Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:38:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Casascius coins with PGP chains of custody  (Read 1179 times)
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:50:50 PM

I *know* they're out there. Post details and asking price below.

N.B. The forthcoming complete lack of offers should be kept in mind when bidding on my coin which has PGP docs.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
bestcoin_59

Activity: 283
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 03:51:51 PM

Hi

N.B. The forthcoming complete lack of offers should be kept in mind when bidding on my coin which has PGP docs.

Do you mean that most coins without PGP docs are counterfeit/fake or compromised?
Not sure if a custody chain can be of any help to refrain such troubles, but maybe i'm wrong...

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:06:35 PM

Hi

Do you mean that most coins without PGP docs are counterfeit/fake or compromised?
Not sure if a custody chain can be of any help to refrain such troubles, but maybe i'm wrong...

no - it just helps to unequivocably prove that you are the rightful owner of the coins, ideally via direct purchase from Mike Caldwell.

on that note - I have some 2013 1BTC silver w/ Gold coins that have been kept in storage with PGP documents and ALL original packaging. Asking 3.0BTC/ea right now though - which may be more than you're looking to pay

*luckily - its clear that having only 700 of these coins ever made means there is a serious rarity factor to them, considering I started with a roll of 20 (ive sold a good portion of them though)*

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:16:43 PM

Hi

no - it just helps to unequivocably prove that you are the rightful owner of the coins, ideally via direct purchase from Mike Caldwell.

on that note - I have some 2013 1BTC silver w/ Gold coins that have been kept in storage with PGP documents and ALL original packaging. Asking 3.0BTC/ea right now though - which may be more than you're looking to pay

*luckily - its clear that having only 700 of these coins ever made means there is a serious rarity factor to them, considering I started with a roll of 20 (ive sold a good portion of them though)*

So you had Mike extend the chain to you, or you just have the scans from him?
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1379
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:56:19 PM

I've said this before, and will say it again. I don't believe that PGP docs are really a significant thing to consider. There's nothing wrong with them of course, put I dont believe that coins with them should be worth more. I dont believe there is anything suspicious about coins without PGP docs, and I dont really see the value in proving that the seller is the 'legitimate owner' of them, as transactions with escrow are pretty safe.

For the record, there is and has never been such a thing as a fake or compromised Casascius*.

*outside of a hackathon and a picture of stickers from an unkown source. the stickers were very badly done, and the 'hack' is in my view nothing to worry about.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 08:29:31 PM

Nubbins is more worried about 10 years down the road if BTC is worth thousands. Obviously right now they would not be worth counterfitting, but who knows later on.
camolist

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 08:42:07 PM

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=qqzdCRi5

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131828.0

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:40:14 PM

I've said this before, and will say it again.

Yet I want what I want, just the same  Cool

stuff

stuff

Sending both of you PMs shortly.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:42:35 PM

Hi

So you had Mike extend the chain to you, or you just have the scans from him?

I have a PGP-signed message similar to camolist's for the 20 coins i was sold. I would be happy to provide further PGP-signed message to demonstrate my sale of the coin(s).

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:48:15 PM

I mean that it's difficult to find coins with PGP docs, and I want to know who has owned the coin before it came to me.

Nubbins is more worried about 10 years down the road

I'm also worried about 100 years down the road  Smiley

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:10:02 PM

Sent you a PM four days ago... was this post just a tease?  Huh

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: