Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:06:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Signature Spam Overdose!  (Read 926 times)
coinfusion (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:28:50 AM

In a recent thread, 6 out of the first 7 posts (each from a different user) featured a bitmixer.io signature!  I just couldn't take it anymore, so after over 30 days of time logged in I finally had to activate the "Don't show users' signatures." setting.  How long did it take you to turn off signatures?
hgerson

Activity: 251

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:57:46 PM

In a recent thread, 6 out of the first 7 posts (each from a different user) featured a bitmixer.io signature!  I just couldn't take it anymore, so after over 30 days of time logged in I finally had to activate the "Don't show users' signatures." setting.  How long did it take you to turn off signatures?

It doesn't upset me at all.
Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:01:29 PM

Thanks for that tip, now all those wankers abusing the trust system, wont get paid, yeehaaaa......

Sadley, neither will the genuine Sad

See, abuser's of the trust system, it's coming for you.. Wink
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:11:22 PM

Thanks for that tip, now all those wankers abusing the trust system, wont get paid, yeehaaaa......

Wrong thread, bud.

Regarding signature, report the offending posts. The mods now are very active.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Master Jedi

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:13:20 PM

I really don't care.

What annoys me is useless topics about petty stuff.
kevindurant

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:14:23 PM

I don't use signatures. I believe their only purpose is get paid per posting. Otherwise any of them write this forum this much.

hgerson

Activity: 251

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:16:08 PM

What is "abusing the trust system"?
Decksperiment

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:17:01 PM

Wrong thread, bud.

Actually, this is not in the wrong thread, I was thanking the OP for his tip, as it occured to me this was a good thing, and I explained why?
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 08:23:43 PM

It used to be worse, with image signatures.

bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:33:31 PM

I find the worst sig spamming offenders to be  on the payroll of BIT-X.com

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 08:40:25 PM

I find the worst sig spamming offenders to be  on the payroll of BIT-X.com

Big payers attracts big spammers. IMO, a few signature campaigns are trying to curb the spam spree; but, a lot of them simply are happy with the exposure they receive from the huge amount of spam their users post.
I'm glad Staff now shows a Zero Tolerance policy against spammers and I'm supporting them by reporting spam posts myself.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
goosoodude

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:44:29 PM

Wrong thread, bud.

Actually, this is not in the wrong thread, I was thanking the OP for his tip, as it occured to me this was a good thing, and I explained why?

Did you read the post? You were talking about the trust system, while the OP was about disabling signatures.

How is disabling signatures make those abusing the trust system not get paid? How are those abusing the trust system in the first place getting paid?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Decksperiment

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:54:04 PM

Wrong thread, bud.

Did you read the post? You were talking about the trust system, while the OP was about disabling signatures.

How is disabling signatures make those abusing the trust system not get paid? How are those abusing the trust system in the first place getting paid?

By disabling the signatures, they wont be paid for each 'view' or do you know anything about advertising? Since this is not your thread, take it from me, I was thanking the OP, butt out..
goosoodude

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:03:45 PM

Wrong thread, bud.

By disabling the signatures, they wont be paid for each 'view' or do you know anything about advertising? Since this is not your thread, take it from me, I was thanking the OP, butt out..

You still have not explained how disabling signature affects trust. Instead of telling otheres to butt out, maybe you should try reading, preferably your own posts.

Decksperiment

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:14:37 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 09:41:20 PM by Decksperiment

Oh, if you want me to explain it to a 5 year old, (I thought you were older and wiser) I'll quote this:

You still have not explained how disabling signature affects trust.

My explanation for a 5 year old:

B e c a u s e  u s e r ' s  a b u s i n g  t h e  t r u s t  s y s t e m  w h o  h a v e  t h e i r  o w n  S i g n a t u r e  c a m p a i g n  w i l l  N O T  b e  p a i d  p e r  v i e w  i f  w h a t  t h e  OP  s u g g e s t ' s  i s  p u t  i n t o  e f f e c t.. is this understandable to you?

Now kindley stop hijacking the OP's thread, should you wish to discuss this further, start your own thread?

Oh, and the reason I edit a lot of my post's is to correct spelling mistakes, or add mair shite, thankfully it's not as troublesome as yours.

Edit: I just ignored you, making that one less payment from YOUR signature campaign PER POST, your cheek just cost you.

tex99

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:31:28 PM

I didn't know you could hide user's signatures until I read the OP. I clicked don't show users' signatures on the Look and Layout Preferences and they all disappeared. Thanks OP.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:40:18 PM

I think the spam is a bit less than what it used to be. Especially compared to when primedice sig campaign was active.

Bitmixer added a new rule that every post must be at least 75 characters in order to be considered a payment worthy post.

Also, Bitmixer doesn't pay anymore for posting in off-topic section. I think that's a great method to reduce as much spam as possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: