Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 07:16:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What if blockchain shortens password field  (Read 817 times)
muddyheights2 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:33:57 PM

My offline wallet has a around 25 character password for me private key starting with 6

wot if in the future blockchain and other sites shorten the password field to 10 characters will my wallet be doomed forever because at some time in the future i will sweep the funds from it
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:35:52 PM

My offline wallet has a around 25 character password for me private key starting with 6

wot if in the future blockchain and other sites shorten the password field to 10 characters will my wallet be doomed forever because at some time in the future i will sweep the funds from it

That will never happen. There's no reason to limit the password length.
Besides you could always decrypt it off-site.
Do not worry about that.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:49:43 PM

due to the demand for extra security passwords will be longer and longer. so don't worry.
i can't imagine that any site or service will shorten the amount of characters.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:28:57 PM

Yeah, will not happen. It would be a catastrophe. Pretty sure this was predicted for it to never become a problem.
juju

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:39:19 PM

Stop using third parties to either: generate or store your private keys. If you generate your own private keys and transactions, you generate some peace of mind for yourself knowing your control is about as good as it can be.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:58:52 PM

Huh

why would blockchain do it?

To give people more reasons to blame tehm when their coin disappear?

NO, they won't do it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: