Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:17:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Definition of mBTC an uBTC  (Read 122423 times)
wry

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:02:11 PM

Just use satoshi, so much easier. mBTC = 100K satoshi uBTC = 100 satoshi

Bitvest.io - Plinko Dice & More Gambling Site - Play/Invest - Amazing chat rewards!  Click now, thank me later!
Bitvest is a no?  Give Stake! a go! Good Luck!
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 12:51:36 AM

just use satoshi or 0.00000000 format

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
zxcv731

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:34:45 AM

Here is your equation
 1 mBTC= 0.001BTC
 1 uBTC = 0.000001BTC
Bobblehead Pete

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:53:18 AM

Here is your equation
 1 mBTC= 0.001BTC
 1 uBTC = 0.000001BTC

How about in Satoshis?
Tammy Chan

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:19:44 AM

Here is your equation
 1 mBTC= 0.001BTC
 1 uBTC = 0.000001BTC

How about in Satoshis?

1 μBTC = 100 satoshi
1 mBTC = 100,000 satoshi
1 BTC = 100,000,000 satoshi

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:02:25 PM

We need a more marketeable way to assign value to BTC. These terms are EXTREMELY NERDY and will never pick up within the common folk. How can you seduce people talking about mBTC and uBTC? dollar sounds much cooler. We need to do Something about this.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:25:00 PM

We need a more marketeable way to assign value to BTC. These terms are EXTREMELY NERDY and will never pick up within the common folk. How can you seduce people talking about mBTC and uBTC? dollar sounds much cooler. We need to do Something about this.

Using an international recognied unit of measure is nerdy? So even children in school are nerds cause they says to their friends the mom give them to eat a sandwich with ham of 1 hectogram (0,1kg)? Just go back to school to learn basics of life (International System of Units - SI).

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Buziss

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:23:55 PM

Businesses are starting to use just two units:

1. The Bitcoin.
2. The Bit, which is the same as a micro-bitcoin (uBTC).

When a price is expressed in Bits, it's easy to represent satoshis. For example, 0.15 bits is 15 Satoshis.

http://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-announces-pricing-bits-bitcoin-buyback-option/

Frankly speaking, I still don't quite understand the benefit of creating the new "bit" unit.
Why don't the businesses just use "bitcoin" and "satoshi", which exist already and are both very well-known even to the general public?

bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:37:55 PM

There is no need to create confusion by messing with new units.
philipjfry

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:50:03 PM

I do have a proposal to make for 0.0001 BTC (10^-4 BTC = 10^4 Satoshi)

note that this unit is at exact middle in the scale from satoshi to bitcoin. The first idea that I got is to use the very common unit in ancient Greek myriad that means ten thousand. So it is the exact right meaning regardless if we mean it in relative to satoshi or bitcoin. Of course the problem is that as far as i know there is no standard symbol I thought which letter can be used. Clearly not m. So I thought about r. This gave me the idea:

0.0001 Bitcoin = 10000 satoshi = 1 rabit.

Smiley
Assad

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:12:55 PM

note that this unit is at exact middle in the scale from satoshi to bitcoin. The first idea that I got is to use the very common unit in ancient Greek myriad that means ten thousand. So it is the exact right meaning regardless if we mean it in relative to satoshi or bitcoin. Of course the problem is that as far as i know there is no standard symbol I thought which letter can be used. Clearly not m. So I thought about r. This gave me the idea:

Smiley

you can call it one tx fee.
philipjfry

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:18:48 PM

tx fee was also one of my motivations to name the rabit. On the other hand tx fee may change through time but rabit will remain constant as 0.0001 btc
alamanjani

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:09:36 AM

There is new change coming and the lowest denomination wont be usable for transactions anymore.

Do you have any more info about this.
Do you mind telling us a little bit more about it :-)

samuel999

Activity: 256

CSGOBetGuide.com - Esports Gambling List

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:02:55 PM

Yes milliBTC and microBTC

1uBTC=0.000001 BTC (one millionth of a bitcoin)

But why stop there?  There's also a satoshi!

1 satoshi == 0.000 000 01 BTC

Wink

that would be 10 nBTC (nano-bitcoins)

m (milli) - divide by 1000 or 10E-3 (move decimal point 3 places)
u (micro) - divide by 1000000 or 10E-6 (move decimal point 6 places)
n (nano) - divide by 1000000000 or 10E-9 (move decimal point 9 places)
So uBTC is 100 Satoshi.  Well when price was $800 + i had know what they were, now it seems with the lower price and some of the momentum taken away i didn't remember till I saw this, the numbers.
fildza

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 04:52:11 AM

Smiley

tx fee not always 0.0001btc. That depend on the weight of your btc send

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
BitcoinFreak12

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 07:59:36 AM

just use satoshi or 0.00000000 format

Yes I agree Satoshi and Bitcoin is the only format you need.

1 Satoshi = 0.00000001 BTC
1 BTC = 100,000,000 Satoshi

uBTC, mBTC and other stuff is really complicated and crappy I mean seriously...
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:15:42 AM

Smiley

tx fee not always 0.0001btc. That depend on the weight of your btc send

Not only that the transaction fee depends on your transaction size, the standard per KB transaction has been changed multiple times in the past.
In the coming 0.10 bitcoin core, it will use a new system to estimate the fee required to get your transaction confirmed in N blocks.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:49:51 AM

Hi,

I once saw a website that has prices listed in mBTC. I am having trouble calculating what it converts to.

Lets say  a product costs 60,000 mBTC does this equal 60 BTC?

so id assume that 1,000 mBTC is 1 BTC,

and 1 mBTC is 0.001 BTC?

I ask cause im not the greatest at math and get confused with the decimal.

Thanks
it is simple math "m" represents mili which is 10^-3 or e-3
ant "u" represents micro which is 10^-6 or e-6
you can find this at http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Units too

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
fildza

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 09:57:15 AM

I think already many people explained and OP not come back. So, how about report to mod for lock this thread

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Grand_Voyageur

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 10:07:17 AM

I think already many people explained and OP not come back. So, how about report to mod for lock this thread

+1. OP was last active on August 14, 2012 at 03:57:52 PM. So, probably he/she opted to re-enroll in Primary School to learn back Math (SI abbreviation in particular); so, while we wait OP to finish educate his/herself, It would be fair to have a Moderator lock this thread for good.

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: