Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Destroy stereotypes about Digitalcoin [DGC]  (Read 1778 times)
SimonTower (OP)

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:14:38 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 03:27:00 PM by SimonTower

Our team working hard on Digitalcoin, but when I talking about DGC with somebody, I heard lots of exciting verdicts about that. I want to destroy the old stereotypes, so...

Let's get everything straight.

In cryptoworld everybody looking for profit within a day so very hard to reach masses. I can't explain to everybody one by one the advantages of Digitalcoin. Everybody heard about us but their stereotypes are brutal like:

• "Copy from Worldcoin, that's a joke" - I don't know the original source code, maybe, but the V3 is completely unique.
  • "I heard about DGC. That was the coin what had a developer who stolen the premined coins" - We didn't have any premine coin, the original dev left us a year ago, that was his own bought/mined supply so who cares? We have a stable, reliable foundation, etc-etc.
  • "Look at that chart. That coin is dead" - Nope. If You're looking the last 6 months, the price is solid as rock. If You're looking from 2013 it's a chance! We have a huge potentinal for growing.
  • "DGC is the past. XYZ coin is the future" - Lots of people joined to cryptoworld right after the last BTC boom. We had new coins at every day in that period and never care with a coin what launched before that.
  • "DGC is a centralized shitcoin" - I have no idea where do they read that. Yeah, we have a "main group" as a foundation but anybody could join who want to build/help in something. The decisions are democratic too. Wink

Most of people don't know about the small living community at IRC. About 40-50 people talking there for a year. Made some great friendship, working together and trust each other. This core is the main reason why we won't fail. It isn't depend only 1 or 2 guys and the target is clear. Build a valued, useable cryptocurrency what a real alternative to Bitcoin.

So what is our plan? Working toward on services to make a useable currency and try to reach masses. If somebody could help to DGC in something, please feel free to join us at IRC channel. We are looking for developers, investors, PR guys, supporters.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Could You supplement this list? Tell me!
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:11:25 AM

very good summary simontower Smiley GO DGC!
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:57:48 AM

Guess I'll post here a comparison of DGC to other prominent coins, using statistics provided by the CryptoID block explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/

All stats are current as of this post. As you can see we're doing quite well compared to coins like Dark/Dash, BlackCoin, and Paycoin, and our market cap is much more realistic when you consider the current price (.00002) and how many DGC are in circulation.

Coins currently in circulation:
DGC 19,064,330
DRK 5,255,452
BLK 74,854,486
XPY 15,186,412

Market Capitalization:
DGC $106,190
DRK $21,370,084
BLK $1,226,655
XPY $7,658,901

Addresses with a balance:
DGC 53987
DRK 77419
BLK 35723
XPY 11310

Active Network Connections:
DGC 93
DRK 25
BLK 117
XPY 48
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:59:16 AM

40-50 people compared to 15,000 in NXT?  Lmfao!  Don't waste your money on these $hitcoins.   Cheesy

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
kenel

Activity: 578

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:10:27 AM

40-50 people compared to 15,000 in NXT?  Lmfao!  Don't waste your money on these $hitcoins.   Cheesy

People must gravitate around your positive attitude.

Here's a suggestion: http://amzn.to/1C2RHD3
SimonTower (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:14:30 AM

40-50 people compared to 15,000 in NXT?  Lmfao!  Don't waste your money on these $hitcoins.   Cheesy

We have around 3k registered member at our forum. NXT has 4k. Our twitter has 4k follower, NXT has couple hundreds. I spoke about the CORE, who are actively working on DGC.
Anyway, thanks for this constructive criticism. Do You know what does it mean "shitcoin"?

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:09:11 AM

• "I heard about DGC. That was the coin what had a developer who stolen the premined coins" - We didn't have any premine coin, the original dev left us a year ago, that was his own bought/mined supply so who cares? We have a stable, reliable foundation, etc-etc.

if this is the case why was he outted as a scammer by many of the current core members of dgc?
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:11:49 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 04:12:19 AM by kelsey

40-50 people compared to 15,000 in NXT?  Lmfao!  Don't waste your money on these $hitcoins.   Cheesy

lol how to win friends and influence people

lol bit rich coming from you.

maybe the influence part; weren't you suggesting running a smear campaign against a certain business  Shocked
kenel

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:42:24 AM

lol how to win friends and influence people

lol bit rich coming from you.

maybe the influence part; weren't you suggesting running a smear campaign against a certain business  Shocked

I reached out to you kelsey and had no response from you. Since you will not talk with me in private or mano a mano....we can talk in public....

What is your end goal here?
kenel

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:44:22 AM

if this is the case why was he outted as a scammer by many of the current core members of dgc?

People are upset over the shares of CryptoAve that were sold, not what you are referencing. Again, had you taken me up on my offer to talk privately, I would have filled you in with a bit of information.
cosmoo

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:45:04 PM

pretty sure this is their only goal kenel

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:26:20 PM

• "Copy from Worldcoin, that's a joke" - I don't know the original source code, maybe, but the V3 is completely unique.
This is correct. Development came later on but originally is was a poor clone of a very old LTC base. Though technically not true it is technically not a joke either. Worldcoin was also cloned of an old shitty LTC base.

The lead developer took a heap of money in "donations" and lost them to an heartbleed hack before heartbleed was public. Your dev was behind many other premined coins while taking donations for DGC. Call it as you will

• "Look at that chart. That coin is dead" - Nope. If You're looking the last 6 months, the price is solid as rock. If You're looking from 2013 it's a chance! We have a huge potential for growing.
You have a huge potential but times what you have done by 30 and thats a whole lifetime of development. Would you say you have done enough to change the world?

• "DGC is the past. XYZ coin is the future" - Lots of people joined to cryptoworld right after the last BTC boom. We had new coins at every day in that period and never care with a coin what launched before that.
In 2 years almost nothing new to encourage investors, growth or potential.

• "DGC is a centralized shitcoin" - I have no idea where do they read that. Yeah, we have a "main group" as a foundation but anybody could join who want to build/help in something. The decisions are democratic too. Wink
A foundation is centralization to an extent. You can't win this argument but you can't lose either.
kenel

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:44:29 PM

I appreciate your honest assessment.
SimonTower (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 05:09:03 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 05:33:07 PM by SimonTower

This is correct. Development came later on but originally is was a poor clone of a very old LTC base. Though technically not true it is technically not a joke either. Worldcoin was also cloned of an old shitty LTC base.
- I mean "That's a joke"=DGC is a joke. I don't care the original code, we have a unique one now so nobody tell me DGC is a WDC clone NOW.

The lead developer took a heap of money in "donations" and lost them to an heartbleed hack before heartbleed was public. Your dev was behind many other premined coins while taking donations for DGC. Call it as you will
-If You're right, I call it: He was a scammer. But I'm not baritus. DGC doesn't baritus too. If it's easier to You, try to imagine this coin is a "new" one. The old is died at early 2014. If You can't handle this, let's find baritus and bury him, I don't care, but don't punishing us for his actions.

• "Look at that chart. That coin is dead" - Nope. If You're looking the last 6 months, the price is solid as rock. If You're looking from 2013 it's a chance! We have a huge potential for growing.
You have a huge potential but times what you have done by 30 and thats a whole lifetime of development. Would you say you have done enough to change the world?
-Of course not. Our development started the work around 8-10 months ago. Prepared to rebuild the whole brand, rewrite the full code. In the last months we're stabilized the price between 0.00002-3. The fact we reached almost 0.001 in the past DGC has room to rise back there. This is the price under our development.:

In 2 years almost nothing new to encourage investors, growth or potential.

-You're absolutely right. When the BTC will rise again, the investors will come and the altcoins start to rising again. The question is what alts will survive until that. We will.

A foundation is centralization to an extent. You can't win this argument but you can't lose either.

-If nobody care with a currency, that's die. If YOu have better idea for any progress without a group who are working together, tell me please.
cosmoo

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:03:43 PM

The wealth distribution shows an obvious lack of centralization.

Spastic differences between the 'Last Changes' of the top addresses, along with the number of credited addresses show that there isn't a major consolidation of wealth, like how DRK had a 50% instamine or how 33% of the BitBay available belongs to a single entity (check their rich list on that explorer.)

DarkCoin actually has excellent distribution after it's been whored out so hard, but given their high market cap I feel it's one of the finest-packaged investments in cryptoland, yet ultimately it's toxic due to the inflated market cap. DGC's low market cap is a level of trustworthiness for any interested parties looking to buy a stake in it. Pretty simple.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:13:36 AM

Why do you keep bringing up Baritus name? Most people have moved on now. As stated numerous times by the foundation and new devs he is no longer involved with developing Digitalcoin. Why not take up your personal vendetta with him instead of the DGC community? That is if you can contact him at all. As you can see here he hasn't made any posts since last year

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=89750;sa=showPosts

While we might not have the exposure and userbase of some other coins, the DGC community has a very strong team and is committed for the long haul and has numerous projects in the pipeline which can read about in our forum.

https://forum.digitalcoin.co/

If you have any shred of integrity and intelligence you will give up the pointless trolling and provide some constructive useful input instead.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:13:45 AM

Why do you keep bringing up Baritus name? Most people have moved on now. As stated numerous times by the foundation and new devs he is no longer involved with developing Digitalcoin. Why not take up your personal vendetta with him instead of the DGC community?

if you kept up with history I have no issue with Baritus, you guys are the ones that backstabbed him and labelled your own coins creator, and hardest working dgc community member; a scammer, my issue is with current members of the DGC community, and their previous DDOS campaign.

and  i can say what i want without having to explain myself every ten seconds  Kiss
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:26:18 AM

Rightttt. so your the only idiot here defending baritus. Please share your insight on how much hard work he's done.

I do reallly see all the hard work he's put into keeping DGC secure with its fake 51% protection, latest codebase.
Or maybe the work in the non-existent exchange that was so secure it couldnt be hacked (more secure than his own wallet which has coins stolen)

Or maybe it was the non-existant marketing campaign he took money for which would finally market DGC as it should.

</sarcasm>

Ahmed
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:38:00 PM

Why do you keep bringing up Baritus name? Most people have moved on now. As stated numerous times by the foundation and new devs he is no longer involved with developing Digitalcoin. Why not take up your personal vendetta with him instead of the DGC community?

if you kept up with history I have no issue with Baritus, you guys are the ones that backstabbed him and labelled your own coins creator, and hardest working dgc community member; a scammer, my issue is with current members of the DGC community, and their previous DDOS campaign.

and  i can say what i want without having to explain myself every ten seconds  Kiss

What DDOS  ?
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 11:28:58 PM

I really would like more information on any DOS you have experienced as I too have had issues with my internet connections over the past month when using IRC.

I suspect someone is or has been running a DOS on my IP or DDOSing my ISPs local exchange / subnet.

I've come across this kind of behaviour in other crypto related IRC channels on freenode to the extent that these days I'm hardly using them at all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: