Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:28:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cancelled] OZLOTTO  (Read 2319 times)
pyramining

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 01:49:08 AM

Systems are better than single tickets as you get all the combinations of the numbers.

False. The probabilty of the victory is DIRECTLY proportional to the number of tickets bought.

Let's suppose that winning chanche is 1 / 100000 each ticket.

If you buy 100 different tickets, your chance is 1 / 1000, no matter which rules you apply and how you arrange them.

Any system, over several enough cycles, yelds exactly same results as playing with random tickets.

Prove me I am wrong! :-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pyramining

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 01:50:42 AM

One day a block might be worth $2 million so yes it would be like winning the lottery.

Ok, I think I have no way to explain it to you. Hope there's someone more clever than me who can do this task, before you and/or investors will lose money! :-)
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 01:51:15 AM

Systems are better than single tickets as you get all the combinations of the numbers.

False. The probabilty of the victory is DIRECTLY proportional to the number of tickets bought.

If you buy 100 different tickets, your chance is 1 / 1000, no matter which rules you apply and how you arrange them.

Any system, over several enough cycles, yelds exactly same results as playing with random tickets.

You get better odds with scratch tickets. I only play lotto for fun  Smiley

Calling it an "investment" is wrong.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 01:54:26 AM

One day a block might be worth $2 million so yes it would be like winning the lottery.

Ok, I think I have no way to explain it to you. Hope there's someone more clever than me who can do this task, before you and/or investors will lose money! :-)

This isnt investment it is gambling which are two different things. I dont consider spending my spare change on scratch tickets as an investment either  Cheesy

pyramining

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 01:56:47 AM

Scratch tickets don't pay more than what you put in. It's exactly the same.

Would you buy bonds from a mining company that (I am putting some round number here to make it easier) mines out on average 1 block/day (~500 USD), and has a power cost of ~ 1000 USD / day?

Your idea is exactly the same, and it's worthless. However if you find it funny and you are willing to be an investor, I will start such a mining company on GLBSE for you. At the same time I will make a second company on GLBSE that sells power to the first one, with a huge markup, so investors may have higher dividends than Pirate! :-)
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 02:01:46 AM

Scratch tickets don't pay more than what you put in. It's exactly the same.

Would you buy bonds from a mining company that (I am putting some round number here to make it easier) mines out on average 1 block/day (~500 USD), and has a power cost of ~ 1000 USD / day?

Your idea is exactly the same, and it's worthless. However if you find it funny and you are willing to be an investor, I will start such a mining company on GLBSE for you. At the same time I will make a second company on GLBSE that sells power to the first one, with a huge markup, so investors may have higher dividends than Pirate! :-)

Investment /= Gambling

pyramining

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 02:07:18 AM

Investment /= Gambling

Call it as you like, my newly invented mining company is "gambling" then, and resembles exactly a scratch-ticket lottery (or almost any other kind of lotteries). I still don't see where is the fun.

Probably the fun exists when they are smart enough to give you the illusion that chances to win/prizes are higher than cost and/or risk. Still it's only an illusion.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 02:11:32 AM

My posts in this thread are an illusion.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 02:41:01 AM

This asset is -EV for everybody except the issuer who can do huge insider trading.  I'd advise everyone to stay away.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 02:52:33 AM

You are wrong. I think you're confusing lottery tickets with lotto.

Each entry does not have the same chance of winning. With Ozlotto, a "system" entry has a greater chance of winning. This is because it's not a lottery. You choose a certain number of numbers and and are paid out based on the the amount of numbers you have correct. A systems entry gives you more numbers per game and thus a better chance of winning.

If you want to calculate odd exactly you'll need to go to the ozlotto website (which I can't do at work), and read this wikipedia entry.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 03:22:10 AM

You are wrong. I think you're confusing lottery tickets with lotto.

Each entry does not have the same chance of winning. With Ozlotto, a "system" entry has a greater chance of winning. This is because it's not a lottery. You choose a certain number of numbers and and are paid out based on the the amount of numbers you have correct. A systems entry gives you more numbers per game and thus a better chance of winning.

If you want to calculate odd exactly you'll need to go to the ozlotto website (which I can't do at work), and read this wikipedia entry.

This is correct. A normal game you have 6 numbers out of 45. If you have 7,8 or 9 numbers in a systems entry that increases your chances as it includes all combinations of those numbers. You can win more than 1 time on a ticket.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 03:26:48 AM

This asset is -EV for everybody except the issuer who can do huge insider trading.  I'd advise everyone to stay away.

Insider trading ? I dont get what you mean.

Any winnings are divided equally amongst  the number of shares they dont go to one of the shares....

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: