Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:32:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Street To Bitcoin: Does It Really Matter?  (Read 2099 times)
MUCHSIN (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:59:03 PM

I noticed that more and more EX/Former Wall Street guys are taking their talents to Bitcoin-related businesses.

http[Suspicious link removed]c-blythe-masters-swaps-wall-street-for-bitcoin/

I mean..Bitcoin was built in the first place to avoid these guys..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:09:37 PM

I noticed that more and more EX/Former Wall Street guys are taking their talents to Bitcoin-related businesses.

I don't think it is too important that this is happening, but it also isn't a bad thing.
With the DOW and NASDAQ at all time highs, bonds yielding nothing and the USD crazy strong, they are struggling to invest in anything that has a lot of potiential.

That and that banks are being more tightly regulated, whereas Bitcoin isn't yet, so they can get away with ripping everyone off for a while before getting caught again!
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:12:32 PM

Well, it's always a good thing. Money coming in it's always good news. They can't trick the blockchain so they are welcome if they put their fiat into BTC.
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:15:02 PM

I don't think it is too important that this is happening, but it also isn't a bad thing.
With the DOW and NASDAQ at all time highs, bonds yielding nothing and the USD crazy strong, they are struggling to invest in anything that has a lot of potiential.

That and that banks are being more tightly regulated, whereas Bitcoin isn't yet, so they can get away with ripping everyone off for a while before getting caught again!

So in short they have came to make sure bitcoin is regulated sooner than it otherwise was going to be lol bitcoin could have done without these guys but everyone is welcome here including the scum of the financial world and anyone else who feels like coming along to rob as much as they can  Lips sealed

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:31:31 PM

I think it will bring the attention of Wall Street guys at bitcoin, which has great potential and promising future. If most of Wall Strest guys are adopting bitcoin as an investment tool, then the adoption rate of bitcoin will be increasing quickly!

Will.i.am Shakespeare

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:33:08 PM

It's good that these bankers are coming over. If you can't beat em join em. I'm sure they can see the great potential in bitcoin and they can help promote it at least. I'd rather have them involved than not at all.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 02:57:37 PM

It was bound to happen, many of these individuals are drawn to whatever is hottest. Many of them will move along, the first chance they get, which is fine as well. Its a free market, or at least its supposed to be  Grin

Cray4Cryptz

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:20:29 PM

It was bound to happen, many of these individuals are drawn to whatever is hottest. Many of them will move along, the first chance they get, which is fine as well. Its a free market, or at least its supposed to be  Grin

and because they see a big potential in Bitcoin then they are jumping overboard.
maybe bigger money for them, more experience for Bitcoin.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:39:18 PM

I haven't seen that. Do you have some more info or data about it?

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:13:19 PM

It matters because Wall Street types have tons of capital to invest and tend to be late adopters of new tech

hdd3go
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:31:58 PM

It does, they always seek something new to invest while Bitcoin is definitely a excellent investment, just like new company 21 getting 10 millions investment, Bitcoin is attracting more and more attention.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:18:15 PM

So in short they have came to make sure bitcoin is regulated sooner than it otherwise was going to be lol bitcoin could have done without these guys but everyone is welcome here including the scum of the financial world and anyone else who feels like coming along to rob as much as they can  Lips sealed

The scum is pretty much all ready here. This just adds to it. We have a real trust issue with bit coin due to the scammers and ponzi schemes. Keeping it free means the scum will continue to come but so will honest people. I believe in the end that decent people will win out, there will be more pain before we get there though.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 08:07:12 PM

I don't think Bitcoin was built to avoid Wall Street, was it?

You have to believe that people who make their living out of capitalizing from investments, currency, and assets would be attracted to Bitcoin if it becomes a viable option for making a living.

The beauty of Bitcoin is that the technology has been developed that removes people from influencing how it operates - people or an organization can't "mint" more, the community is required to verify transactions, which minimizes instances of fraud, etc.

We should be pleased that those on Wall St. are starting to pay attention.

Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:11:47 PM

Seeing as how Wall Street (NYSE in particular) invested in Coinbase and that new 21 co, they see potential in Bitcoin, so yes, it does matter.
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:33:22 PM

but bitcoin needs some entities to be able to manage with the today's burocracy
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:38:06 PM

Wall St would trade in smoked placentas if there was money in it so it's no surprise that they'll head for crypto if it looks like taking off.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:40:49 PM

I can understand your views and I'm also somewhat afraid of these gift bearing Greeks, however bitcoin primarily been built as cheap unregulated money transfer system. Until these guys are playing accordingly to btc's embedded rules I think they can be useful.
I'm much more afraid of politicians then bankers. Bankers used to be sensible ppl...
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:06:16 PM

Wall Street asking if Bitcoin matters is tantamount to passengers on a ship asking if an oncoming tsunami matters.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:09:43 PM

They are certainly IN. Lots of interest building up behind the curtains. And look at all these positive news on TWSJ.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:27:58 PM

In Wall Street's eyes, bitcoin is just another asset that they can make bubbles upon and earn lots of fiat

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: