Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:45:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is insubstantial sig spam?  (Read 961 times)
Bralex (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:50:13 AM

I was posting and making ok btc with my sig space until recently, i see ban after ban for wearing sigs i have looked but cannot find the answer what is insubstantial sig spam?

It is very vague and i have seen people who i would not class as spammy posts be banned. Its not nice being worried is your account going to be banned for just trying to make some extra bitcoin not all of us have a lot of money Sad

I put effort into all posts i make but still have the same worry of being banned.

My main reason for the worry is awhile ago i had a ban for a referral link spam i never see the mod delete it and i posted again  Shocked

Resulted in a ban but i had logged out before i see the ban and later i signed in on another account and done it again  Shocked (without seeing the original deleted posts or ban i may add) that was then ban evasion and rightfully so but i truly did not mean to.

Two questions hopefully be answered by Badbear when you get time, will i get a perm banned next time? If that is the case i leave this campaign in a second i love it here with you guys.

Second what is sig spam? Is there a sticky that has a in depth answer like less than 10 words, posts within 5mins, 100 posts a day, 300 a week etc

Thanks in advance i hope you see this and can help me out Smiley

Also please tell me if this is the wrong place and i will move.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:22:17 PM

First we should know the meaning of the word spam, if you reply to a post with only one-two line it is not spam (the content should be inherent to the question/discussion).

Just my 2 cents
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 12:33:01 PM

will i get a perm banned next time?

I tend to consider sig spam bans a class of their own, as in I don't generally lengthen the duration due to previous bans, unless you are truly a bad poster or there are some other special considerations.

Second what is sig spam? Is there a sticky that has a in depth answer like less than 10 words, posts within 5mins, 100 posts a day, 300 a week etc

A tendency to make posts in order to boost your post count, and you have an ad in your signature, particularly one that pays you per post. There is no secret invisible line that you shouldn't cross in terms of numbers, it's mostly subjective. 

There are people who just don't post very well in general, post "too much", or don't really have anything to say, they just like to participate in the community and post. This itself is fine. But when you add an ad to these kinds of posters, it's difficult or impossible to tell if they just aren't quality posters or if they are attempting to boost their post count. I used to err on the side of caution here because I do not want to ban the former, just the latter, but too many of the latter are slipping through the cracks because it's very difficult to gauge someone's intentions. This is the main thing that has changed lately.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Bralex (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:08:23 PM

will i get a perm banned next time?

I tend to consider sig spam bans a class of their own, as in I don't generally lengthen the duration due to previous bans, unless you are truly a bad poster or there are some other special considerations.

A tendency to make posts in order to boost your post count, and you have an ad in your signature, particularly one that pays you per post. There is no secret invisible line that you shouldn't cross in terms of numbers, it's mostly subjective.  

There are people who just don't post very well in general, post "too much", or don't really have anything to say, they just like to participate in the community and post. This itself is fine. But when you add an ad to these kinds of posters, it's difficult or impossible to tell if they just aren't quality posters or if they are attempting to boost their post count. I used to err on the side of caution here because I do not want to ban the former, just the latter, but too many of the latter are slipping through the cracks because it's very difficult to gauge someone's intentions. This is the main thing that has changed lately.

I know what you mean i have seen people who do exactly as you describe above and it is very obvious why they are commenting 5 times on one thread page replying to different people and i have sent a friendly pm to them on more than one occasion then it turns out they get banned a day or 2 after lol

I will be sure to keep my quality of posts high and also recommend to the sigature manager that maybe a set rate for like 20-50 posts a week 'not per post' it will still give the same advertisement but it will be easier to weed out the spammers and it will give the campaign a better look as well as being cheaper. If they keep it the same i will be leaving because like i said would rather stay in the good books of admin and staff and keep my account than make a bit of coin.

That is less worrying that i should not get a permanent ban for my previous stupid mistake as i learned my lesson and it was genuinely a mistake, i mean if i would have seen the first deleted message i would not have done it again and then received the ban and definitely not the evasion.    

I appreciate your reply thank you Badbear  Smiley

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
vatanen

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:23:18 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 07:33:32 PM by vatanen

Commenting on that, how do you let people like MZ/redsn0w(not that I have any grudge against them) pass through your radar ?
Both of them used to post around 4-5 posts a day on average  2 months, and are now posting 30-40 posts a day only because of the sig campaign that pays per post.
They have also switched to posting to Meta a lot now, and are making helpful posts, according to me only to evade the bans happening these days

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:55:57 PM

Commenting on that, how do you let people like MZ/redsn0w(not that I have any grudge against them) pass through your radar ?
Both of them used to post around 4-5 posts a day on average  2 months, and are now posting 30-40 posts a day only because of the sig campaign that pays per post.
They have also switched to posting to Meta a lot now, and are making helpful posts, according to me only to evade the bans happening these days

What is the problem if I post 5-10-50 times per day? I do not think the signature campaigns were banned or I am wrong? I post only if I am interested to the thread subject or have something to add (like help an user). 

Isn't this a forum for discuss about bitcoin? However thanks for your opinion, maybe the next time can you write from your main account? Thanks again.
vatanen

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:48:42 PM

What is the problem if I post 5-10-50 times per day? I do not think the signature campaigns were banned or I am wrong? I post only if I am interested to the thread subject or have something to add (like help an user). 

Isn't this a forum for discuss about bitcoin? However thanks for your opinion, maybe the next time can you write from your main account? Thanks again.

Well , I am not further going to argue as that wasn't my intention of the post.
I was just commenting on the part " A tendency to make posts in order to boost your post count". I was just asking Badbear how does he react towards people who are making constructive posts and helpful ones but have increased their post count due to the campaign.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:57:32 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 10:54:47 PM by redsn0w

Well , I am not further going to argue as that wasn't my intention of the post.
I was just commenting on the part " A tendency to make posts in order to boost your post count". I was just asking Badbear how does he react towards people who are making constructive posts and helpful ones but have increased their post count due to the campaign.

They should ban all the signature campaigns or try to regulate them, by the way the final decision is of the staff member. Now it is not still against the forum rules "wearing a sig ad" and make 5-10-50 posts per day (them should be only substantial posts and inherent to the discussion).

Sorry, if I seem arrogant.

Edit:
I know it is very annoying to see the same ad in each posts here in the forum, but I can't do nothing, only continue to participate and help the users here in the forum. If someone doesn't like to see the sig ad he can disable them or ignore the user.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: