Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:36:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have a favorite city or country to spend time and Bitcoins?  (Read 2468 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:55:59 AM

Do you get a chance to travel, at least a little?
What off-line location(s) is(are) your favorite for visiting and spending Bitcoins?

innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:45:22 AM

Yes, I'm living in China, you know, HongKong is a shopping paradise with free taxes. I'll go there for shopping or hanging out when I'm free.

HongKong is a city of freedom where you can find lots of restaurants, snacks bars or coffee shops that are happy with accepting Bitcoin.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:54:53 AM

Argentina, because BTC sells for almost 2x what I buy them here for, and I avoid the blackmarket currency traders who hand out counterfeit money, and I avoid the government bullshit exchange rate which is not the real exchange rate.

Hong Kong, when the mainland state authority isn't violently putting down demonstrations is pretty good for bitcoin too there's traders everywhere, prob some stores directly accept them though I haven't bothered I always convert to local currency. Also like last poster said no tax

steven.G999

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:35:00 AM

I'm from Indonesian, yes in my country there is only one city, which could spend my bitcoin the city of Bali. the city is very beautiful, cool and lots of exciting beach Smiley

you can type "Bali Indonesia" on google and see Smiley
BitcoinGod_

Activity: 2
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:50:47 PM

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
GrandmaJean

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:59:30 PM

the last time i spent bitcoins not on pc, when i bought something on the street was 2 months ago in amsterdam. its really cool i would use it more often too bad in my country not a lot people knows bitcoins. the only 1 thing i used bitcoin in my city was when i paid for taxi :DD
onlyyou

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:12:35 PM

I had several times but only in my own country but i really want go to japan and spending all of my Bitcoin in that country...

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:50:58 PM

I'd like to use the Bitcoin in my city. The problem is that there are nearly no ppl who accepts Bitcoin. I don't like to travel, so I hope one day Bitcoin will be popular then I can shop here and don't bother to go the tired, long journey to spend bitcoin.

Kilkenny

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:57:20 PM

Hong Kong is the best place
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 03:01:33 PM

I mostly hang in Amsterdam as that is the closest big city with a Bitcoin life to me.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:17:01 PM

Do you get a chance to travel, at least a little?
What off-line location(s) is(are) your favorite for visiting and spending Bitcoins?
I can't travel since I got no money. I love to travel but unfortunately I have to save all my bitcoins.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:24:28 PM

It will be great to have opportunity to spend BTC in any country in the world Smiley
I will be happy to spend BTC in Asia, S. Korea, India, Japan, such countries...
Hope to see this happens soon.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:41:31 PM

Silicon Valley here, I don't think we have more "we accept bitcoins" signs in stores than anywhere else but we do get a front seat to all the venture capital (VC) and techy growth in the area.

bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:53:00 PM

I mostly hang in Amsterdam as that is the closest big city with a Bitcoin life to me.

What can you buy with Bitcoins in Amsterdam? How many coffee shops accept Bitcoins for grass, and where else can you spend them?
mitus-2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:02:55 PM

Argentina, because BTC sells for almost 2x what I buy them here for, and I avoid the blackmarket currency traders who hand out counterfeit money, and I avoid the government bullshit exchange rate which is not the real exchange rate.

Hong Kong, when the mainland state authority isn't violently putting down demonstrations is pretty good for bitcoin too there's traders everywhere, prob some stores directly accept them though I haven't bothered I always convert to local currency. Also like last poster said no tax

2x times?? it seems too much
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:09:52 PM

I will go most probable In China, and (why not) also Spain because I love them and I heard there are a lot of merchant accept bitcoin as method of payment. You can have a statistic of how merchants that are accepting (phisical store & online) here : http://coinmap.org/
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:15:25 PM

Yes, I'm living in China, you know, HongKong is a shopping paradise with free taxes. I'll go there for shopping or hanging out when I'm free.

HongKong is a city of freedom where you can find lots of restaurants, snacks bars or coffee shops that are happy with accepting Bitcoin.
Sounds fun and I'd imagine spending bitcoin for shopping there. However, now I do not have enough even for tickets is not enough. Maybe next year
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:15:36 PM

if I was an early investor I would be traveling the world 24/7. Unfortunately like a lot of people here trying to build up a decent portfolio, using BTC for frivolities it's not something we can afford.
El Emperador

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:55:12 PM

Costa Rica

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:10:42 PM

if I was an early investor I would be traveling the world 24/7. Unfortunately like a lot of people here trying to build up a decent portfolio, using BTC for frivolities it's not something we can afford.

If I went abroad and knew I would have to pay for something while I was there I would rather use Bitcoins than cash. It always costs something to use a bureau de change or to withdraw foreign currency from an ATM abroad. I would pay with Bitcoin abroad and buy more Bitcoins to top up my stash.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: