Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:51:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Street To Bitcoin: Does It Really Matter?  (Read 2099 times)
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:05:28 AM

In Wall Street's eyes, bitcoin is just another asset that they can make bubbles upon and earn lots of fiat

Just like we doing all the time Smiley. I can't blame for that.
Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:24:21 PM

In Wall Street's eyes, bitcoin is just another asset that they can make bubbles upon and earn lots of fiat

Exaclty. It's rather unhealthy for Bitcoin.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:22:40 PM

Is using a black hole to dispose of toxic waste "unhealthy" for the singularity? I think not.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:31:08 PM

Is using a black hole to dispose of toxic waste "unhealthy" for the singularity? I think not.

My English is not sufficient enough to understand what you tried to tell me.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:35:53 PM

Price manipulations, scams, hacks, heists, dumps are all natural and inevitable for a new currency with a relatively small market cap.

Bitcoin is indifferent to these shenanigans. Like a black hole, bitcoin waits with the eternal patience of the cosmos for the fiat train to fly off the rails.

All empires crumble in time. All imperial money has a limited lifespan, usually measured in the hundreds of years.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BrunesBTC45

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:06:42 PM

For sure.
They are seeing this as an opportunity to make more money and not help Bitcoin/digital currency itself.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:37:58 PM

Not everyone thinks it's just another asset. Some of them are privately buying and holding for long term use because they see a potential scenareo where Bitcoin becomes a new standard of digital payments.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:40:54 PM

Not everyone thinks it's just another asset. Some of them are privately buying and holding for long term use because they see a potential scenareo where Bitcoin becomes a new standard of digital payments.
And at some point it will become plain obvious that anyone with any available fiat to invest with should do so by putting at least a small % in Bitcoin. Bitcoin will become the most exciting thing to have in one's portfolio.
asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:12:05 PM

And at some point it will become plain obvious that anyone with any available fiat to invest with should do so by putting at least a small % in Bitcoin. Bitcoin will become the most exciting thing to have in one's portfolio.

It will indeed that is when the guys who scream interstellar maybe right and i would hunt back to find there threads and give them a tip for not believing in them.

Op the fact at these guys have chose to come and hustle bitcoin does not really matter, well it does but there is absolutely nothing we can do is there and it is also a tool for freedom so anyone can use this even the wall street thiefs hopefully it doesn't end up to bad for avarage investors.

I just hodl hodl most of mine where ever we go i am there Shocked)

M28MmickT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

BTG CEO

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:22:28 PM

Price manipulations, scams, hacks, heists, dumps are all natural and inevitable for a new currency with a relatively small market cap.

Bitcoin is indifferent to these shenanigans. Like a black hole, bitcoin waits with the eternal patience of the cosmos for the fiat train to fly off the rails.

All empires crumble in time. All imperial money has a limited lifespan, usually measured in the hundreds of years.

You have a lovely way with words and you are right with much knowledge, how much money from wall street is waiting to feed bitcoin is kind of interesting to me would love to get some potential figures. The thing is when they arrive i believe it will e very fun times the craziness that will come with them is a once in a life time. Will regulations not be to far behind them though i wonder and hope not  Undecided

blablaace

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 12:17:55 AM

Sure it matters. Institutional investors will bump the price, of course, as they begin funneling client funds into Bitcoin hedge funds and the like
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 12:20:09 AM

You have a lovely way with words and you are right with much knowledge, how much money from wall street is waiting to feed bitcoin is kind of interesting to me would love to get some potential figures. The thing is when they arrive i believe it will e very fun times the craziness that will come with them is a once in a life time. Will regulations not be to far behind them though i wonder and hope not  Undecided
You are too kind, thank you. I agree, this is one of the most exciting times we could possibly be alive. The world has just entered a period of rapid transformation that will not stop until our society is almost unrecognizable by today's standards.

xmasdobo

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 12:36:17 AM

Hell yeah it does, these people have money. Money in bitcoin = good.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:32:12 AM

Hell yeah it does, these people have money. Money in bitcoin = good.
Yep, time for us to get plenty of all the bailout money back from these guys. The rest, however, will come from those at the later entry points via the FOMO sentiments.
GenieBTC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:15:35 AM

I noticed that more and more EX/Former Wall Street guys are taking their talents to Bitcoin-related businesses.

http[Suspicious link removed]c-blythe-masters-swaps-wall-street-for-bitcoin/

I mean..Bitcoin was built in the first place to avoid these guys..

Bitcoin succeed without the help of these guys.
Now that they notice that bitcoin's popularity is skyrocketing, then they jump ship.

Well, we all know what will happen if Bitcoin sinks, they will jump ship again.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:22:31 AM

Bubbles?
The way you said it really sounds like fun.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: