Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:32:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need ideas for a bitcoin related business  (Read 1584 times)
imthefuckingbossinehre (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:21:06 PM

A Business is a solution to peoples problem

Now let me know what you guys need i try to cover your needs as best as i can.

Please only Bitcoin related stuff and dont waste space here with posting i need free bitcoins for the rest of my life and bs like that

Im a programmer and this way i hope i can get some input for a new business venture

Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:08:34 PM

You could start a bitcoin betting site for computer games, like betting for starcraft2, dota 2, League of Legends, Counter Strike Global Offensive, etc.
guruton

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 12:49:50 AM

You could start a bitcoin betting site for computer games, like betting for starcraft2, dota 2, League of Legends, Counter Strike Global Offensive, etc.

yes,  you can just start a mining company, site for games or betting like all the people here do, but you need you think litle more deeper what people needs as a normal consumer.
If I was you I would do something like ebay or alibaba clone and contact some manufacturers with quite cheap products, because no one wants to spend over 0.1btc to a single product here!!

or you could do a site and we can work together with a little different site all with bitcoin.
jgyles1197

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:33:38 AM

This should be built, but I'm a DBA not a programmer or webmaster guy.

I bought a domain name called www.BTCBlitz.com with the intent of creating an awesome Bitcoin Based company, then realized I don't know the first thing about creating a website.

Maybe someone can help or better yet, make something similar. Something like this needs to be created and put out there because I think it could help with the mass adoption of bitcoin, one business, one enclave, one town, one city at a time which is the original intent behind the website. I'm not even sure how it would make a profit?? That part would require someone much smarter than I, to figure out.

Here's the idea:
Make the website www.BTCBlitz.com where Bitcoin enthusiasts could 'blitz' a business in their community that doesn't accept bitcoins, with bitcoins.
The concept was simple. Users would create a user account, log in and enter a new ‘Blitz’ which includes a description of the service or product you’re seeking from that local company whom doesn’t accept Bitcoin. Then you'd fund the account w/ bitcoin and then go to that business and let them know that if they go to BTCBlitz.com there is order waiting to be filled. All they need to do is get a wallet, then transfer the Bitcoin and which point they could keep it or cash out for USD. (Coinbase would be an ideal processor for that part.)

Here's a real world example: There is a German Restaurant in my home town of San Juan Capistrano called Cafe Mozart but they don't accept Bitcoin. My company was thinking about having them cater a party we were having. So I would find out the amount by vising their website on-line menu or calling in person to get a quote for the cost of catering a lunch for 25 people. Then I'd log into my BTCBlitz.com account, create a 'new Blitz' entitled "Cafe Mozart", (which basically generates a bitcoin address & QRC) then enter the order "The Bratwurst and Pork Schnitzel Package with Red Cabbage and Spätzli for 25 people for $250." I would then fund the amount in Bitcoin totaling $250 in USD (transferred from my personal btc wallet to the unique BTCBlitz address I just created for them) and let it sit there.

I could then go to the establishment and ask for the manager or owner or head-chef or whoever and say to them "Hey look, I placed an order for The Bratwurst/Schnitzel for 25 people but you'll need a bitcoin wallet if you want the order. If you go to BTCBlitz and click on your name, there's an order of $225 in Bitcoin, you can take keep those bitcoins in your wallet or immediately convert it to cash..

This would open up all kinds of avenues of conversation like low transaction fees, almost no set up cost, what the hell is bitcoin anyway, etc. If they weren’t interested or flat out said no, I still have the private key and could just transfer it back to my own wallet, or maybe even build in an expiration date/ time, where if they don’t take the Bitcoins they automatically transferred back to the originating wallet within 72 hours or whatever time frame is set.
I'm a SQL DBA and not a programmer, Nonetheless, I see what the website looks like in my mind and how it functions and all that but if we could get something like this out there, it would be more of an incentive for your local businesses to accept Bitcoin, if they actually saw the BTC and it's cash value just sitting there waiting for them.
elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:08:31 AM

I bought a domain name called www.BTCBlitz.com with the intent of creating an awesome Bitcoin Based company, then realized I don't know the first thing about creating a website.

Maybe someone can help or better yet, make something similar. Something like this needs to be created and put out there because I think it could help with the mass adoption of bitcoin, one business, one enclave, one town, one city at a time which is the original intent behind the website. I'm not even sure how it would make a profit?? That part would require someone much smarter than I, to figure out.

Here's the idea:
Make the website www.BTCBlitz.com where Bitcoin enthusiasts could 'blitz' a business in their community that doesn't accept bitcoins, with bitcoins.
The concept was simple. Users would create a user account, log in and enter a new ‘Blitz’ which includes a description of the service or product you’re seeking from that local company whom doesn’t accept Bitcoin. Then you'd fund the account w/ bitcoin and then go to that business and let them know that if they go to BTCBlitz.com there is order waiting to be filled. All they need to do is get a wallet, then transfer the Bitcoin and which point they could keep it or cash out for USD. (Coinbase would be an ideal processor for that part.)

Here's a real world example: There is a German Restaurant in my home town of San Juan Capistrano called Cafe Mozart but they don't accept Bitcoin. My company was thinking about having them cater a party we were having. So I would find out the amount by vising their website on-line menu or calling in person to get a quote for the cost of catering a lunch for 25 people. Then I'd log into my BTCBlitz.com account, create a 'new Blitz' entitled "Cafe Mozart", (which basically generates a bitcoin address & QRC) then enter the order "The Bratwurst and Pork Schnitzel Package with Red Cabbage and Spätzli for 25 people for $250." I would then fund the amount in Bitcoin totaling $250 in USD (transferred from my personal btc wallet to the unique BTCBlitz address I just created for them) and let it sit there.

I could then go to the establishment and ask for the manager or owner or head-chef or whoever and say to them "Hey look, I placed an order for The Bratwurst/Schnitzel for 25 people but you'll need a bitcoin wallet if you want the order. If you go to BTCBlitz and click on your name, there's an order of $225 in Bitcoin, you can take keep those bitcoins in your wallet or immediately convert it to cash..

This would open up all kinds of avenues of conversation like low transaction fees, almost no set up cost, what the hell is bitcoin anyway, etc. If they weren’t interested or flat out said no, I still have the private key and could just transfer it back to my own wallet, or maybe even build in an expiration date/ time, where if they don’t take the Bitcoins they automatically transferred back to the originating wallet within 72 hours or whatever time frame is set.
I'm a SQL DBA and not a programmer, Nonetheless, I see what the website looks like in my mind and how it functions and all that but if we could get something like this out there, it would be more of an incentive for your local businesses to accept Bitcoin, if they actually saw the BTC and it's cash value just sitting there waiting for them.

very nice idea and especially for big amount business/orders. that could be very convincing Smiley
Glucose

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:43:34 AM

Here's the idea:

I really love your idea. I have no money to invest but if I was a bitcoin-rich I would do it for sure Cheesy Hope you will somehow be able to developp this !
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:37:58 PM

I like how you 're giving ideas to iamthefuckingbossinehre

sure thing boss, here's an idea.....

Now, what do I get for telling you my idea?
ElGoogs

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:17:03 PM

the idea is expensive, although you have btc to buy an idea.
just think yourself, i suggest for gambling site.

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:00:41 PM

I like how you 're giving ideas to iamthefuckingbossinehre

sure thing boss, here's an idea.....

Now, what do I get for telling you my idea?

wow making a few dots is your idea, now hurry up and give me your btc address i have to reward you for that genius idea

@elgoogs
before i start developing a gambling related site i rather start selling drugs, at least with drugs you get something for your money

fuck gambling im not into this shit at all, if i want o ruin peoples lifes i can become a politician aswell

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 08:08:30 PM

A Business is a solution to peoples problem

Now let me know what you guys need i try to cover your needs as best as i can.

Please only Bitcoin related stuff and dont waste space here with posting i need free bitcoins for the rest of my life and bs like that

Im a programmer and this way i hope i can get some input for a new business venture

Make something bitcoin game.
make a faucet.
find job about programming or build partnership with another programmer bitcoin business.
make altcoin Cheesy

~iki
Glucose

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:04:25 PM

if i want o ruin peoples lifes i can become a politician aswell

ahaha Cheesy Can't agree more. You made me laugh so loud.
Nowi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:57:13 PM

Some really serious fonzi could be best way to get rich and help us. Cause at this rivers aren't much people who's fonzis aren't scam.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:53:56 PM

You can try to develop (or join the development) a lightweight bitcoin alias system. I think it would be much better to send BTC to a twitter like handle like @HoneyBunny then to 1wtf1sTh1sFuck1nL0ngSTuffH3r3. The current semi-existing solution (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84653.0) is pretty much useless as you need to download the whole bloody namecoin blockchain as well (what is almost as big as the BTC blockchain).

Making an SMS based payment gateway could be an other good idea especially for developing countries. Asian African and South American immigrant workers using BTC in surprisingly large numbers for sending money back to home as it's much cheaper then a bank or WU transfer. This could be nice and dandy, but unfortunately many times the recipients are struggling to collect it, because of the shitty internet infrastructure. However apart from some really remote places, good ole GSM is available almost everywhere. Something like SEND <senderusername> to <recipientusername> <amountofBTC> in a text would make things really easy and this service could be available on doggy old phones as well.

If you want some more funny stuff you can make a good RPG with BTC as in game currency. (This one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406675.0 seems to be dead)

IMO yet another exchange/dice/ponzi/mining/scrambler/sell-something-useless sites not going to make much difference.
Nowi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 04:38:04 PM

What about a trading online centrum where people can sell theirs goods for bitcoin and you will get some little % from the bitcoins ?

Little OF, what about use BTC to invest it into developing countries ? It is fast and save, that are tme most important things when you want to help economy at this countries.

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 06:54:32 PM

What about a trading online centrum where people can sell theirs goods for bitcoin and you will get some little % from the bitcoins ?

Little OF, what about use BTC to invest it into developing countries ? It is fast and save, that are tme most important things when you want to help economy at this countries.

yes this sounds really good but honestly i have no experience on how to do this
i dont even have the money to fund something like that

Nina_Solomons

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 03:52:59 PM

Here's the idea:

This is not a bad idea! Do you need people other than developers to realize this? And have you thought about how to market the concept of Bitcoin as a currency to local businesses? Here we have justeat.nl which has a similar system absent the bitcoin. It has proven to be very popular so the potential to market it world wide is endless!
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:40:45 PM

Here's the idea:

This is not a bad idea! Do you need people other than developers to realize this? And have you thought about how to market the concept of Bitcoin as a currency to local businesses? Here we have justeat.nl which has a similar system absent the bitcoin. It has proven to be very popular so the potential to market it world wide is endless!

DaFuq?

Apart from that:
Did you consider the price volatility?
I bet you didn't, but the store owner will know about it  Wink
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:28:58 AM

start an exchange (BTC buy/sell) for worldwide. Not for some specific country only.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: