Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:53:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm offering 1BTC to the person(s) who can implement bitcoin-tipping into SMF  (Read 1230 times)
Paleus (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 122

www.diginomics.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 11:19:26 PM

Read our on-going development outline: Diginomics.

One of our main early-development focuses on the Diginomics Forum, is to enable bitcoin tipping through post functionality. Bitcoin tipping inside a forum, such as this forum, would add an entirely new element to the conversation and collaboration to be had.

Please read our development outline as we are looking to offer a bounty for the developer(s) who can make a modification for all SMF.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 11:36:31 PM

One of our main early-development focuses on the Diginomics Forum, is to enable bitcoin tipping through post functionality. Bitcoin tipping inside a forum, such as this forum, would add an entirely new element to the conversation and collaboration to be had.

Please read our development outline as we are looking to offer a bounty for the developer(s) who can make a modification for all SMF.

Is the idea to use an existing API? Do you already know which one?
Or should it use a local install of bitcoind, handle virtual wallets for every user and so on?

If the later is true I think BTC1 would not be enough. There's a lot of work involved.

Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 12:57:32 AM

I've done this in phpBB last year, but it was board-side; that is to say, I wouldn't be able to send tips on any phpBB board being watched by some bot.
BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:55:57 AM

I don't think this would be very difficult to do, and would probably not even take up 1 BTC worth of someone's time to implement this.

The reason why the forum has not implemented any kind of tipping feature is because of the regulatory and legal issues that it would likely create. One concern is that it is not uncommon for bitcointalks to get hacked for a number of reasons (primarily because of something to do with the owners being careless with their accounts).

Getting this done is also kinda a moot point as the new forum is going to come out in only a few months and it will not use SMF
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:16:57 AM

Get changetip.com to scrape your site then your users can just @changetip <whoever> and done, or write your own bot that does that , or write a twitter plugin/feed since changetip.com works on it
Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:48:49 PM

Can u please give more details i will see if i can do it with php .
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 01:19:15 PM

I don't think this would be very difficult to do, and would probably not even take up 1 BTC worth of someone's time to implement this.

The reason why the forum has not implemented any kind of tipping feature is because of the regulatory and legal issues that it would likely create. One concern is that it is not uncommon for bitcointalks to get hacked for a number of reasons (primarily because of something to do with the owners being careless with their accounts).

Getting this done is also kinda a moot point as the new forum is going to come out in only a few months and it will not use SMF

If changetip or other similar service offers an API then BTC1 would be more than enough and they would handle security and regulations if any, no need to worry for the forum itself.

However if creating everything from scratch is required then definitely BTC1 wouldn't be enough. In this case would there really be legal issues? As far as I know bitcoin is not considered a currency by US and other countries,  the problem is selling USD for BTC. If a site transfers BTC only does it need a licence?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: