Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:21:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATMs to withdraw bitcoins directly form bank account  (Read 1222 times)
roosmaa (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 10:30:30 AM

Whenever I hear the the term Bitcoin ATM, first thing that comes to mind is a regular ATM where I can select to withdraw my money in bitcoins instead of cash. However, as far as I know none of the bitcoin ATM's do that. Instead they deal exclusively with bitcoin-cash conversion.

I'm curious - do ATMs where you can withdraw bitcoins from your bank account exist anywhere in the world? If not what could be the reason why they don't exist?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:39:32 AM

All ATM bitcoin change ... money (cash) to bitcoin.
Somes ATM bitcoin change bitcoin in money (cash).
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:38:10 AM

I'm curious - do ATMs where you can withdraw bitcoins from your bank account exist anywhere in the world? If not what could be the reason why they don't exist?

Such an ATM would have to be your bank's ATM. Does your bank handle BTC transactions? Do you know a bank which does?

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
roosmaa (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 11:42:56 AM

Such an ATM would have to be your bank's ATM. Does your bank handle BTC transactions? Do you know a bank which does?

Depends on the country. In some countries the ATMs aren't operated directly by specific banks (ie in UK you have the LINK network) in such places it could be just a simple software upgrade. (provided it's not stepping on some regulation toes. would it?)
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:09:17 PM

BTCPoint Creates 10,000 Bitcoin-Enabled ATMs Using Spanish Bank Network. They are focusing on changing bitcoin into cash! http://www.coindesk.com/btcpoint-spanish-bank-network-bitcoin-atms/
Beyonce

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Surfbort.

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:21:32 PM

Whenever I hear the the term Bitcoin ATM, first thing that comes to mind is a regular ATM where I can select to withdraw my money in bitcoins instead of cash. However, as far as I know none of the bitcoin ATM's do that. Instead they deal exclusively with bitcoin-cash conversion.

Probably not but I'm sure the feature could easily be implemented. You can do all sorts of stuff from atms these days like top up your phone so I see no reason why you couldn't be able to buy coins or withdraw them to your phone or something (maybe via a qr code or something).

Bow down, bitches.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:45:20 PM

What does this even mean? That a bank exchanges your fiat currency into bitcoins for you, through an ATM?
roosmaa (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:50:08 PM

What does this even mean? That a bank exchanges your fiat currency into bitcoins for you, through an ATM?

ATM exchanges digital money to physical cash (whatever currency) anyway. So why hasn't anyone actually implemented the software patch to let users choose bitcoins instead of cash? Smiley
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:53:19 PM

ATM exchanges digital money to physical cash (whatever currency) anyway. So why hasn't anyone actually implemented the software patch to let users choose bitcoins instead of cash? Smiley
Generally ATMs change digital USD to physical USD, digital RMB to physical RMB, digital CAD to physical CAD... you get my point.

Besides, most banks don't even support bitcoins. Bitcoin ATM makers are purely in the bitcoin business, I doubt they have a strong relationship with banks.
Slaxt

Activity: 476

Gone......

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:08:18 PM

Generally ATMs change digital USD to physical USD, digital RMB to physical RMB, digital CAD to physical CAD... you get my point.

Besides, most banks don't even support bitcoins. Bitcoin ATM makers are purely in the bitcoin business, I doubt they have a strong relationship with banks.

If you look above they are now starting to form that relationship with banks btcpoint already has 10,000 bank atm's and they are in talks for banks in other country's so it will not be long before it around the world and not just spain, but at least spain are leading the way and it is a big step in the right direction Smiley I am still yet to see a atm i can buy btc from i am going to look up locations after this post would rather buy (if right price) than sell.

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
yui

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:32:41 PM

Yes, I also noticed that ATM at my bank doesn't let me get BTC.
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:52:57 PM

If the ATM's ever spit out paper wallets, they'd probably charge insane fees on them.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:57:29 PM

could be because of security or legal reason, it's always about that when you can't find those type of answer

but yeah for now they just do a rate conversion and give you cash
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 06:25:25 PM

This won't happen until your "regular" bank starts dealing in Bitcoin. The ATMs are owned/operated by banks. Give it some time and you might see some duality of currency BUT ATMs currently don't offer Pounds and Euros or Yen and Dollars so perhaps the Bitcoin and Dollars equivalent will never exist.

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:13:06 PM

BTCPoint Creates 10,000 Bitcoin-Enabled ATMs Using Spanish Bank Network. They are focusing on changing bitcoin into cash! http://www.coindesk.com/btcpoint-spanish-bank-network-bitcoin-atms/

That's not helpful, it needs to be the other way round

Account to BTC

then we will see $1000+ bitcoins .... just from Greek fugitive funds alone  Wink

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:18:57 PM

is there any bank that deals directly with BTC so ask for a bank account - BTC would make any sense Huh

strange question

calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:28:42 PM

If those banks insist on only using one currency, just have them switch over to BTC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: