Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:34:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI Arrested Teenager For Assisting ISIS Recruitment  (Read 681 times)
MUCHSIN (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:26:56 AM

What do you think will be the move of the goverment when something like this happened?
http://bitforum.info/t/fbi-arrested-teenager-for-assisting-isis-recruitment/383

Do you think theres more of them?
Note: This was the second incident that happened last week. First was Bryce Weiner.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 11:47:52 AM

No one should be surprised, even if the allegations are true, you'll find like with most terrorist legislation it's simply going to be used to remove opposition rather than actually find any real threats and like with the previous cases we've had when there's a real attack the governments using this surveillance will have known about them beforehand.
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 12:09:59 PM

With all the death cruelty, and disaster widely publicized about ISIS, I don't understand why a 17 year old boy would choose this path.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:43:08 PM

What do you think will be the move of the goverment when something like this happened?
http://bitforum.info/t/fbi-arrested-teenager-for-assisting-isis-recruitment/383

Do you think theres more of them?
Note: This was the second incident that happened last week. First was Bryce Weiner.

I think the government will rise its level of control to all the bitcoin site in US and outside (they can do if they really want). However I do not like to see "bitcoin" correlated with the word terrorist, because the people will continue think that it is a bad thing (but all we know that it is not a bad thing). As it is written in the article:

'He in no way came across as any sort of extremist,' O'Bryant said. 'My hope is that there was some kind of misunderstanding, that he didn’t know who he was helping.'

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 08:51:33 PM

What did this teenager do to assist ISIS recruitment? The article doesn't even say!

The Bryce case is completely different.

The US will never fade it's point of view on aiding terrorism...if you're helping terrorists you'll be arrested and prosecuted as a traitor. There should be little flexibility on this stance provided each of the accused is provide a fair trial. The trial part is very critical....keeps the US system together.

Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 09:24:08 PM

What did this teenager do to assist ISIS recruitment? The article doesn't even say!

The Bryce case is completely different.

The US will never fade it's point of view on aiding terrorism...if you're helping terrorists you'll be arrested and prosecuted as a traitor. There should be little flexibility on this stance provided each of the accused is provide a fair trial. The trial part is very critical....keeps the US system together.
Both kids will be convicted anything with the word terrorist and people tend to freak out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: