Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:58:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new subforum: ASSETS and asset PLATFORMS?  (Read 1353 times)
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 05:29:53 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 01:26:03 AM by altsheets

Where to find assets on bitcointalk?
Where to list my asset?

There is
Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Altcoins)
BUT assets are not allowed there, only coins.

As you can see in my 2 preliminary analyses (CAC and CMC) there are not only hundreds of assets by now, no ... some dozens of them are actually being traded in considerable volumes.

Isn't it time for a new subforum?
> > > Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Assets & Platforms)
to announce & discuss new assets, and all the base platforms to trade assets-on-the-blockchain ...

?

Or does it exist already, and I am too blind to find it? Where to look? And where to look outside bitcointalk?

Why do I ask? I am planning to create an asset "AltSheets Altfolio Asset" to sell some of all future profits with my software ... and I am doing my research right now. And then I noticed that my thread had been moved - which is totally fine for me, I am truly sorry that I had put it into the wrong place. However, of all the wrong places, actually, I thought I had already chosen the best one: "Announcements".

Is the niche "assets-on-the-blockchain" really missing here in this forum? What do you think?  Thx!!

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCDDev

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:19:19 PM

Good idea

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 06:58:56 PM

Good idea

Yes, it is.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:08:48 AM

Yes, as you mentioned there is no such subforum existing in this forum yet! But many asset issuers are going here : Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Marketplace (Altcoins). You can check there, there are many assets announcements.
I totally agree with you, we needs such subforum.

But your proposal should be going here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0 which is for discussing about the Bitcoin Forum.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 10:00:48 PM

As previously mentioned, assets go to the Marketplace (Altcoins). I'm not exactly sure about a separated board for assets as there isn't exactly that many as other threads. If you feel that there is a new board that should be added, contact theymos as he's the one who can do it.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 12:23:04 AM

It is Bitcoin talk not altcoin talk... I think new forum should drop the alt section all together.
bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:26:28 AM

It is Bitcoin talk not altcoin talk... I think new forum should drop the alt section all together.

Altcoins got the idea from bitcoins, and there's so many of them, so I think we should keep that section.

Though we could exclude that section from general viewing, maybe creating a sub domain such as altcoin.bitcointalk.org?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:11:42 AM

Altcoins got the idea from bitcoins, and there's so many of them, so I think we should keep that section.

Though we could exclude that section from general viewing, maybe creating a sub domain such as altcoin.bitcointalk.org?

i think altcoins are important for bitcoin.
from a technical standpoint of creating new code derived from bitcoin to economics as in providing financial plattforms, which bitcoin doesnt.

also i am convinced that bitcoin doesn't need to hide from competition, a reserve currency has no competition  Grin

so a no no from me

@OP

I also agree to adding an asset subforum, because marketplace is just to general and i doubt assets would get the attention it deserve.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
rikkie

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 02:15:31 AM

Yup +1 on this. I would personally like to see the altcoin section gone alltogether.

Although I sadly doubt that this will happen considering how many posts (and as a result page views) the various altcoin sections/threads generate. There are actually a few altcoin threads that are in the top threads based on number of replies
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 02:19:10 AM

from a technical standpoint of creating new code derived from bitcoin to economics as in providing financial plattforms, which bitcoin doesnt.

also i am convinced that bitcoin doesn't need to hide from competition, a reserve currency has no competition  Grin

so a no no from me

@OP

I also agree to adding an asset subforum, because marketplace is just to general and i doubt assets would get the attention it deserve.

Bitcoin wouldn't hide from it at all. They simply do not belong here is my point. Would you go to a Ford forum and expect a Toyota section? The alt section is mainly garbage coins being pumped and dumped. The alt section brings no benefit to Bitcoins. If they make a new coin then register crapcointalk etc..
rikkie

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 02:24:45 AM

so a no no from me

@OP

Bitcoin wouldn't hide from it at all. They simply do not belong here is my point. Would you go to a Ford forum and expect a Toyota section? The alt section is mainly garbage coins being pumped and dumped. The alt section brings no benefit to Bitcoins. If they make a new coin then register crapcointalk etc..
One thing that I find interesting is that I have lurked in both the litecoin talk and the NXT forums and in a number of places I have seen both references to bitcointalk and offers to use escrow by bitcointalk members for various trades. I think this shows just how much influence this forum has, and why the devs of the shitcoins choose to use bitcointalk instead of some other forum to push their coins
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 02:49:15 AM

I agree they are here because without Bitcointalk they can't pump their crappy coins. I ignore the section, but my opinion is it does more harm than it helps this forum.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 03:40:34 AM

No need for a new sub-board. Current is enough as it is somewhat used as altcoin. I couldn't match assets with definition of assets.

I agree they are here because without Bitcointalk they can't pump their crappy coins. I ignore the section, but my opinion is it does more harm than it helps this forum.

Then HYIPs should be gone. I agree with you but I don't think it can be removed. Many people are just participating in altcoin section.

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 07:25:57 PM

Could you please not hijack this thread for your "drop altcoins from bitcointalk" rants, there are many many existing threads to discuss that - important:-) - topic: www.google.de/search?q=remove+altcoins+from+bitcointalk+site:bitcointalk.org Thanks a lot!

I try again:

Money alone ... is boring. Much more can live on the blockchain.
"Coloured coins" are an exciting extension of cryptocurrencies.

But right now in bitcointalk they do not have a home?

My asset announcement got moved out of the ANN-section of altcoins,
into a quite unspecific place where all kinds of questions are discussed.

I think it could be useful to have assets (= "coloured coins") in one subforum,
quite like all ("colourless") coins have their subforum.

Today I remembered this thread here, when I found this subforum
which does exactly what I suggest - but for one platform only:
https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:30:21 PM

It most likely wont happen. I had to petition for years to get the sections added to the Alt Coin section that there are now. I think your best option is to make use of what is given. As others have said, this is Bitcointalk, the altcoin section is sort of like a starting point for people before they develop their own forums. Its not meant to have too many detailed Alt coin related conversation/services here.
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 07:31:37 PM

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: