Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:50:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawl from Mt Gox into Dwolla Question  (Read 1354 times)
OmegaNemesis28 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 05:41:01 AM

Let me start with: I know the Mtgox and Dwolla situation has delays. I'm aware that they can take 6-8 days, possibly longer if there are delays. Also, I have both a verified Mtgox and Dwolla accounts. Mtgox more recently, Dwolla for a year +.

I've transferred money from Dwolla to Mtgox plenty, but NEVER money out of Mtgox into Dwolla (the inverse).

My question is how do you know if the process is in effect?
I setup on Mtgox the widthdrawl method.
Put in my Dwolla ID
Waited for that to be verified
I then said "transfer XX" amount of out Mtgox into my Dwolla account.
I got an email with a transaction ID.

However I see nothing in my Dwolla account in regards to "pending" transactions or anything of that nature. Is or will there be? Is there anyway to check that I did things correctly?

I see in my Mtgox transaction history it says Status: Confirmed on the transaction. Nothing else. Does Confirmed mean it is currently in the wheelhouse and not yet moving, or does it mean that it is finished?

It's been several days (not even counting the weekend) and I'm in no rush - I just want to make sure something absolutely stupid didn't happen like the Dwolla ID was messed up or some crap like that.

----
Again, I understand there are delays with Mtgox and Dwolla. It's just there is very little confirmation about the transaction specifics details aside from an email with an transaction ID number.
Mt.Gox_Alex

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 06:21:33 AM

Hi

I hope this will reassure you but what you are describing is "normal" under the circumstances you mentioned and you funds should arrive within the 6-8 days you mentioned. However and I believe that MagicalTux already gave on the forum a hint about this situation (Myself including) but the delays are soon to be over, REALLY SOON.

If you have ANY doubts, please contact the support and ask them if this is normal. But my understanding is that the transaction you made was confirmed and will be proceed/sent.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions :   Now Available!
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 12:43:32 PM

FYI, usually when the transfer is about to be made the status in your history will change from "confirmed" to "todo".  Once that happens the transfer is usually completed within a few hours.
OmegaNemesis28 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 04:49:16 PM

FYI, usually when the transfer is about to be made the status in your history will change from "confirmed" to "todo".  Once that happens the transfer is usually completed within a few hours.

Exactly what I was looking for perfect! Thank you very much. Confirmed was kind of scaring me because it was so ambiguous that I wasn't sure if it meant completed, in progress, or w/e.

Hi

I hope this will reassure you but what you are describing is "normal" under the circumstances you mentioned and you funds should arrive within the 6-8 days you mentioned. However and I believe that MagicalTux already gave on the forum a hint about this situation (Myself including) but the delays are soon to be over, REALLY SOON.

If you have ANY doubts, please contact the support and ask them if this is normal. But my understanding is that the transaction you made was confirmed and will be proceed/sent.

Thanks, I'm glad it appears I did everything right. Really reassuring that a Mtgox rep actually browses and responds around here. I love companies that actually participate in the community they're in relation with.

And fantastic news about the delays being gone. Means I can trade faster, possibly a lot more money to be had. But, then again, I'm never in too much of a rush anyway.
waltmarkers

Activity: 104

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 07:18:23 PM

I know. I have one now that is sitting as confirmed for a week. It would be nicer if it had a "confirmed, to be processed on...."
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 08:21:24 PM

My withdrawals from Gox to Dwolla have taken a consistent 8-10 days the last 3-4 times.  It sucks to wait that long, but at least it goes through every time.  Curious to know if there are any other exchanges that can do a 1-2 day withdrawal to Dwolla **AND** will take Gox USD codes??
Mt.Gox_Alex

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 01:31:43 AM

My withdrawals from Gox to Dwolla have taken a consistent 8-10 days the last 3-4 times.  It sucks to wait that long, but at least it goes through every time.  Curious to know if there are any other exchanges that can do a 1-2 day withdrawal to Dwolla **AND** will take Gox USD codes??

The Dwolla queue is going to be over SOON... REALLY SOON !

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions :   Now Available!
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 03:01:59 PM

Wow!  https://mtgox.com/press_release_20120808.html
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 03:55:08 PM

good, cause my last transaction took 11 business days.. wtf..  (*ed: ok, more like 8 days)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: