Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy large quantity in cash  (Read 6580 times)
andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1261
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 03:07:44 PM

Dears

How to buy large quantity of bitcoin in cash? Countries:

USA
Europe
Brazil
Bolivia

Thank you
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 04:17:19 PM

"Large" is relative.
You can buy up to $4,000 a day, per person, in the USA, Brazil, Ukraine, and Russia through www.bitinstant.com

That means each person can technically buy $1,460,000 worth of Bitcoins per year with cash without needing to show any sort of ID.

If you have one person in the USA, Russia and Brazil each depositing cash each day,   you could buy $4,380,000 worth of Bitcoins with cash each year.

Is this "large" enough for you?

TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 04:44:59 PM

Tangible Cryptography can facilitate large bulk sales of Bitcoins acquired from our other ventures.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87094

We accept cash deposit at our Bank Of America deposit account among other payment methods.    We can sell up to $5,000 in BTC with same day (usually 3-4 hours) delivery for a first time buyer.  Larger transactions are negotiable on case by case basis for repeat buyers.  A purchase of over 1000 BTC will likely require multiple days to fulfill (or advance notice with a price lock).  To limit our BTC exposure we generally don't go long more than 1,000 BTC.

Still as MD pointed out "large" is kinda vague.  One person might consider $1,000 "large" and someone else might not even consider $100,000 "large".
andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 04:57:29 PM

Tangible Cryptography can facilitate large bulk sales of Bitcoins acquired from our other ventures.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87094

We accept cash deposit at our Bank Of America deposit account among other payment methods.    We can sell up to $5,000 in BTC with same day (usually 3-4 hours) delivery for a first time buyer.  Larger transactions are negotiable on case by case basis for repeat buyers.  A purchase of over 1000 BTC will likely require multiple days to fulfill (or advance notice with a price lock).  To limit our BTC exposure we generally don't go long more than 1,000 BTC.

Still as MD pointed out "large" is kinda vague.  One person might consider $1,000 "large" and someone else might not even consider $100,000 "large".

Thank you very much! I would like to buy for example $ 200,000 of Bitcoin in CASH!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:18:30 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2012, 05:30:55 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Thank you very much! I would like to buy for example $ 200,000 of Bitcoin in CASH!

Well $200,000 is definitely large. Smiley  This is obviously beyond Tangible Cryptography ability to handle in a single sale.  I don't want to speak for other vendors but I doubt many people could handle that.

Your best option is probably multiple sales from a variety of sellers.  It will take longer but the advantage of buying using a large number of smaller sales is you get some dollar cost averaging.  Bitcoin obviously has significant volatility but much less volatility over the course of a week or a month.  Making periodic even value purchases results in your buying more when price is low and less when it is high. You have less risk exposure than buying at a single point (i.e. buying at $11.30 yesterday and now having 5% less value).

If you are interested in us supplying a portion of your needs, further discussion would likely be better handled by PGP protected messages. There are details in the link above.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:21:57 PM

pirateat40
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:26:09 PM

pirateat40

Yeah he would be on the short list. Smiley
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:26:58 PM

FinCEN's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations would require a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) to be filed for any amount over 10,000 in one day for a single user.  Try HSBC.
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:35:22 PM

Why does anyone want 20000 bitcoins?  What can you do with them that is worth that much money?  If I had 20000 bitcoins I would sell them for dollars and pay some bills.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:37:09 PM

Why does anyone want 20000 bitcoins?  What can you do with them that is worth that much money?  If I had 20000 bitcoins I would sell them for dollars which and pay some bills.

Someone who can drop $200K on a speculative investment is not likely hurting for cash to "pay some bills". Smiley
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:37:41 PM

You should also check our service localbitcoins.com - location-based bitcoin-to-cash marketplace.

andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 05:38:59 PM

Why does anyone want 20000 bitcoins?  What can you do with them that is worth that much money?  If I had 20000 bitcoins I would sell them for dollars which and pay some bills.

It's to buy house and apartment in South America
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:39:14 PM

Why does anyone want 20000 bitcoins?  What can you do with them that is worth that much money?  If I had 20000 bitcoins I would sell them for dollars which and pay some bills.

Maybe he's going to buy 20000 bitcoins then sell them for dollars and pay some bills.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
sgravina

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:46:39 PM

Wow.  I wonder how much real estate has been transacted in bitcoins.  Is this to avoid taxes?  Here in the states when you transfer a deed you have to say how much money was exchanged and then pay taxes on it.  Writing the deed with 20000 bitcoins doesn't sound like it would work.
andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 05:46:52 PM

You should also check our service localbitcoins.com - location-based bitcoin-to-cash marketplace.

Very good! Congratulations!
andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 05:50:19 PM

Wow.  I wonder how much real estate has been transacted in bitcoins.  Is this to avoid taxes?  Here in the states when you transfer a deed you have to say how much money was exchanged and then pay taxes on it.  Writing the deed with 20000 bitcoins doesn't sound like it would work.

You're right! It´s to avoid taxes!
sgravina

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:54:01 PM

But put do you put on the deed?  Doesn't the government there monitor real estate transaction and ask for their taxes.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:55:59 PM

Why do people do this?  Some things are better left unsaid.  If you got coins from selling a mountain of weed it is better to not say it.   If you need to unload some coins cheap because you stole them it is better to not say it.  If you are sending coins to the Silk Road it is better to not say it. Most certainly if you are planning of evading taxes it is better to not say it.

Why?  Why do people do this?  What possible good could come from divulging the reason for your transaction?  Does nobody care about financial privacy?
andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 06:04:18 PM

Why do people do this?  Some things are better left unsaid.  If you got coins from selling a mountain of weed it is better to not say it.   If you need to unload some coins cheap because you stole them it is better to not say it.  If you are sending coins to the Silk Road it is better to not say it. Most certainly if you are planning of evading taxes it is better to not say it.

Why?  Why do people do this?  What possible good could come from divulging the reason for your transaction?  Does nobody care about financial privacy?

I'm not doing that, it was just a joke ...
genuise

Activity: 379

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 06:08:36 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2012, 06:43:18 PM by genuise

Why do people do this?  Some things are better left unsaid.  If you got coins from selling a mountain of weed it is better to not say it.   If you need to unload some coins cheap because you stole them it is better to not say it.  If you are sending coins to the Silk Road it is better to not say it. Most certainly if you are planning of evading taxes it is better to not say it.

Why?  Why do people do this?  What possible good could come from divulging the reason for your transaction?  Does nobody care about financial privacy?

I think there is no matter whether you say it or not. This is in everyones mind. Doesn't the whole idea of private money, independent from government, say this loudly? Independent from government for what? For this and that and that and ... to not give 50% of your hard earned fruits of your labour to any one by coercion. Any ever more!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: