Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:01:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeers to mtgox  (Read 3713 times)
AzN1337c0d3r (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 09:36:13 PM

Starting Jul 29, I've been trying to convert  my BTC to Dwolla. I've already been verified with Dwolla for about 2 months now.

Mtgox requires identity and apparently "residence" verification in the US.

I've provided my TX Driver's License and cellphone bill in my mother's name, as she is the one who pays the bills. The address on both match.

Mtgox denied the application saying the names don't match and asked me to get a notarized and signed document saying I live at the address.

I do not have access to a notary and I cannot wait 3 weeks+ for registered mail to my house so I can get that code.

I uploaded my mom's TX driver's license (which match both my driver's license and the cell phone bill's address).

Mtgox has been unresponsive to emails with this situation and when I try to withdraw the coins back into my own wallet, the coins are frozen because my account is under "review".

How else can I prove in a timely fashion that I live in that address and that I'm not a money-launderer?Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 09:54:17 PM

Simple solution is don't fucking bother with that shit, and trade the USD mtgox codes with someone else for Dwolla. Only problem is that you might run into liquidity issues there, unless you want to pay a fee.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
AzN1337c0d3r (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 09:57:36 PM

Simple solution is don't fucking bother with that shit, and trade the USD mtgox codes with someone else for Dwolla. Only problem is that you might run into liquidity issues there, unless you want to pay a fee.

The coins are frozen, I cannot withdraw them using any method at all. I want mtgox to either release them, or verify my account, and they won't do either.

URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 10:12:48 PM

They have been goxxxed before and they will be goxxxed again.   Tongue
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 01:08:58 AM

move out of your mom's basement and get your own mail in your own name.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 03:39:51 AM

Mtgox has been unresponsive to emails with this situation and when I try to withdraw the coins back into my own wallet, the coins are frozen because my account is under "review".

Wow ... that's interesting.  So was your account just fine until you requested to be verified?

If that is the case, then the recommendation for anyone thinking about verifying should first then withdraw funds from Mt. Gox so that there is a zero balance in both their BTC and USD (or whatever)  accounts and only then go through the verification process.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 03:42:53 AM

Thats just trolling

TehZomB

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 03:48:41 AM

You don't have access to a notary?
If you use dwolla, you use a bank, and most if not all banks have a notary on staff.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 03:53:28 AM

If you use dwolla, you use a bank, and most if not all banks have a notary on staff.

Most of them charge $20 for a stamp, too.
What he gave them should have been sufficient.

Thanks for posting this thread. MtGox does not feel like they need to hire more people to deal with their customer service volume. Answer = MOVE TO OTHER EXCHANGES. Enough is enough.

AzN1337c0d3r (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 06:00:52 AM

I dont live in the basement thanks. I am doing graduate school work here (with a fellowship) and I pay rent.

Wow ... that's interesting.  So was your account just fine until you requested to be verified?

If that is the case, then the recommendation for anyone thinking about verifying should first then withdraw funds from Mt. Gox so that there is a zero balance in both their BTC and USD (or whatever)  accounts and only then go through the verification process.

Correct. As soon as I started the verification process I could no longer withdraw anything from my account. I would think they would at least have a button to cancel verification and let me get my bitcoins back, but apparently not -_-

Your advice is exactly what I would do if I had to go through verification procedures with another exchange.

Costs money to get things notarized.

Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 06:46:05 AM

When you submitted id for two different people you raised a redflag in the AML system and they are required to freeze everything until this has been cleared up.
Unfortunately that means requiring documents level "better" than what you initially submitted.

From their point of view this is a question of if this money is yours or your mums  Wink And they're required by law to know exactly whose funds they are  Sad

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
AzN1337c0d3r (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 07:33:41 AM

From their point of view this is a question of if this money is yours or your mums  Wink

I fail to see why there is a need for residence information in my name as long as the address matches what is on my driver's license.

There are plenty of people in situations where their residence is not in their name.. spouses, siblings, roommates, people whose permanent address is different from their residence... etc.

For example, when I was doing my undergraduate degree, I paid my roommate via my bank account and he wrote out all the checks for the rent.

Mt.Gox_Alex

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 07:54:52 AM

Starting Jul 29, I've been trying to convert  my BTC to Dwolla. I've already been verified with Dwolla for about 2 months now.

Mtgox requires identity and apparently "residence" verification in the US.

I've provided my TX Driver's License and cellphone bill in my mother's name, as she is the one who pays the bills. The address on both match.

Mtgox denied the application saying the names don't match and asked me to get a notarized and signed document saying I live at the address.

I do not have access to a notary and I cannot wait 3 weeks+ for registered mail to my house so I can get that code.

I uploaded my mom's TX driver's license (which match both my driver's license and the cell phone bill's address).

How else can I prove in a timely fashion that I live in that address and that I'm not a money-launderer?Huh

Rules are rules and if we want to continue to offer Dwolla as a service we have to follow their TOS (related to Merchants).

I am not sure what my colleagues told you but have you considered the following : Ask you mother you write you a letter that state that you are living with her and send us a valid Copy or her ID like you did for your account? I am sure this can be done quickly and will solve your problem in a matter or hours.

Regards

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions :   Now Available!
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 07:59:22 AM

Thats just trolling

depends on how old he is...
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 08:02:08 AM

From their point of view this is a question of if this money is yours or your mums  Wink

I fail to see why there is a need for residence information in my name as long as the address matches what is on my driver's license.

There are plenty of people in situations where their residence is not in their name.. spouses, siblings, roommates, people whose permanent address is different from their residence... etc.

For example, when I was doing my undergraduate degree, I paid my roommate via my bank account and he wrote out all the checks for the rent.

I totally agree and for most domestic transactions it should be ok. However once you start to play internationally it's a whole different ballgame with rules being rules for the sake of rules. And to some extent that is reasonable enough given the current state of terrorism etc atm.

I'd bet you could have fixed it by sending in everything (your drivers license and your mum's) from the word go along with a scan of a letter signed by both you and your mum explaining that you're living with her/ share an address.

It sucks getting caught up in it. I'm British but live in China currently in my eighth year here and trust me that makes for a jungle of shitty paperwork I have 10+ kg of shitty aml and other nonsense paperwork sitting in a safe here curtsey mainly the "war on terror". For paperwork here I have to go to a notary then the foreign ministry for "legalization" and then to the embassy etc to submit documents and from what I hear US citizens here have it even worse.

EDIT Looks like Mt Gox beat me to it  Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
TehZomB

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 01:57:57 PM

Costs money to get things notarized.

Have you asked? My bank offers to notarize documents free for account holders. If yours doesn't, ask around, open up a free checking at a bank that does, and voila (assuming MTG Alex's suggestion doesn't work).
AzN1337c0d3r (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 09:52:28 PM

Rules are rules and if we want to continue to offer Dwolla as a service we have to follow their TOS (related to Merchants).

I am not sure what my colleagues told you but have you considered the following : Ask you mother you write you a letter that state that you are living with her and send us a valid Copy or her ID like you did for your account? I am sure this can be done quickly and will solve your problem in a matter or hours.

Regards

They want a notarized copy, which I cannot get without paying money.

Have you asked? My bank offers to notarize documents free for account holders. If yours doesn't, ask around, open up a free checking at a bank that does, and voila (assuming MTG Alex's suggestion doesn't work).

Yes, I asked. I use Bank Of America with an eBanking account, and they do not offer teller/notary services for those types of accounts.

I'd rathar not open a bank account and keep a minimum balance and pay monthly fees just so that I can use notary services once every 5 years.

TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 11:01:04 PM

Coins are up ~25% since july 29. If coins are frozen, you have extra $$$ to get proper documents.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
AzN1337c0d3r (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 01:34:17 AM

Coins are up ~25% since july 29. If coins are frozen, you have extra $$$ to get proper documents.

They were converted to $$$$$ before they were frozen -_-

Mt.Gox_Alex

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 01:55:12 AM

Hi

We received your Mother's ID but there is now way we can prove there is any connection with you, also, you did not forward us any letter from us... Please follow the direction that my colleagues sent you in order to remove any doubts.

Regards

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions :   Now Available!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: