Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:28:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: most profitable pool  (Read 4065 times)
nightsun (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:10:57 PM

Hi, I am about to buy 11 antminers s'5 and ,being new in the mining stuff,just need some help to find the most profitable pool . I readed about slush,and antpool...but just dont know. I am from spain and I got a page that sell for 40 € a  Tacens Radix VII AG 600W 80 Plus Silver,do you see them good for the s5? thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 06:38:31 PM

Pool wise, normally antpool can be good, however, we are experiencing the DDOS in the last few days.

PSU wise, if you can, please try at least 750W or 850W for the S5 x 1 use.  If you use the higher wattage PSU, such as 1300W, you can connect 2 x S5 on 1 PSU.  Example be EVGA 1300W

Hi, I am about to buy 11 antminers s'5 and ,being new in the mining stuff,just need some help to find the most profitable pool . I readed about slush,and antpool...but just dont know. I am from spain and I got a page that sell for 40 € a  Tacens Radix VII AG 600W 80 Plus Silver,do you see them good for the s5? thank you.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:16:14 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 10:47:05 AM by aurel57

Hi, I am about to buy 11 antminers s'5 and ,being new in the mining stuff,just need some help to find the most profitable pool . I readed about slush,and antpool...but just dont know. I am from spain and I got a page that sell for 40 € a  Tacens Radix VII AG 600W 80 Plus Silver,do you see them good for the s5? thank you.

It depends on if you are the type of miner that wants to take a chance doesn't mind variance or wants a steady payout. For steady use one of the PPS pools like BAN which has a 0% fee or DFish which charges a 4% fee. The trade off is DFish makes payments on time daily and BAN is always late on payments a lot but has always paid.

If you want to take more of a chance don't mind variance  then use kano's pool which pays PPLNS and you will only get paid if and when the pool finds a block and charges a  Pool fee of .9% . Another pool you can try is Slush but if you pull your miners before a block is found you may lose all your shares you mined. You can also try a p2pool node near you.

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:57:17 PM

wrong aurel Tongue

BAN is -1.xxx - 2% fees

It depends on if you are the type of miner that wants to take a chance or wants a steady payout. For steady use one of the PPS pools like BAN which has a 0% fee or DFish which charges a 4% fee. The trade off is DFish makes payments on time daily and BAN is late on payments a lot but has always paid.

If you want to take more of a chance then use kano's pool which pays PPLNS and you will only get paid if and when the pool finds a block and charges a  Pool fee of .9% . Another pool you can try is Slush but if you pull your miners before a block is found you may lose all your shares you mined. You can also try a p2pool node near you.

EDIT: I split my miners between both. I mine half at BAN and half at Kano's pool.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:41:48 PM

If you can buy a smaller amount than 11 at the same price per unit, try that to test them.
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:55:21 AM

I have been doing really good over at Kano's pool. Since the start we are 185 blocks and at 105% luck so far.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:20:56 PM

+1 for kano & p2pool

Buy quality power supplies, not 40$ junk.
ScryptAsic

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 05:12:22 PM

+1 for kano & p2pool

I have to disagree on p2pool it is horribly neglected. I tried mining it for a month and made less returns. I think p2pool needs a major rework or it will remain barely used compared to owned pools.

Yes buy good PSU or they will fry. Corsair, EVGA, or modded server PSU.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:02:36 PM

+1 for kano & p2pool

I have to disagree on p2pool it is horribly neglected. I tried mining it for a month and made less returns. I think p2pool needs a major rework or it will remain barely used compared to owned pools.

A month on p2pool isn't really enough to compare, but I know what you're saying. It needs some loving. If p2pool has 1% of the total network hashrate, I think it would still work in it's current form, though.
ScryptAsic

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:53:40 AM

+1 for kano & p2pool

A month on p2pool isn't really enough to compare, but I know what you're saying. It needs some loving. If p2pool has 1% of the total network hashrate, I think it would still work in it's current form, though.

Well I think that the dev has left it and many are moving from it now. I wish it was well maintained and worked better, but it is probably too late now. I think over the next few years the big setups will be the only ones left mining on their own private pools.  Embarrassed
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:27:49 PM

Id say none unless you are mining some alt coin. Hard to get any profit from mining now days due to ever growing diff. If you got free energy then best bet would be some p2p pool or multi pool that pays good with a low ratio on fees. Hamster pool is good https://hamsterpool.com I would use them normally but due to nergy being used and output of coin no logner profitable.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

it's because, as a noob member, p2pool pay more ... after 2-3 months of mining.  Grin
pepto

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:07:58 PM

Eclipse Mining Consortium (aka Eclipse or EMC) at 5% PPS pays best for me and that's where I mine.
Many won't mine here because of the association with Butterfly Labs. Me, I don't care.
Always paid within an hour of request. No question in my mind that payouts are bigger here than anywhere else.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 07:00:15 PM

Eclipse Mining Consortium (aka Eclipse or EMC) at 5% PPS pays best for me and that's where I mine.
Many won't mine here because of the association with Butterfly Labs. Me, I don't care.
Always paid within an hour of request. No question in my mind that payouts are bigger here than anywhere else.

Care to explain how a PPS pool charging 5% has bigger payouts than anywhere else?  Let me answer that for you, so as you're not confused: it doesn't.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
swilla

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:07:47 AM

I would agree that they are the best pps pool I have found. As far as best paying pool, I would disagree. Steady yes. Most profitable? No. But I plan on pointing a couple of s3s there when I get my s5. Regardless of who there associated with, they have been consistent. I fell for BAN's higher payout, only to find out that they don't actually pay out. When I put all my miners on slush and kano, I had over .007 (negligible, I know) When it finally went to payout  it was reduced to 0.00000000. Lesson learned? Stay away from BAN! Eclipse is much safer. The only problem with eclipsemc is they don't have an updated thread on here. Also, their DGM payments aren't bad until you hit an 11 day block!
toptekk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:14:12 AM

mining.bitcoin.cz

Eligius Pool Statistics

Bitcoin Affiliate

WestHash

ON a  good run Ive found mining.bitcoin.cz to be the best one yet . I use all of the above at one time or the other thu out the month but all ways  have one or two miners on Eligius Pool Statistics rented or my own rigs at home.

I also mine some alt coins with a S3 I bought after i sold them all off for S5s , i wish i had kept at least one S3.

cya
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 05:45:54 AM

i dont have much hash power and didnt get chance to run miners 24/7 as well but i get good payouts compare to my hashing power from BAN and also advantage to stay with them are the freebies in shape of NMC, Doge and 10% BTC bonus on our hashing earnings.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:30:20 AM

i dont have much hash power and didnt get chance to run miners 24/7 as well but i get good payouts compare to my hashing power from BAN and also advantage to stay with them are the freebies in shape of NMC, Doge and 10% BTC bonus on our hashing earnings.

Um, are you some sort of BAN sock puppet?
They don't payout the NMC or Doge and they don't pay 10% bonus.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 11:44:57 AM

just need some help to find the most profitable pool

Have a look at this: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/36725/btc-hashes-second-rates-for-various-pools/36747#36747

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:49:25 AM

Um, are you some sort of BAN sock puppet?
They don't payout the NMC or Doge and they don't pay 10% bonus.

Besides of this fact as well...

"We are currently not accepting new user registrations."
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: