Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the best wallet in the world?  (Read 1786 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mashcom (OP)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:57:28 AM

Thanks for all the replies, I will check blockchain.info and also coinbase.com
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:59:44 AM

If you are "newbie" about the wallets I suggest you to start with blockchain.info , because it is the easiest wallet in the world. When you will start to understand the bitcoin technology you can move to bitcoin core (the official).
Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:04:46 PM

It's subjective. But since i use web wallets more often, i would recommend blockchain wallet. Good for small to medium amounts.
bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:16:33 PM

I actually do not trust any online wallet at all.
Basically electrum is fast and nice but is not a good wallet if you get work with tons of small amounts (btc-dust)
Multibit works kinda the same is also very fast but again gets to be a hog when it receives/sends many small amounts
The only program which has no problems with any amount is bitcoin-qt/bitcoind but that is a pain to get updated for people with a slow pc and not so much diskspace on the hard drive.
I use kinda all 3 for different purposes the fast ones are used to handle fast payements and my good old bitcoin-qt has the task to store and hold coins i do not send out too quick or have stored away.( cold wallet ).
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 06:12:41 PM

Thanks for all the replies, I will check blockchain.info and also coinbase.com

For online wallet i recommend choose blockchain(for store small amount), i still doubt about coinbase its like semi-decentralization IMHO Undecided
also if you want to store medium amount use desktop wallet like electrum v2(support for 2FA) or multibit.
and if you have a budget and want to store big amount, use hardware wallet.

~iki
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: