Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:37:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin becoming Netscape who will be Firefox, Chrome?  (Read 1165 times)
Kienbui (OP)

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:12:23 PM

Do you think altcoin will takeover bitcoin?

If bitcoin becoming Netscape, then who will becoming Firefox or Chrome?

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113691/bitreserve-clarifies-comparison-to-netscape-bitcoin-could-be-integral-but-invisible
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 07:25:06 PM

IF it happens i'd say Monero (XMR)

See my sig for the ANN thread.

It's currently #7 on coinmarketcap if you exclude non-mineable and premined coins and #5 in trading volume.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:35:15 PM

It's currently #7 on coinmarketcap if you exclude non-mineable and premined coins and #5 in trading volume.

Shit excuse
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:42:34 PM

First we would have to wait for bitcoin to really take over the world. They we can compare different coin. And I think that software parallel is not accurate in bitcoin case.
TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:50:16 PM

Maybe Ethereum is IE and NXT is Opera  Grin . Firefox and Chrome are not out yet.
trotter55

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:08:46 PM

Maybe Ethereum is IE and NXT is Opera  Grin . Firefox and Chrome are not out yet.

What's Konqueror then? Is that coin's equivalent not out yet?
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:14:43 PM

I'm going for NXT as Firefox, naturally.
I witnessed the great browser wars of the early 21st century, and Firefox started off just like NXT: too techy, only used by nerds, ....etc.
But after a shitload of constant development, and a decade of adoption, look at the little Fox now.

See for some history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:31:38 PM

I witnessed the great browser wars of the early 21st century, and Firefox started off just like NXT: too techy, only used by nerds, ....etc.
But after a shitload of constant development, and a decade of adoption, look at the little Fox now.

See for some history:

Wrong

Don't insult FireFox by comparing your NxT with it.  Firefox is faster and users are less likely to get malware and viruses and add-on installations are flawless.

NxT is more like an Internet Explorer, with all those crappy add-ons installed without your consent so it runs like shit and you contemplate suicide when it freezes / refuses to work, but compiled by a guy in Russia who installed malware and trojan backdoors on it to steal your credit card and login details.

Shocked  Shocked

Jeff Garzik (Bitcoin Developer on NXT): "Several security incidents that smell like inside job"

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:43:25 PM

Bitcoin is aready Firefox.

Chrome is like P&D shitcoins.
nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:52:44 PM

money is different than browsers
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:34:32 PM

Firefox was created by what was left of the Netscape company:
"On February 23, 1998, Netscape Communications Corporation created a project called Mozilla (after the original code name of the Netscape Navigator browser ..."
...so Bitcoin will be renamed and stay near the top???

darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:00:46 AM

The only technology bitcoin devs have spoken well about is cryptonote.

Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:47:52 AM

See for some history:

Wrong

Don't insult FireFox by comparing your NxT with it.  Firefox is faster and users are less likely to get malware and viruses and add-on installations are flawless.

NxT is more like an Internet Explorer, with all those crappy add-ons installed without your consent so it runs like shit and you contemplate suicide when it freezes / refuses to work, but compiled by a guy in Russia who installed malware and trojan backdoors on it to steal your credit card and login details.

Shocked  Shocked

Jeff Garzik (Bitcoin Developer on NXT): "Several security incidents that smell like inside job"

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:57:45 AM

See for some history:

Wrong

Shocked  Shocked

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:21:33 AM

See for some history:

Wrong

Shocked  Shocked

Do you really think people are so stupid that they won't scroll up, see that Hollowman doesn't have a negative trust score and come to the same conclusion as everyone else that you are a habitual liar?

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
H.W.Z

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:22:32 AM

I think Bitcoin will become today's Chrome! Many venture capitals are investing thousands of millions of dollars in bitcoin related startups. Bitcoin is evolving better for the daily use and some more killer apps are coming out. Bitcoin will still be the leading cryptocurrency in the future.

Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:37:25 AM

Shit excuse
You must mean shit exclusion  Grin
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:41:00 AM

Shit excuse
You must mean shit exclusion  Grin
and Dogecoin / Litecoin will be IE. they exist but are not considered Cheesy
Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:36:43 PM

Mintcoin

Minting is the future.  MINT

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: