Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:47:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: p2pool on 9 gh/s  (Read 1577 times)
ifartnewyork (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:51:43 PM

hi, i'm a hobby miner. my total hashpower is 9 Gh/s and i've just made the switch to P2Pool. will i ever receive a payout? the way i understand it i won't because the variance is too high for my nintendo mining system. but I would stay with P2Pool is there's even a small payout every once in a while.

this is what my p2pool page says: "Expected after mining for 24 hours: 0.000190 BTC per block." so can i actually expect a payment? i thought i read somewhere that anything under .001 will not be paid out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:34:19 PM

Im interested in p2p mining too. Can someone give some information or link?  Huh
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 10:52:32 PM

Hey guys, you have too little hashrate and you may never find a share on the p2pool chain. This means that your miners are essentially too weak to even register on p2pools internal miner register. If you want to mine on p2pool, you need to join a larger node that splits payout proportionally between members. Kind of like a pool within a pool!

I used the nastypool p2pool node a while back, and can vouch for them being legit. Just mine with the nastyPop flag.

Here's a link to the node webpage. https://nastyfans.org/nastypool/

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:19:31 AM

hi, i'm a hobby miner. my total hashpower is 9 Gh/s and i've just made the switch to P2Pool. will i ever receive a payout? the way i understand it i won't because the variance is too high for my nintendo mining system. but I would stay with P2Pool is there's even a small payout every once in a while.

this is what my p2pool page says: "Expected after mining for 24 hours: 0.000190 BTC per block." so can i actually expect a payment? i thought i read somewhere that anything under .001 will not be paid out.

Nintendo Mining System? What's that?

Hey guys, you have too little hashrate and you may never find a share on the p2pool chain. This means that your miners are essentially too weak to even register on p2pools internal miner register. If you want to mine on p2pool, you need to join a larger node that splits payout proportionally between members. Kind of like a pool within a pool!

I used the nastypool p2pool node a while back, and can vouch for them being legit. Just mine with the nastyPop flag.

Here's a link to the node webpage. https://nastyfans.org/nastypool/

What armedmilitia has said is right, mining with low hash power usually fails to payout, joining bigger pools with more payout types can help.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 03:20:23 PM

9GH/s.  That would expect to earn you 0.00009543BTC a day at current difficulty levels.  With p2pool, you must find a valid share and have it accepted onto the share chain to receive a payout.  It is very similar to solo mining a low-difficulty coin.  Currently, the share difficulty on p2pool is 6060527.57.  With your hash rate, you would expect to find a share in about 33 days.  You might get lucky and find a share sooner, or you may be unlucky and not find one for much longer.

Honestly, you're almost better off hitting faucets.  Maybe try your luck solo mining and hope to hit the lottery.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: