Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:00:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to  (Read 7748 times)
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 04:14:17 AM

The energy is stored in the form of (relatively) unstable chemical bonds (ie chemical potential energy). When these bonds spontaneously break the energy will be released as heat. When bacteria or some animal consume the tissue there are enzymes designed to speeds up the rate at which these bonds break and harness the energy of breaking one bond to form different ones useful to the consumer. Another option to get some useful work out of a carcass is stimulating nerves causing movement of arms and legs. However, without constant influx of oxygen and food you will soon run out of ATP so this is much less efficient than just eating the carcass and letting your enzymes do their thing.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 04:57:21 AM

Yes id imagine that the molecules in your body would be inable to continue their normal process and the vibrational patterns would dissipate and your body would then break up(and dissolve) into the universe

Xenland you know I love you like a brother, but "vibrational patterns?" WTF?

Has anyone mentioned "entropy" yet?

Yes! Robin Williams a la Mr. Roberts.

~Cackling Bear~
Kitemike

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 12:44:38 PM

The body does not "produce" energy.  That energy is already in the foods we eat.  It's the same energy that's been around since the beginning of the universe.  We simply release that energy when we break down molecules in our cells.  Now, if you could continue to eat after you die, then this discussion might have a future.  Zombies...anyone...

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 12:51:00 PM

Sorry, zombies only eat but do not digest. Their physiology is magical. See this wikipedia entry for more information.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
compro01

Activity: 590

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:01:36 PM

Dont know how many carats you would end up with per human  Cheesy

Approximately 80,000 carats if you could extract all the carbon in the various organic compounds.  Significantly more if you're not as picky about purity.
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:44:20 PM

You can actually pay to have your hair or cremation ashes turned into a diamond. Interesting way to memorialize someone http://www.lifegem.com/
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 10:54:45 PM

Yes id imagine that the molecules in your body would be inable to continue their normal process and the vibrational patterns would dissipate and your body would then break up(and dissolve) into the universe

I guess i went too quantum for you... Okay so basically when bacteria/organisms in your body can't get energy the molecules that make up the bacteria/oragnisms in your body them selves don't exchange energy and thus the vibrational patterns(energy exchange) to sustain creatures assistance will dissipate into the ground/air instead of pumping blood blood or filtering food or liquids.
Excuse me but the "vibrational patterns" thing is nonsense, and what has "quantum" to do with that?

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 05:44:34 AM

I guess i went too quantum for you... Okay so basically when bacteria/organisms in your body can't get energy the molecules that make up the bacteria/oragnisms in your body them selves don't exchange energy and thus the vibrational patterns(energy exchange) to sustain creatures assistance will dissipate into the ground/air instead of pumping blood blood or filtering food or liquids.
Excuse me but the "vibrational patterns" thing is nonsense, and what has "quantum" to do with that?
W/e mate neither of us are scientists i've got stuff to attend to then the accuracy of my words with a language that already has many ambigiousness to it to begin with.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 06:17:57 AM

W/e mate neither of us are scientists i've got stuff to attend to then the accuracy of my words with a language that already has many ambigiousness to it to begin with.

I thought Xenland was using poetic imagery to describe a spiritual relationship with the universe. I was just confused at first because it was in a sciencey thread. If you take it in the context I think he meant it, it's a rather nice idea. Not reality, but then what shaman was ever anchored in reality?

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 10:56:07 AM

What you said makes sense, the part that doesn't make sense is the "vibrational patterns" thing

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 07:26:04 PM

What you said makes sense, the part that doesn't make sense is the "vibrational patterns" thing

Oh, from my understanding every thing is a vibration, happyness comes and goe, sadness comesand goes, life comes and goes. The white blood cells vibrational pattern would be to grow and live, contain bacteria inside it self, then self destruct(killing everything inside). All those examples could be represented in a wave(like the stock market type of wave) but they all go back down to zero representing death or no more vibration. Although atoms vibrate and constantly move(according to science) so everything is a vibration even if we as a person dies.

Thinking back on it i think i said vibrational patterns becuase its easyer for me to explain then to say "the X organisms in your body cease to obtain energy through food or liquids by means of putting it into your body with your arms" but that sounds contridictory and most people die by organ failure not starvations so i went with vibrational patterns.
Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 10:35:14 AM

This thread has extended beyond sensible explanations...

More integers and units, please.

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 01:51:21 PM

Hehe senses and perception hehe
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 03:05:25 PM

I grok where you are coming from, but prefer vortex patterns as a description of universal self-similarity. Energy propagates radially but has properties that appear laterally as well as linearly. I think quantum interference patterns are waves that propagate in a vortex pattern with both radial and lateral directionality. I think this is supported by monochromatic interference fringes. The vortex itself is the wave crossing space-time dimensions and could probably be measured with laser cooling experiments.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2012, 11:08:28 PM

I grok where you are coming from, but prefer vortex patterns as a description of universal self-similarity. Energy propagates radially but has properties that appear laterally as well as linearly. I think quantum interference patterns are waves that propagate in a vortex pattern with both radial and lateral directionality. I think this is supported by monochromatic interference fringes. The vortex itself is the wave crossing space-time dimensions and could probably be measured with laser cooling experiments.

Can you describe these experiments for us? A simplified version of what you'd be looking for and what it would mean?

RustyRyan

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 03:14:59 AM

You can actually pay to have your hair or cremation ashes turned into a diamond. Interesting way to memorialize someone http://www.lifegem.com/

Now that's pretty interesting.

"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing."
  Bitcoin-otcPGP Key
  RustyRyan's Deposits - Low Risk Weekly Term Deposits at 3.0% Interest.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 05:15:44 AM

Can you describe these experiments for us? A simplified version of what you'd be looking for and what it would mean?
While the scatter-plot model looks good, so far there isn't anything that ties gravity to photons as particles. Gravitic lensing by large masses demonstrate that there is a connection between energy and gravity. Light seems unaffected by discrete gravitic forces until it meets something like an event horizon. It is supposed to be the warping of space-time, but it may be more than that if gravity itself causes energy to vortex. In order to account for the small gravity forces, we need to scale down energy as well. The goal would be to measure gravitic lensing on double-slit experiment with super-cooled photons. They should give a predictable rates of lensing based on nearby masses which means it would probably need to be done in deep space and near a very massive object. I would predict that monochromatic light would scatter in an arc because the cooling would decrease the energy of the photon and make it more affected by gravity. It would be better to run the experiment within an event horizon, but really I believe everything is interrelated and minimizing the variable of energy should reveal further traits of photons. I'm not sure we are anywhere near able to actually perform the experiment. I have no idea how to model the experiments mathematically. It just seems intuitive that vortexes help explain how particle-waves propagate even with relation to gravity. The self-similarity is the vortex nature of orbits which also spiral.

We need to spend more money on experimental science. This is why we don't have nice things! Incidentally, I have no real formal education in advanced physics, it's just a casual interest.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 05:28:22 AM

Gravitic lensing by large masses demonstrate that there is a connection between energy and gravity. Light seems unaffected by discrete gravitic forces until it meets something like an event horizon.

I might be misunderstanding you, but light is affected by the gravity from a large enough mass. An event horizon isn't required - so what is an event horizon-like object? I'm not taking the piss here, just trying to understand.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 06:10:11 AM

Gravitic lensing by large masses demonstrate that there is a connection between energy and gravity. Light seems unaffected by discrete gravitic forces until it meets something like an event horizon.

I might be misunderstanding you, but light is affected by the gravity from a large enough mass. An event horizon isn't required - so what is an event horizon-like object? I'm not taking the piss here, just trying to understand.
Actually, I don't think physics addresses the effect of gravity on light at all, only the space-time through which light passes. I think this leaves out a deeper relationship between energy and gravity outside of our perceived space-time. That is where I think vortexes appear in the truest sense and relate energy with gravity. This is where my idea about space-time comes in. I get into it more here. You're welcome to quote anything from that here. I think I am being pretty consistent, at least intuitively speaking.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 06:21:41 AM

Actually, I don't think physics addresses the effect of gravity on light at all, only the space-time through which light passes. I think this leaves out a deeper relationship between energy and gravity outside of our perceived space-time. That is where I think vortexes appear in the truest sense and relate energy with gravity. This is where my idea about space-time comes in. I get into it more here. You're welcome to quote anything from that here. I think I am being pretty consistent, at least intuitively speaking.

I think I'm going to have to find a "For dummies" version. I understand fluid dynamic quite well, but the context may be making it hard for me to follow. Thanks for trying though.

Btw, interesting blog.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: