Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:10:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Keiser - "Libertarians are Intellectually Lazy & Idiots"  (Read 10369 times)
niemivh (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 07:19:14 PM

http://rt.com/programs/keiser-report/episode-322-max-keiser/

Ah, glad Max Keiser is finally seeing the light about the Libertarians.

Cool

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 07:21:27 PM

Who the hell is he, and why should we care?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 08:17:04 PM

Cool

Do I know him? Why should we care about a guy on moscow's payroll? Rt is funded by Russian government.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 08:32:45 PM

Statalists are much smarter instead (provided that they are on the state's payroll).
I for me, am too old to believe in Santa-state.

BTW: That bozo is even always rambling about the anthropogenic global warming hoax that he still believes in, like he were a climatologist.
Puh-leaaaze.

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 09:07:51 PM

niemivh are you a fan of Webster Tarpley?

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 09:10:04 PM

And I guess since this episode is about killing bankers, as usual, the argument is that Libertarians aren't bloodthirsty enough...

FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 09:12:14 PM

BTW: That bozo is even always rambling about the anthropogenic global warming hoax that he still believes in, like he were a climatologist.

I didn't click the link in the original post, but feel free to debate me anytime on climate change. Forum posts or PMs. Your call.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 09:18:38 PM

And I guess since this episode is about killing bankers, as usual, the argument is that Libertarians aren't bloodthirsty enough...

I watched up to the quote, and a little beyond, he's talking about how libertarians demonize FDR. Rant looks rehearsed, IMO.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
niemivh (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 09:25:06 PM

Statalists are much smarter instead (provided that they are on the state's payroll).
I for me, am too old to believe in Santa-state.

Puh-leaaaze.

Always this obsession about personalities and hero-worship that is so prevalent around here.

This pic made me lul though.

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

niemivh (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 09:25:43 PM

niemivh are you a fan of Webster Tarpley?

Guilty.  In most respects.

benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 09:39:39 PM

he's talking about how libertarians demonize FDR

Yes, Libertarians demonize FDR because we demonize both sides of the contrived political spectrum.  FDR bailed out the bankers, just like Obama and Bush bailed out the bankers.  Somehow the takeaway from this is that Libertarians are idiots for being the only ones who propose an alternative.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 09:48:50 PM

Yes, Libertarians demonize FDR because we demonize both sides of the contrived political spectrum.  FDR bailed out the bankers, just like Obama and Bush bailed out the bankers.  Somehow the takeaway from this is that Libertarians are idiots for being the only ones who propose an alternative.

Never said he was right. Wink Long story short, dude's an asshole.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 10:14:44 PM

He spoke at the bitcoin conference in Prague (mainly about himself and his crowd-funding-site piratemyfilm.com, which uses bitcoin for funding movie- and other projects). He has mentioned bitcoin as the "currency of the resistance" in his "Keiser Report" in april or may 2011 and interviewed Rick Falkvinge about Bitcoin very early (also in Keiser Report).

He has clearly promoted bitcoin and still said he would be "using his media leverage to help tony (bitpay) reach the goal of 1 million new bitcoin users in 2012" (I'm assuming this will fail, but nevertheless, he's a bitcoiner of sorts and one that reaches quite an audience.

Should we care if he denounces libertarians? I'm not sure... will watch the vid now.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 10:44:15 PM

He spoke at the bitcoin conference in Prague (mainly about himself and his crowd-funding-site piratemyfilm.com, which uses bitcoin for funding movie- and other projects). He has mentioned bitcoin as the "currency of the resistance" in his "Keiser Report" in april or may 2011 and interviewed Rick Falkvinge about Bitcoin very early (also in Keiser Report).

He has clearly promoted bitcoin and still said he would be "using his media leverage to help tony (bitpay) reach the goal of 1 million new bitcoin users in 2012" (I'm assuming this will fail, but nevertheless, he's a bitcoiner of sorts and one that reaches quite an audience.

Should we care if he denounces libertarians? I'm not sure... will watch the vid now.

Bitcoin's community is not entirely libertarians. Rejecting him because he criticized them is unfair and unnecessarily disopen and elitist. Our goal is Bitcoin adoption, not production of copious praise for libertarians.
niemivh (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 11:13:48 PM

How did FDR bailout the bankers?  What specific policy are you talking about?

niemivh (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 11:14:51 PM

Bitcoin's community is not entirely libertarians. Rejecting him because he criticized them is unfair and unnecessarily disopen and elitist. Our goal is Bitcoin adoption, not production of copious praise for libertarians.

Wow, someone with an adult mind.  I'm at a loss for words.

benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 06:37:48 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2012, 06:48:41 AM by benjamindees

How did FDR bailout the bankers?  What specific policy are you talking about?

That's what Max says in the video.  Didn't you even watch it?

(notice the intellectual laziness involved in dodging this question)

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 06:52:03 AM

How did FDR bailout the bankers?  What specific policy are you talking about?

That's what Max says in the video.  Didn't you even watch it?

(notice the intellectual laziness involved in dodging this question)

Oh, I wouldn't call it lazy. He works very hard to dodge questions he doesn't want to answer. The mental acrobatics are Gold medal material.

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 12:35:06 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2012, 06:47:35 AM by 420

Cool

don't know what to make of his Libertarian point, he doesn't explain

Crash JP Morgan Buy Silver

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
nedbert9

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Inactive

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Cool

Wow, I like this guy.

"If you thought your second amendment rights were to protect from tyranny you're wrong.  If this were the case you would have already acted."

Yeah.  I often think some of the framers would be disappointed in our collective inaction.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: