Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:12:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: testnet url  (Read 888 times)
epilitimus (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:53:56 PM

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't find it.

I am new to bitcoin and am setting up a bitcoin payment flow for a friend's e-commerce site. I found testnet in a box and am going to play with that. I also found the information on how to set up a url that causes a bitcoin payment(i.e. https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0021.mediawiki) to be made. What I can't find is how to do this with testnet coins so I can experiment and test the payment flow before trying to go live with actual bitcoins.

So if anyone can point me to the relevant page I would appreciate it.

Alternatively if I am going about this all wrong a pointer to the right direction would be a big help.
Barney Stinson

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:16:43 PM

I am new to bitcoin and am setting up a bitcoin payment flow for a friend's e-commerce site. I found testnet in a box and am going to play with that. I also found the information on how to set up a url that causes a bitcoin payment(i.e. https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0021.mediawiki) to be made. What I can't find is how to do this with testnet coins so I can experiment and test the payment flow before trying to go live with actual bitcoins.

Alternatively if I am going about this all wrong a pointer to the right direction would be a big help.

I don't have the exact page but you might want to try and check the development and technical support sub forums they have more technical information than the rest of the boards.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:35:13 PM

You should try stripe.com. They did it pretty nice.
Here you go https://stripe.com/bitcoin

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:38:34 PM

Here's where you can get started:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Testnet

The main crux is that you start bitcoind on a different port and connect to a different network.  The -testnet flag does this for you.  I've run some things on testnet in the past, there are faucets that give out testnet coins so that you can have some fundage to test your programs.  Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: