Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:32:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining operation  (Read 3247 times)
zekarsalih (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:54:17 PM

Dear bitcointalk community,

For weeks I have following everything I can about bitcoin and mining. This is because I am from a country where there is subsidised elektricity for every houseHold Hold. I have found enough space to store 100-300 th/s at 0.01 ct ct/kwh.

I have a couple things I could use help with.
What is best th/usd ratio hardware available?
I have an offer for 260usd per th/s. I still think thats extensieve and am looking for better option. Used miners is also possible, as in a retirement place for miners.

I want to try and get a loon/investment at btcjam since I do not plan to put my own entire capitalist at risk and am looking for partners.

I can verify everything and am looking forward to read comments comments. Good and bad once;)

Kind Regards,

ZEKSAL

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zekarsalih (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:08:49 PM

I will try btcjam.Com also since their seems to be no interest so far  Huh
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:03:00 AM

Who's giving you $260/TH? I've talked to Bitmain, Spondoolies and Avalon in the last week and haven't gotten numbers that good from any of them.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:49:29 AM

Who's giving you $260/TH? I've talked to Bitmain, Spondoolies and Avalon in the last week and haven't gotten numbers that good from any of them.

I'm guessing some old Dragon's (A1's).  That is about their going rate.   I don't think anything current gen for that.
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:20:26 AM

It is very possible to get this low or lower, you just have to order the right quantity.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:43:52 AM

I've heard $370 shipped from Avalon for something like 50 units of the 4.1, and approximately "stick it" from Bitmain for $419 up to 100 units of the S5. BM would probably negotiate lower on a jumbo batch but I wouldn't advise to buy a jumbo batch without first getting a small group and seeing what it takes to set them up and run reliably, but they weren't willing to budge an inch on pricing even for a palletfull and I wouldn't advise buying an S5 at their current price point.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:47:13 AM

It is very possible to get this low or lower, you just have to order the right quantity.

Please show proof of any company with current gen miner doing this.  Specifically the 3 companies mentioned in what you quoted. I don't see getting 260 and definitely not lower.

kulme

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:06:36 AM

Even if the proof is very legit, I think other details would be required to get a loan at btcjam. I  doubt they would fund an operation that big.

Kulme
MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:46:41 AM

Please show proof of any company with current gen miner doing this.  Specifically the 3 companies mentioned in what you quoted. I don't see getting 260 and definitely not lower.

Easily done.

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/holiday-special-sp20-mini-farm-batch-2

$5495.00/15 = $366.33 each

$366.33/1.7 = $215.49 per Th  (Even if you go with 1.65 or 1.6 its still less then $250, cause getting them to 1.7 or higher is a PITA)

That was only 15, imagine ordering in quantities of 50+

MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:47:51 AM

Even if the proof is very legit, I think other details would be required to get a loan at btcjam. I  doubt they would fund an operation that big.

I have been involved in several orders of $5k and much more that was all done with cash or credit card, no loans involved.

sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:17:45 AM

Easily done.

$366.33/1.7 = $215.49 per Th  (Even if you go with 1.65 or 1.6 its still less then $250, cause getting them to 1.7 or higher is a PITA)

Okay, now try that with hardware that a) actually exists, and b) isn't price-hammered into selling at a loss. I know what SPTech's price break is for SP31 right now and it's certainly not that.

zekarsalih (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:29:49 AM

Guys we are going of topic with the replies. I asked for expertise not for research into my honestnes.  I can get th/s at that price, as I mentioned Electricity is so cheap that efficiency does not matter so i can also buy second hand miners. I just need findings, it does mot have to be much. And need expertise of People with 50th/s or higher operation that ks running right now
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:07:05 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 08:22:31 AM by notlist3d

Easily done.

$366.33/1.7 = $215.49 per Th  (Even if you go with 1.65 or 1.6 its still less then $250, cause getting them to 1.7 or higher is a PITA)

I will give you credit showing something those.  But they are sold out and will not produce SP20's anymore.  I cannot find quote but I believe they said last batches were sold at a loss.

SP has the SP31 in stock 2000/5T = 400 per TH.

Look at Bitmain S5 419/1.155 T = 375

I honestly hope I am wrong and you can show a current gen miner being sold at 260 per T but I just don't see it unless going twords old gear.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:21:03 AM

Guys we are going of topic with the replies. I asked for expertise not for research into my honestnes.  I can get th/s at that price, as I mentioned Electricity is so cheap that efficiency does not matter so i can also buy second hand miners. I just need findings, it does mot have to be much. And need expertise of People with 50th/s or higher operation that ks running right now

To go back to your topic.  Yes you could use BTC Jam or Loan forum here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=65.0

With being new to get loan on forum will need to jump through hoops and have collateral to cover loan. As a general rule most lenders hate to loan for mining operations.  They are normally looking for different types of loans.

You will have to have a "A" on BTC jam rating, and if you have no history it is again harder to get.  You can see current listings - https://btcjam.com/listings/f/all-terms/usd-tied,btc-tied,brl-tied,rub-tied,eur-tied,mxn-tied,inr-tied/all-ratings/safe/no-hide/asc,3/mining?page=1

Your operation you ask for 100 to 300 (of some 260 per miner) comes out to 26,000 to 78,000. 

That does not include location rent, also most locations will not want to let you modify building for mining.  You need to do a lot of electrical work, and a good exhaust system.  Then have networking gear.  The list goes on and on.

Im sorry to say but most likely you will not find a investor online.  You most likely will need to fund yourself, or have a plan for bank or someone who knows you to try to get funding.
zekarsalih (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 09:02:56 AM

I have got the location ready for usage. About the electricity, you are right. Most of my appartments will need rewiring to make sure no shortcuts or other issues can occur. I have attached a cooling system in every room. All of this can be backed up by pictures of the appartments.

I need mining hardware, thats all I need to start of. I would be very interested in people who run a operation that is getting unprofitable, since I can take over their miners and keep them part of my opperation so we can benefit together!

Guys I know some of you are reading this and could offer me great help, dont hold back, I have a lot to offer in return and am a Business student so I have done some calculations and have some basic knowledge on doing business.

There are lots of sites offering second hand miners for 200usd/th/s ofcourse this is not ideal but still, with almost no electricity costs they could still gain a good profit.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 09:44:38 AM

Most of my appartments will need rewiring to make sure no shortcuts or other issues can occur. I have attached a cooling system in every room. All of this can be backed up by pictures of the appartments.

I would suggest starting small and growing.

But how you talk about 100T of gear there just is no way it will be in a apartment.  It will take a building/warehouse and a lot of things done to it.  Residential miners will be much much less then 100T.
zekarsalih (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:23:41 AM

You are right sir. The point is I have more than one appartement. I plan to put 20th/s per appartement. But thanks for thinking with me guys.. Keep it going and private message me if you have any hardware or other specific info
Jamphone

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 12:45:03 PM

You are right sir. The point is I have more than one appartement. I plan to put 20th/s per appartement. But thanks for thinking with me guys.. Keep it going and private message me if you have any hardware or other specific info

20TH/apartment? So 11-13KW (at best) of use... I think you'll find that's beyond what most apartments can handle.

Also, 20TH will only make $1855, so rent is going to kill you, let alone power. Where are you located?
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:04:27 PM

Sorry to have gone off-topic with gear price calculations. I wasn't questioning your honesty so much as hoping you'd reveal your source so I could also get in on hardware at that price.

zekarsalih (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:34:31 PM

It is a country in the middle east. Im summier it is 50degree so every house has lots of colliers. Rent is no problem aswell (oftopic) haha. The hardware is an esyimate from hardware I already purchased second hand and China import.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: