Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:44:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ( WTB ) older mining hardware, looking to start a little hobby farm.  (Read 1328 times)
ChicagoCoinConnection (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:02:50 AM

Looking to get into Mining, trying to keep it within a budget $80 (to start off with) so I don't piss off my girlfriend. Electricity isn't much of an issue in my current situation. As always escrow is prefered.  Been a long time lurker in these forums, sorry for the newbie account/never really felt like I could add anything constructive to the conversation so I stayed in lurk-mode.  Thanks a lot in-advance for any and all help.  Really excited to get in on this very impressive technology.
727miner

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:40:59 AM

Welcome to the highly addictive world of mining lol! Try to pick up an S3 to start out with. It's still pretty decent/quiet and should fit your budget if you look in the right place.

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:59:39 AM

Thanks for the welcome!  Grin And thanks for your recommendation, I've actually noticed that same thing about the S3, being priced well with-in my means. And I was actually wondering, if it was safe for a newbie to be buying miners off of ebay?  I've noticed better deals on here for S3's but with my lack of post history I'm not expecting too much.. in terms of folks dealing with me, trusting, etc. ... hence why I'd prefer escrow for any transactions.
727miner

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:39:23 AM

Thanks for the welcome!  Grin And thanks for your recommendation, I've actually noticed that same thing about the S3, being priced well with-in my means. And I was actually wondering, if it was safe for a newbie to be buying miners off of ebay?  I've noticed better deals on here for S3's but with my lack of post history I'm not expecting too much.. in terms of folks dealing with me, trusting, etc. ... hence why I'd prefer escrow for any transactions.

I'd try to stick with buying something from a trusted member on here vs. ebay, since most of the kit on there is marked up. You might try sidehack on here to see if any of his customer's are selling gear and also keep watching this section. The one advantage of ebay is the buyer protection in case you get a damaged or faulty miner (I've had it happen before).
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:20:38 PM

Got several miners to sell , feel free to PM me  Cheesy
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:58:10 PM

Looking to get into Mining, trying to keep it within a budget $80 (to start off with) so I don't piss off my girlfriend. Electricity isn't much of an issue in my current situation. As always escrow is prefered.  Been a long time lurker in these forums, sorry for the newbie account/never really felt like I could add anything constructive to the conversation so I stayed in lurk-mode.  Thanks a lot in-advance for any and all help.  Really excited to get in on this very impressive technology.

Have a few S1 miners collecting dust. Depending on location where you are can ship out. Pm me with an offer or what equipment your looking for ill see if I can come up with some of my stock to sell. Have  2x s1 ant mienrs 1x avalon unit. 30x Asic usb miners including powered hubs.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
dethdeks

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:57:20 AM

i have a couple jalapeno's and a 10gh blade as well as a 336mhz usb and a yellow jacket 2.1Ghz usb miner for sale. all working. i know its all old but make me an offer. i also had psu cables made for the jalapeno's the blade has never been used i bought it and then never got around to wiring it up.

Donations Accepted
LTC: Lcv7XmxnHJ7BhRjXjzCUBJ4Cfrq43SA5qc
BTC: 16mHGGVgntqtTmrddud8BFgN3XAsBobvVe
pokeyjones

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:49:29 AM

i have a couple jalapeno's and a 10gh blade as well as a 336mhz usb and a yellow jacket 2.1Ghz usb miner for sale. all working. i know its all old but make me an offer. i also had psu cables made for the jalapeno's the blade has never been used i bought it and then never got around to wiring it up.

Hey OP!

My gut reaction was echoed earlier when someone suggested an S3 to get going. If you bump your budget just a bit that is certainly doable. Fair warning... if you are looking to get into mining and learn and have a quirky little farm that needs setup and maybe some supervision? Something like dethdeks offer above would give you several different rigs/pieces of gear to work with.

Why is that important? I'm an idiot, yet I managed to acquire, setup, get online and run an S1 farm last year. When I got my first S5 I bet myself from starting to unbox to having it up and running would be under 5 minutes without looking at any directions. I did it easily. Again, I am a moron with computers.

Be warned... either route you are not going to be raking in the coins. Still... it is fun as all get out. Good luck!

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:06:40 PM

Thanks for the warning  Grin Pm's sent out and sorry for being negligent with this thread, Lemme start of by saying that I am located in the midwest part of the Usa 60655.  Domestic sellers prefered, sorry europeans but crossing that pound with merchandise can get expensive!

Basically I am looking for something on the cheaper side of things such as s3's,  s1's (if the price is right  Wink ) some of the other < $120 usd valued miners out there maybe a s5 for a reasonable price (one can only hope  Roll Eyes ) any ways shot me a pm with offers and would love to hear your story's of triumph and tribulation in the HobbylevelMining game.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:16:27 PM

Thanks for the warning  Grin Pm's sent out and sorry for being negligent with this thread, Lemme start of by saying that I am located in the midwest part of the Usa 60655.  Domestic sellers prefered, sorry europeans but crossing that pound with merchandise can get expensive!

Basically I am looking for something on the cheaper side of things such as s3's,  s1's (if the price is right  Wink ) some of the other < $120 usd valued miners out there maybe a s5 for a reasonable price (one can only hope  Roll Eyes ) any ways shot me a pm with offers and would love to hear your story's of triumph and tribulation in the HobbylevelMining game.

I would sell but the problem is in shipping costs would cost more to send than the units are worth if you where local and within the UK I would send out and not worrie about shipping cost anything over seas from UK to where you are would cost an arm n leg and cost more than units are now worth.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S