Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:38:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block solves? Was Re: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 0.5% fee anonymous solo bitcoin mining! 29 blocks solved!  (Read 1575 times)
lowbander80 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 04:55:46 PM

So I have a KNC Super Jupiter that runs at 1Ths I had this for about 3 weeks now on Nicehash and before making a shelve relocation
I have looked on the basic KNC screen.*(did not took a photo at that time ouch) and saw it has found 7 blocks so far running 24/7
Does this means that if the miner was running solo it would be 7 blocks all mine??? or the part of work I was given on the pool
was lucky enought that my miner found these blocks???
you can see now that I have restarted the miner the number on found blocks is 0
running it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:10:32 PM

So I have a KNC Super Jupiter that runs at 1Ths I had this for about 3 weeks now on Nicehash and before making a shelve relocation
I have looked on the basic KNC screen.*(did not took a photo at that time ouch) and saw it has found 7 blocks so far running 24/7
Does this means that if the miner was running solo it would be 7 blocks all mine??? or the part of work I was given on the pool
running it

I guess someone was renting your gear and was mining something else then Bitcoin. A coin with a low diff. which make you found 7 blocks of that coin.

You have more chance to die from a lightning then to see that ever happen with 1 TH. (For BTC)

I have been mining for almost a year with more then 1 TH and never found a BTC block on my pool.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 05:12:58 PM

running it

The hash you submitted for the work you got from the pool that solved the block would not have been a solution to any other block (i.e. a block of work you are attempting to submit on your own).

In other words, just because your miner found a block on a pool does not mean your miner would have found that block solo and awarded you the entire 25BTC.

EDIT: if you were renting your gear, the chances are very good whoever rented it was mining some other SHA-256 coin with a far lower difficulty than BTC, and hence why your miner reports the found blocks.  For example, I rent out my S3s.  Recently (the past few weeks) they've been rented out constantly and were mining some alt coin.  Here's one of them:

With a best share value of 57.6M, I certainly didn't find any blocks of BTC Wink

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:22:20 PM

First, no you wouldn't have found those blocks solo because the work is different. Secondly, I doubt you solved 7 bitcoin blocks with 1 TH/s in 3 weeks. Since you had it pointed to nicehash it was probably rented out to mine some sha256 altcoin with a much lower diff or maybe there is something wrong in the reporting of the jupiter. Anyway, the average time to find a bitcoin block with 1 TH/s is ~2350 days at current diff so you finding 7 in 3 weeks would be  Shocked

EDIT: lol, need to refresh the page before responding  Cheesy
lowbander80 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:42:22 PM

HerbPean
jonnybravo0311
Gws24

thanks for the explanation I should have thought about it since its 7 blocks in 3 weeks time...
that would be real in early 2013...I guess
Shame as its bad news for me!!!
like not everything that shines is gold...
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:23:04 AM

You have more chance to die from a lightning then to see that ever happen with 1 TH. (For BTC)

I have been mining for almost a year with more then 1 TH and never found a BTC block on my pool.

My S2 found a block after a couple of months of pure bitcoin mining. So as my S5 later. Is it coincidence? Or is it regularity?

p.s. unfortunately, both were mining in pool......

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
lesh11

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:30:07 PM

is solo.ckpool.org down?  I have running it for about a month, and today nothing is happening.

From one of my Antminer S3's:

stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333  Dead
http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333         Alive

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: