Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:48:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Individual Thread Rules: Enforceable?  (Read 1267 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 07:45:55 PM

I remember reading some place on the forum here about either proposed rules or rules in effect stating that if an OP posts guidelines for posting and the users do not follow it that it would be considered a violation such as spam/off topic. Is this the case or not staff? I have a recurring problem of "helpful" people whom I never asked for dicking up my market place threads so they can play self proclaimed ambassador to the Bitcoin community for a few minutes. I do not want to lock my threads because my actual customers might have something to say. If I start reporting these will any of the staff give a crap?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 08:00:23 PM

Sigh.

Background: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94821.msg1072585#msg1072585

tl;dr: not much to see.  No warranty that you'll cherish the time spent reading it, that time is gone forever.  If he was really concerned about his thread being "dicked" up, he'd have deleted his post as suggested, and I'd have deleted my "help" as promised.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 08:52:13 PM

I thought you were ignoring me. Here you are again shitting on another thread. That took all of 20 minutes.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12968

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:09:09 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=31782.0

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 12:59:06 AM

So in short - on paper yes - in reality no
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 05:54:27 PM

In short, you never specified local rules for that thread.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 06:20:20 PM

I do like the idea of rulesets. Mods/admin might honor a ban-list. I tried banning MPOE-PR from a thread so I could test that, but then he never posted.  Embarrassed
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 08:10:58 PM

I do like the idea of rulesets. Mods/admin might honor a ban-list. I tried banning MPOE-PR from a thread so I could test that, but then he never posted.  Embarrassed
So.... it worked?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 01:31:57 PM

We sometimes notice stuff before you do, so keep that in mind. In fact, that's most of what we do Sad

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 01:44:01 PM

I thought casascius was being helpful. Is there some other history here?

In any case, if you find someone posting in a thread of yours and giving you unwanted advice, thank them for their help and move on. Your customers will see a pleasant and polite vendor that they'll be happy to deal with, and the objectionable post will soon be lost in history.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 02:01:39 PM

In any case, if you find someone posting in a thread of yours and giving you unwanted advice, thank them for their help and move on. Your customers will see a pleasant and polite vendor that they'll be happy to deal with, and the objectionable post will soon be lost in history.

This +1. Unless there is something factually incorrect, just let it be buried.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 06:45:25 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2012, 07:12:22 PM by TECSHARE

Sorry but that is a bunch of crap. If you know anything about sales you know people make buying decisions in an instant. It is not hard to he how his "helpfulness" started a chain reaction of "helpers" helping my customers ignore what I wrote about my trade to instead spend that instant reading about mailing options and false accusations. Especially in the Bitcoin environment of paranoia of scammers, it really doesn't take much for people to shut their brains off at the sight of a few neighsayers and just move on. All so he could play expert for a few seconds and give us lowly ignorant users a lesson in how to trade correctly. Additionally if you ask anyone who IS ACTUALLY one of my customers I am sure they will tell you how polite I am and how fast the service was. I don't have time to cater to every self proclaimed Bitcoin ambassador or passive aggressive "help" troll that shows up in my threads. I am not here to stroke off the community, I am here to serve the people I trade with. That is it. None of these people are interested in trading with me, just entertaining themselves.

I don't see why it is such a gargantuan imposition to expect to be able to have a small space to trade in without interference from really bored/sick/OCD people with more time and money than they know what to do with. I BARELY make any margins from my game sales and Bitcoin sales. I basically provide a free service to the community, then people like this show up to "help" and attempt to make it look like I am daddy warbux rigging the gold market so I can rob the good regular working folk, when really I don't do enough volume to spend that much god damned time to deal with all these other mailing options. So basically no, he was not helpful. At all.

Also yes casascius  has done this to me before, and his self absorption aside this isn't just about him. Other people make a habit of trolling market place threads. I made a request in the OP as well as several times in the thread very clearly for him to refrain from posting. That should have been the end of it for some one not interested in anything but helping. Instead he was there again and again, then following me to this thread and even one more after that. At this point it has degraded to childish stalking.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 07:31:41 PM

I am posting to acknowledge being aware of this thread but believe that little is to be gained by engaging the topic further.  Most of you who know me probably already know what I "would" say if something needs to be said, without me having to say it.  Tecshare, as I have previously agreed, I don't plan on posting in any thread you start ever again.  I recommend you drop the issue, and lock your threads if you don't want anyone else posting in them.  If you think I am "in the wrong", I will just concede to you.  Sorry for all I have done wrong.  Please move on.  I am just some random dude in Utah - I am not worth your time.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: