Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:29:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BuyBitcoins.com - 50,000 bitcoins for sale at 15 BTC/USD  (Read 22110 times)
joey.rich (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2010, 10:51:37 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2010, 02:18:29 PM by joey.rich

BuyBitcoins.com is back online.  Right now you can buy bitcoins with a credit card, or through paypal.  Currently 50,000 bitcoins are for sale at a rate of 15 bitcoins per dollar (0.077 dollars per bitcoin). Payments must be between $4 and $1000 dollars.

-Joey Rich
https://www.buybitcoins.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2010, 11:00:28 AM

Hmmm, it's interesting and I'm interested but:
- Who are you again? When was this up before, so that it is up "again"?
- Anyone did business here that can share the experience?
- Why didn't you even bother to use secure http for credit card info form?
- Are there any fees on credit card / paypal, or are these accounted for in the exchange rate?

I want a good chunk of these, but I'm afraid to step forward without more information...
joey.rich (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2010, 02:16:31 PM

Nelisky, here's the original thread for BuyBitcoins.com:  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=228.0

I put this site online a month or two ago, but I immediately sold out my supply of bitcoins
and it has taken me some time to get ahold of enough bitcoins to start selling again.

I just now updated the site so that it uses secure HTTPS encrypted communications.
I achieved this by borrowing the SSL certificate from my primary business (isoffcampus.com).
This means that you will need to add a security exception when you visit the site.
But the HTTPS protocol is used even without a certificate signer, so there's nothing to worry about.

There are no fees for payment processing.  These are accounted for in the exchange rate.

The updated link is:
https://buybitcoins.com

-Joey Rich
Owner - JR Web Developments LLC
http://www.joeyrich.com
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 05, 2010, 07:32:08 PM

Placed an order...  let's see how it goes.  Not a lot of confidence so far, as it does not return a transaction number for credit card purchase.  It went so fast -- which might be good -- it made me wonder if my credit card was really charged.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 05, 2010, 07:52:51 PM

Hi joey,

Looks like you are back after a very long hiatus.  Just to let you know you really need to improve upon your customer service if you want your site to succeed.

Jim

Nelisky, here's the original thread for BuyBitcoins.com:  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=228.0

I put this site online a month or two ago, but I immediately sold out my supply of bitcoins
and it has taken me some time to get ahold of enough bitcoins to start selling again.

I just now updated the site so that it uses secure HTTPS encrypted communications.
I achieved this by borrowing the SSL certificate from my primary business (isoffcampus.com).
This means that you will need to add a security exception when you visit the site.
But the HTTPS protocol is used even without a certificate signer, so there's nothing to worry about.

There are no fees for payment processing.  These are accounted for in the exchange rate.

The updated link is:
https://buybitcoins.com

-Joey Rich
Owner - JR Web Developments LLC
http://www.joeyrich.com
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 06, 2010, 05:12:46 PM

Ordered bitcoins received just now, inside the promised 24 hour deadline.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2010, 01:49:59 AM

Placed an order...  let's see how it goes.  Not a lot of confidence so far, as it does not return a transaction number for credit card purchase.  It went so fast -- which might be good -- it made me wonder if my credit card was really charged.

Yeah, it doesn't take to long to store all your credit card info into a database so he can max it out the next day
...do you still think it is something --wich might be good--?  Tongue

Not that I want to accuse Joey, he's probably a good guy who won't abuse your credit card info, just thought your logic was too funny in a world full of credit card frauds.  Cheesy

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2010, 01:14:07 AM

Yeah, it doesn't take to long to store all your credit card info into a database so he can max it out the next day

Not that I want to accuse Joey, he's probably a good guy who won't abuse your credit card info, just thought your logic was too funny in a world full of credit card frauds.  Cheesy

And if he does max it out?  Call the company, you're not responsible for the charges and you will have a new card mailed to you.
joey.rich (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2010, 02:19:58 PM

I've bumped the exchange rate back up to 15 BC/USD.

-Joey
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:26:47 AM

1st of all I think using a VCC is the best way to avoid CC fraud.
2nd Sorry for digging up this grave here.
3rd I'd really wanna know if this works anymore cuz apparently I just placed an order.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 02:21:47 PM

3rd I'd really wanna know if this works anymore cuz apparently I just placed an order.

You really got the short end of the IQ stick, didn't you?   Roll Eyes

If you want to know how something works, start a new thread and ask - don't dig up one that is over two years old.  Especially with the price difference.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:52:58 PM

You really got the short end of the IQ stick, didn't you?   Roll Eyes

If you want to know how something works, start a new thread and ask - don't dig up one that is over two years old.  Especially with the price difference.

When I saw it I was like "whoa, this is an obvious scam" but then I realized it's from 2010, lol.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:01:45 AM

Ah, 3 years ago. I still remember what I did in those days, watching Clannad on my MSI GX640, playing TF2. Didn't know what bitcoins were.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:03:40 AM

Ah, 3 years ago. I still remember what I did in those days, watching Clannad on my MSI GX640, playing TF2. Didn't know what bitcoins were.

lol, I was doing some research on coin-related things last night when I ran across a post where someone had up a chart to show that BTC was going to be really successful. At the time it had gone from 1 cent to 13 cents over a period of multiple months, but the poster stated that it was going to be big in the future. I doubt they had any idea how big...

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:21:24 AM

lol, I was doing some research on coin-related things last night when I ran across a post where someone had up a chart to show that BTC was going to be really successful. At the time it had gone from 1 cent to 13 cents over a period of multiple months, but the poster stated that it was going to be big in the future. I doubt they had any idea how big...

Show it. I would love to see it. Also, I believe we are gonna be the next lazslo soon. Nothing trumps 10,000 BTC for a pizza.. but then.. people will face palm when we sell bitcoin for a measly $120 each.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:12:33 AM

Show it. I would love to see it. Also, I believe we are gonna be the next lazslo soon. Nothing trumps 10,000 BTC for a pizza.. but then.. people will face palm when we sell bitcoin for a measly $120 each.

Having issues finding where it was. Not sure exactly what I searched that came up with it (I didn't realize the post was that old until reading it though). But here's a chart that you can use to see the historical value:

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#tgSzm1g10zm2g25zl

Choose to change the date to "all data" or you can enter a specific period. But here's some more data (dates):

May 22, 2010   Laszlo first to buy pizza with Bitcoins agreeing upon paying 10,000 BTC for ~$25 worth of pizza courtesy of Jercos. ($0.0025/BTC)
July 12, 2010   Beginning of a 10x increase in exchange value over a 5 day period, from about $0.008/BTC to $0.08/BTC
October 07, 2010   Exchange rate started climbing up from $0.06/BTC after several flat months.
November 6, 2010   The Bitcoin economy passed US $1 million. The MtGox price touched USD $0.50/BTC.
February 9, 2011   Bitcoin reached parity with the US dollar, touching $1 per BTC at MtGox.

Found this really interesting as well... hash rates based on blocks. Shows how it increased very slowly until it really took off:

The source for the stuff I posted here is http://stuffexists.com/bitcoin/numbers/

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:28:03 PM

ah damn, if only i had discovered btc in 2009 or 2010...mining was profitable with everything, in that era...
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:35:44 PM

ah damn, if only i had discovered btc in 2009 or 2010...mining was profitable with everything, in that era...

You wouldn't have even had to mine. The prices were, for a long time (over a year) less than half a cent each. So $1 would have bought at least 200 BTC, minimum (I'm sure you could have obtained them even cheaper).

Devss

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:00:30 PM

Oh, your second name already says rich Smiley Unless you sold out 50K
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:24:30 PM

Wow what a funny thread, it is so impresive to see that a bitcoin was $0.007 what the hell..
now it is upto $5300 and everybody is breaking their asses in order to get a little fraction of bitcoin, this is impressive, if i have a time machine i would go to the future only to buy bitcoins at that price, omg, imagine how cool our lifes could be if we bought some bitcoins at that rate, or maybe at $100, it would be still profitable.
I am crying, lol.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████