Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:22:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Relieving the pain inflicted by the jackboot of the state upon young Zoe's neck  (Read 7418 times)
kevinlarr

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:13:28 PM

Thanks, bud, and nobody's maintaining a list...

JB's just adding donator names to the end of the 1st post in this thread.  No big deal, either way really.

Neat idea about having an article penned. The rags (non-derogatory) always need fodder. Who reading this has connections?

I don't have any connect unfortunately. Maybe if we-all here started some kind of email campaign? Sending links to this thread to the media or something?

Somebody on Reddit penned a kinda snide remark, so I replied in kind, kind of: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2yuwgo/seeking_only_600_usd_via_btc_donations_to_replace/

Well okay but y'know grandma always used to say "You Catch More Flies With Honey Than Vinegar".  Not sure why she'd wanna catch flies in the first place however... LOL

KEV
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:16:46 AM

Thanks, bud, and nobody's maintaining a list...

JB's just adding donator names to the end of the 1st post in this thread.  No big deal, either way really.

Neat idea about having an article penned. The rags (non-derogatory) always need fodder. Who reading this has connections?

I don't have any connect unfortunately. Maybe if we-all here started some kind of email campaign? Sending links to this thread to the media or something?

Somebody on Reddit penned a kinda snide remark, so I replied in kind, kind of: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2yuwgo/seeking_only_600_usd_via_btc_donations_to_replace/

Well okay but y'know grandma always used to say "You Catch More Flies With Honey Than Vinegar".  Not sure why she'd wanna catch flies in the first place however... LOL

KEV

Missed the OP update. Thanks.

In re. Flies/Honey: All in all, my response was rather mild and perhaps I shouldn't have penned anything, but something came over me. That said, apologies to all.
elvizzzzzzz

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:15:46 PM

I tend to avoid public donations, for obvious reasons, but this is just wrong.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:02:25 PM

I tend to avoid public donations, for obvious reasons, but this is just wrong.

Thanks for your input, elvi.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:59:08 AM

Please see the 'BurtW arrested' thread (link below) for background.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934268.msg10733040#msg10733040

Summary: In its bloodlust to lash out at a person trading bitcoins for their personal use, the behemoth of the state has stolen assets of an innocent family. Caught up in this is the family's eight year old daughter - the jackboot thugs stole her piggy bank, along with approximately $600 -- her entire life savings.

One would think that, once BurtW is exonerated, Zoe would get her savings back. But the tyrants are employing the legalistic theft doctrine of so-called 'civil forfeiture' to simply steal the funds, which leaves no meaningful recourse for recovering the funds. Easy as stealing candy from a baby. (no shit - look it up if you're not familiar with this travesty of injustice).

Bruno has suggested a donation fund, with the goal of restoring young Zoe's hard-earned money.

Having lived the nightmare of dozens of masked men, bearing guns and full riot gear, burst into her home and abuse and terrify her family, Zoe may never again trust anyone in law enforcement. However, we may be able to restore a little of her faith in the basic goodness of most of humanity.

If you're up to the task, would you be so kind as to escrow a bitcoin wallet address that you'll create for the purpose of garnering $600 USD worth of bitcoins? Once amassed, you convert (or however) the bitcoins to fiat, and source a like or similar container/safe that said amount once held Burt and Jean's eight-year-old daughter's savings to once again store the $600.

Hey Bruno - I'd be happy to do so. Bear in mind that, despite my long time involvement here on bitcointalk, I have never escrowed anything for anybody. Accordingly, there is the issue of having to trust me.

Alternatively, we could create a multisig address, which would distribute the trust. However, that's another thing that I've never done, and it would take a bit for me to figure it out. This time could run in parallel with a discussion of whom within the community should be signatories (keyholders) to the multisig address.

Thirdly, we can employ kevinlarr's addy. But then the community would need to trust both of us. In this case, it is likely better to leave it in the sole custody of kevinlarr, though I could still ensure the fiat gets to Zoe. Incidentally, while I have met Zoe -- even bought girl scout cookies from her on more than one occasion -- I am unsure of the spelling of her name. However, I have no reason currently to think that is is other than the most common 'Zoe' derivation.

So I ask anyone likely to donate to weigh in -- in this thread -- on which of these options they would prefer.

==========================
Edit:

Following is the address for donations - see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985596.msg10752541#msg10752541 for details.

1FvX81SxjLLvFymFVDH3Z4LXA87jVU6EaH

Donators include:
jbreher
Gleb Gamow
kevinlarr

Summary: In its bloodlust to lash out at a person trading bitcoins for their personal use, the behemoth of the state has stolen assets of an innocent family. Caught up in this is the family's eight year old daughter - the jackboot thugs stole her piggy bank, along with approximately $600 -- her entire life savings.

Difficult to hear that ! You would think her father would have make her saved in Bitcoin Wink
kevinlarr

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:15:09 AM

Difficult to hear that ! You would think her father would have make her saved in Bitcoin Wink

Ha!  Yeah, I agree... maybe when we meet the target goal of $600 worth of btc to replace young Zoe's piggy bank, we should insist on transferring it only to her OWN WALLET, keeping it in bitcoin & not converting to fiat, as a condition of replacing her loss!

Would kinda drive the point home and/or make it evident for outside observers, which one is better... right?

I think her father would agree Smiley

KEVLARR
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:07:39 AM

Ha!  Yeah, I agree... maybe when we meet the target goal of $600 worth of btc to replace young Zoe's piggy bank, we should insist on transferring it only to her OWN WALLET, keeping it in bitcoin & not converting to fiat, as a condition of replacing her loss!

Would kinda drive the point home and/or make it evident for outside observers, which one is better... right?

I think her father would agree Smiley

KEVLARR

They can just as easily confiscate bitcoins as they do fiat, as the father would surely attest to.

Thanks to all who've contributed to date: https://blockchain.info/address/1FvX81SxjLLvFymFVDH3Z4LXA87jVU6EaH
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 01:48:38 AM

https://blockchain.info/tx/4e435b1f0ba68d67ffde297b1bdbed670bc35990376a795b0975e8dd0ca02c24

Ok here's $10 to Zoe.  So what are we supposed to do to prevent martyrs like BurtW, Charlie Shrem, and Ross Ulbricht?

kevinlarr

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:32:03 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 04:16:32 PM by kevinlarr

https://blockchain.info/tx/4e435b1f0ba68d67ffde297b1bdbed670bc35990376a795b0975e8dd0ca02c24

Ok here's $10 to Zoe.  So what are we supposed to do to prevent martyrs like BurtW, Charlie Shrem, and Ross Ulbricht?

Over on the other "main" BurtW thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934268.0 ... I've been trying to steer the conversation around to this, i.e. what can bitcoin people do (particularly traders who buy and sell on localbitcoins.com like Burt (allegedly) did) to protect themselves from being the next "BurtW" case.

Topics have included possibly putting a legal disclaimer with various protective agreement clauses into your LBC ad if you're a vendor, to making prospective buyers sign an agreement before proceeding with any trade, to keeping your trades under some supposedly "low enough" limit (per trade or per day or per-whatever) to the simple but most likely impractical "just get licensed, man" argument... all the way to extreme reaction that is likely the whole PURPOSE of this exercise by the government: just don't buy or sell bitcoin from anyone or anywhere OTHER than the "controlled" and "licensed" (and "monitored") government approved exchanges or sources.

There are not really any solid answers yet, but the topic is (hopefully) evolving over there.  Suggest we move any add'tl info on this subject to that thread and keep THIS one only focused on getting 1 more bitcoin for Zoe.  The FUND is already almost HALFWAY there!  Thanks to all contributors, very nice of y'all Smiley

KEVLARR
jbreher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:14:24 AM

Several more have donated, but they are not seeking public acknowledgement. Total of fourteen donations for 0.95313003 BTC - nearly halfway there. Thanks to all who have contributed.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:46:51 AM

Several more have donated, but they are not seeking public acknowledgement. Total of fourteen donations for 0.95313003 BTC - nearly halfway there. Thanks to all who have contributed.

Here's my friendly bump: https://blockchain.info/address/1FvX81SxjLLvFymFVDH3Z4LXA87jVU6EaH

Apologies for not being here of late, but was caught up in that Leroy Fodoer dude. I don't think you want to know what I'm caught up in now pertaining to Bitcoin, but it'll make Pattaya look tame by comparison. Let's just say that if Burt wasn't married and he was buds with certain 'ticians, and didn't reside in CO, by in a state known for its apples, he may not be in this pickle (no pun intended).
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1566

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 01:40:00 PM

It would be great to get some media attention on that.

"Police stole 8-years-old's piggy bank" - catchy headline.

Seriously, it must have been traumatic experience for the girl.

I'm happy to contribute:

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/226d672f20ab2ad36ba11c3b3d62600a715b8f6a2b74a4ffbaa770eb1e30dbb8

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:07:13 PM

Unbelievable that the cops can legally take Zoe's money, let alone the trauma induced by having your house raided by uniformed thugs.

Will be sending a small donation soon Wink

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1566

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 11:26:04 AM

Bumping for visibility.

Collected so far: 0.99784352 BTC

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
kevinlarr

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:31:34 PM

Actually a couple of the sub-$1 transactions were mine too... just tossing in a little more "loose change" dust from a couple of my lesser-used wallets there.

But... "aaaaah" c'mon you guys, we're at 0.99xxxx seriously?  Someone throw in fifty cents more worth and at least tip it over to 1.0 whole bitcoin!!

KEV
kevinlarr

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 03:45:26 PM

Ha... I just posted above and looks like two people had exactly the same idea at the same time.

Two separate transactions just came in for 0.00215648 each from different addresses: someone trying to top it up to exactly 1.0 bitcoin Smiley

KEV
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:06:15 PM

Bumping for visibility.

Collected so far: 0.99784352 BTC

Now over 1 bitcoin Wink

1.00215648 BTC to be precise, surely we can get a least 2 btc (every satoshi helps!).

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
jbreher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:12:12 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 07:16:04 PM by jbreher

Weekly bump. Now up to 21 donations. But seemingly slowing. That can't be the best we can do, can it?

Maybe if you think of it as blowing a great big raspberry in the masked face of some indignant stormtrooper? Imagine letters of your choosing on the breast of their tactical vest - DEA, IRS, ATF, TSA, GAW, ...

Think about it, won't you?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:24:54 PM

Just donated 0.02 BTC.  thx.

JeanW

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 08:00:36 PM

Hello,

This is Zoë's mom, Jean.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the fund for our daughter.  She has always been quite the saver and was hoping to go to rock climbing camp this summer. 

We appreciate your concern for our daughter.  She is very traumatized by these events.

I've been asked not to post anymore.  Every time I post, the federal agents that are spying on the Bitcoin world tell AUSA Korver and she gives Burt's attorney an earful.

Thanks, Jean
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: