Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:15:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long did it take for Satoshi to make the blockchain?  (Read 3384 times)
Eastfist

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:58:34 AM

Bullshit. If there was another paper it would be downloadable

LOLOLOL. So if it's on the Internet, it is truth. Gavin was the last guy to have the original paper. Maybe he's got it locked up in a safe someday for a museum.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:38:56 AM

Man, I'd be all over that if I could read it. One of these days I have to start making my own blog about everything I love about Bitcoin, it's History, it's Characters, The movement everything... wow.
I love Bitcoin.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:01:38 AM

Well it is speculated that Satoshi had posted on an internet forum about the concept of bitcoin in the early 2000's, around the time that paypal first came out.

Wowa, you just hit something home to me. PayPal, and eBay also for that matter, have only really been around since 2000, but today we consider them indispensable.  Theoretically that is where Bitcoin will be in 15 years.
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:18:06 AM

Man, I'd be all over that if I could read it. One of these days I have to start making my own blog about everything I love about Bitcoin, it's History, it's Characters, The movement everything... wow.
I love Bitcoin.

Wait.  When you say the "original paper" are you talking about the one he put up in November 2008?  He put a link to it on the crypto mailing lists, but the paper now at that link is a slightly later version?  That one?

'Cause I've got that one saved on my hard drive.  There's really not much difference from the one that's there now except a few sentences have been straightened out for clarity.

Send me your edress and I'll shoot you the file. 
CoinTop

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:40:01 AM

I remember seeing a reddit post about a while back when someone back in 2005-2006 posted an idea about a digital currency and it was speculated that it was satoshi who was working on the development then. But I would still say would have been close to 2-3 years for him to come up with the idea and develope it.

Very nice.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:43:12 AM

I often ponder about how long he actually developed the code. I mean, did it take him a couple of weeks? Months? Has he worked on this for 5-10 years already? I mean the Internet would only have been ready for this technology since maybe 2005 or so, I guess.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:52:14 PM

Well it is speculated that Satoshi had posted on an internet forum about the concept of bitcoin in the early 2000's, around the time that paypal first came out.

Wowa, you just hit something home to me. PayPal, and eBay also for that matter, have only really been around since 2000, but today we consider them indispensable.  Theoretically that is where Bitcoin will be in 15 years.

The sad thing is that Paypal's earliest incarnation was an attempt at BTC esque idealism and look what it became.

From here - http://money.howstuffworks.com/paypal3.htm

"Peter Thiel and Max Levchin founded PayPal in December 1998 under the name Confinity. Operating out of Silicon Valley, the idealistic vision of the company was one of a borderless currency, free from governmental controls.

However, PayPal's success quickly drew the attention of hackers, scam artists and organized crime groups, who used the service for frauds and money laundering.

New security measures stemmed the tide of fraud and customer complaints, but government officials soon stepped in. Regulators and attorneys general in several states, including New York and California, fined PayPal for violations and investigated the company's business practices. Some states, such as Louisiana, banned PayPal from operating in their states altogether."

Kinda familiar, no? 
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:00:21 PM

Yes i believe the same will be with bitcoin maybe less than 10-15years and using ebay as an example someone will create a decentralized ebay but for crypto without the massive fee's that will have people piling threw the crypto doors.

Would love to see the forum where he first hinted on the idea i would screen short that and add it to the crypto memory bank.

So we are saying it took anywhere from 5-10 years what i have got from this..

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: