Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 10:17:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need someone to hold my hand  (Read 959 times)
Tori_Stanwood (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:53:24 PM

Hello all. I am getting heavy into bitcoin and Dark Wallet. I am looking for some people whom would be willing to answer some questions and do some test transfers so I can get further. I need to be ready to start doing some real world things done very soon and I need someone to hold my hand and walk through the Dark Wallet some. Post back if you think you have the time.

Thanks
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 05:55:20 PM

Hello all. I am getting heavy into bitcoin and Dark Wallet. I am looking for some people whom would be willing to answer some questions and do some test transfers so I can get further. I need to be ready to start doing some real world things done very soon and I need someone to hold my hand and walk through the Dark Wallet some. Post back if you think you have the time.

Thanks

Darkwallet is still in unstable Alpha, I would not do "real world things" with it.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:00:15 PM

Yap, I would not use it for anything but testing.

It's still in an early stage of its development.
Tori_Stanwood (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:08:30 PM

And I understand that. But I need to get some tests done. I do have some stuff coming up however and I also know people whom have used it quite regularly to make transfers of real money but neither have time for me. That's why I am here so I can get comfortable with it now so I am ready when the time comes.

However I do THANK YOU  for your concerns. That's what I am looking for. People willing to voice concerns and teach me a bit. I am a willing student and always have been.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 06:15:36 PM

And I understand that. But I need to get some tests done. I do have some stuff coming up however and I also know people whom have used it quite regularly to make transfers of real money but neither have time for me. That's why I am here so I can get comfortable with it now so I am ready when the time comes.

However I do THANK YOU  for your concerns. That's what I am looking for. People willing to voice concerns and teach me a bit. I am a willing student and always have been.

I assume you already set it up?
Create a new identity for testnet[1] and get some testnet coins via one of the many faucets[2][3][4]

Last time I used it was alpha 3ish, but questions probably still get answered via the lobby. You can also do test transactions with someone there. If you have something specific you want to ask I can try to answer.

[1] https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/index.php/DarkWallet/Alpha#Testnet_support
[2] http://tpfaucet.appspot.com/
[3] http://faucet.xeno-genesis.com/
[4] http://kuttler.eu/bitcoin/btc/faucet/

Tori_Stanwood (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:57:25 PM

I do have it set up. I really wish they would go to Firefox. I have been playing with the chat in it but not sure how it is supposed to work. I was thinking I would get in the lobby and find a few peers hanging in but have not seen anything happening. Could you explain if I am doing anything wrong. I just clicked on the Lobby and still looks like nothing in there.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3286

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:29:44 PM

Thanks

I'll help. Send some bitcoins to 1FvPrF6u95JNZ4Sq8WgALrRzmG7dunKBxx using Dark Wallet, and I'll send them back (minus the 0.0001 fee).

Perhaps before you use Dark Wallet, you could try using a much simpler and more stable wallet in order to get familiar with Bitcoin first.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Tori_Stanwood (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:50:36 PM

I plan on setting up another wallet as well. But I need to get Dark Wallet in my head as well. Let me ask. What other wallet is preferred. I know Dark Wallet is more for anonymity when it gets up and going. If I were to need some anonymity before Dark Wallet gets going where should I look or at what wallet chain should I consider.
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 09:00:21 PM

You should look in to Monero (XMR), check out the ANN thread in my signature.

You can send BTC anonymously using https://xmr.to/

Also it's currently in a bull market so you might even make some profit too.
Tori_Stanwood (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:28:16 PM

I would like to know more but I wonder if I should start a new thread.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 09:44:30 PM

I would like to know more but I wonder if I should start a new thread.

This thread[1] is probably the best you can read currently on that topic that is not old. It might be a bit much to start with though.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=978088.0

Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 11:11:07 PM

maybe i can help .and my pleasure to help.
pm me regarding this . cheers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: