Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:38:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Stolen Bensam123  (Read 2754 times)
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 01:43:53 PM

I never received a PM. It'd be weird that you've been keeping track of me for so long yet never felt the need to contact me. You bruteforced my password (it was a relatively easy password) and are claiming that you did, but somehow it was right because of 'poor security'?

I'm not sending proof to anyone but a moderator or admin. Since you don't even own the account anymore, it's impossible for you to regain access to it and even if you could, why would I deal with someone who hijacks other peoples accounts and resells them?

I honestly don't care what sort of 'business' is going on here. It's irrelevant.

Wo wo wo wo... how did i miss that.
when did i ever said that i hacked your account ?
I never had done that shit and am never going to.
I did sold it but i can get it back whenever i want.
Just provide me a proof already. If you can't trust me , provide a proof to someone trusted like QuickSeller or Shorena .
~Regards Sky
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bensam1231 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:48:05 PM

You bruteforced my password (it was a relatively easy password) and are claiming that you did, but somehow it was right because of 'poor security'?
Do you care to elaborate on this? I don't think the PM you quoted would be enough to say that he admitted to hacking/bruit-forcing your account.

Ah, sorry, thought someone who buys and sells accounts may have the means to procure them, especially when he mentions things like this.

But if it turns out the account was stolen from you due to improper security , i would want to give me some amt (initial buying price).

Pretty sure there was more to quote, especially in the other thread, but the messages have been since edited. The person operating Bensam123 said some especially juicy bits, but I didn't quote it at the time or screenshot.

Just provide me a proof already. If you can't trust me , provide a proof to someone trusted like QuickSeller or Shorena .
~Regards Sky

Neither Quickseller or Shorena are admins or moderators. I'd be willing to use a moderator as a proxy. I'll PM a mod and see if they'd be willing to act as proxy. And yes it does matter. There is no way to know if they're related to you.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 07:53:39 PM

~Regards Sky

Neither Quickseller or Shorena are admins or moderators. I'd be willing to use a moderator as a proxy. I'll PM a mod and see if they'd be willing to act as proxy. And yes it does matter. There is no way to know if they're related to you.

First i never edited my post on there
Second , well if you think so , i hope some mod will come and help out!
I will wait
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:55:35 PM

The only way to prove ownership is to sign a message from an old address associated with the account. There is no risk of any kind of loss of privacy when you sign a message. If you are offering to prove ownership in any other way then it is far from concrete evidence of ownership.
bensam1231 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:30:37 PM

Reason I didn't state what kind of proof I had was because it was a message on the account itself and he could simply go back and delete it. But I was informed by one of the moderators admins can read deleted posts so it's not really that big of a deal anymore. I never posted with a bitcoin address on Bensam123 as I'm sure the owners know as they've probably scanned the account for one, but I have posted with my Burst address, which I still own and use. I can send a message or a small amount of Burst to anyone using Burst.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg10160714#msg10160714

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0

There are a couple more things attached to the account I can also use to verify I'm the owner.

chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 04:39:11 PM

Reason I didn't state what kind of proof I had was because it was a message on the account itself and he could simply go back and delete it. But I was informed by one of the moderators admins can read deleted posts so it's not really that big of a deal anymore. I never posted with a bitcoin address on Bensam123 as I'm sure the owners know as they've probably scanned the account for one, but I have posted with my Burst address, which I still own and use. I can send a message or a small amount of Burst to anyone using Burst.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg10160714#msg10160714

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0

There are a couple more things attached to the account I can also use to verify I'm the owner.
Strange type of address but i never know cos never saw BURST
So if some trusted member or MOD confirms it to be your , you can have your account back but obviously for some amount of btc
Also , to let you know , in future please if ever you get hacked , first thing to do is go to the account and mark it as stolen .
You didn't reported it stolen for a month and you say now , But all's good
~Regards SKy
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 05:08:54 PM

Do you have private key of the address? If yes, try to sign with brainwallet.github.io or within the wallet(if it supports). Post the message, address and signature you got after signing here. Using brainwallet.github.io will give you a formatted signed message, so I suggest using it but offline. It's your choice.

bensam1231 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:26:14 PM

So if some trusted member or MOD confirms it to be your , you can have your account back but obviously for some amount of btc
Also , to let you know , in future please if ever you get hacked , first thing to do is go to the account and mark it as stolen .
~Regards SKy

So I can prove that it's my account, but now you wont give it to me (regardless of saying you would just give it back) and you want to charge me for it even though it was stolen?

I also own the imgur account that photos were posted from on the account and can delete them causing photos to error out.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg10486821#msg10486821
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg10449445#msg10449445

I reported it to one of the moderators the moment it happened, mprep. I have been trying to get in touch with Theymos the entire time, but he hasn't responded yet.

chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 06:34:43 PM

~Regards SKy

So I can prove that it's my account, but now you wont give it to me (regardless of saying you would just give it back) and you want to charge me for it even though it was stolen?

I also own the imgur account that photos were posted from on the account and can delete them causing photos to error out.

I reported it to one of the moderators the moment it happened, mprep. I have been trying to get in touch with Theymos the entire time, but he hasn't responded yet.

No man! am not asking you to pay for it! But as i have stated early too for a little btc
Since , you see you should have tagged it and you never even replied to my PM when i asked is it you.
So maybe a little compensation ? Not necessarily though , it's your choice.
But be aware for next time to keep a good strong pw .
Just get it proven and you have the account:)
bensam1231 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:55:52 PM

~Regards SKy

No man! am not asking you to pay for it! But as i have stated early too for a little btc
Since , you see you should have tagged it and you never even replied to my PM when i asked is it you.

I'm offering you methods of proving it. You wont use Burst, you don't take me having access to the imgur account as proof either. What are you looking for? Anyone else in this thread I can send a message to with the aforementioned Burst address.

I'm not going to pay you for it. You probably should go back to whomever you bought it from that claimed it was a sold account or something else legit.

I'll talk to some people and see if they'll hop in the thread that use Burst.

chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 07:32:10 PM

~Regards SKy

I'm offering you methods of proving it. You wont use Burst, you don't take me having access to the imgur account as proof either. What are you looking for? Anyone else in this thread I can send a message to with the aforementioned Burst address.

I'm not going to pay you for it. You probably should go back to whomever you bought it from that claimed it was a sold account or something else legit.

I'll talk to some people and see if they'll hop in the thread that use Burst.
I'm sorry but am too busy these days ! Okay don't pay me a dime but it's all your mistake to not report it alright!
The account will be yours , just get me a trusted member's confirmation
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 09:00:29 PM

Asking/suggesting you again.

Do you have private key of the address? If yes, try to sign with brainwallet.github.io or within the wallet(if it supports). Post the message, address and signature you got after signing here. Using brainwallet.github.io will give you a formatted signed message, so I suggest using it but offline. It's your choice.

seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:07:09 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 07:30:34 AM by seasonw

Okay, I'm here to help this poor bensam to authenticate his ownership.

Please check at this post:-
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg10558187#msg10558187

I remembered bensam because he always uploaded camera light reflection screenshot instead of screen capture... LOL  Grin

Please look at the numeric account ID in the attached photo of the post... It is 17266980162060955120. Then please check this wallet at http://burstcoin.eu/address/17266980162060955120, you will get the address ID = BURST-SDHJ-Z6DP-YEWT-G47AZ.

Someone may ask the "original" bensam to send you burstcoin/message from BURST-SDHJ-Z6DP-YEWT-G47AZ for verification. Or ask "original" bensam to send message to anywhere as burstcoin dev proposed, then show the transaction on block explorer.

This is all I can help!  Cool

EDIT: Just noticed chronicsky need a trusted member, ignore my post if I can't help..
bensam1231 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 04:16:28 PM

Not sure what constitutes a 'trusted member'. Is that a certain number of posts?

Here is a message sent from the listed Burst address on the burst blockchain.

http://burstcoin.eu/transaction/1189750995007869064

tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:39:28 AM

What in the hell is with everyones account being stolen. That's all thats in meta. They should be a name change. Subforum or something. META>STOLEN ACCOUNT
Dorrittulx

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:40:52 AM

You should provide a signed message associated with an account.

Anyone can just find a transaction to or from an address and post it here as proof, so that's not sufficient.

Screenshots aren't really accepts either because you can inspect the element or you can photoshop it.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 08:00:16 AM

Not sure what constitutes a 'trusted member'. Is that a certain number of posts?

Here is a message sent from the listed Burst address on the burst blockchain.

Okay this seems a little complicated to me since i've never used it and the blockchain is little confusing.
I got a practical day after tomorrow , let me handle and i will try to get a burst address on 21st and receive 1 burst(which i'll return) to the address from the posted address and you will have your account back by 22nd if all goes good.
Also , i would like you to pay some btc for it! A very small amt of 0.03 btc for the time you took to report it hacked(wait you didn't reported it at all even after a month anyways). I don't think that's a big amt right ?
Also , i will deliver your account as it was so you don't have any problem so i'll delete all posts made after you . Okay?
~Regards Sky
bensam1231 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:34:31 AM

Anyone can just find a transaction to or from an address and post it here as proof, so that's not sufficient.

Screenshots aren't really accepts either because you can inspect the element or you can photoshop it.

Uh, it has a message attached to it. It reads: "Bensam1231 authenticating as Bensam123!" It's in the blockchain. Burst supports messaging. Seriously, click the link and read.

No one needs to download a wallet. It's right there, sent from my address and has the message attached to it embedded in the blockchain.

I'm not paying you BTC dude. You aren't the only one whose time is worth something, get over yourself.

I've authenticated my account. I proved it's mine. You said you'd give back my stolen account free. I'm taking you up on that. I'm not paying you anything. This sort of behavior definitely makes you quite untrustworthy. You should actually pay me for my time as this is starting to turn into harassment and you're currently holding my account ransom.

Since you have such trouble managing your time and it's worth so much, I'll do the work for you. I registered a new email address. Simply change the email address on the account which you have access to to it and I'll recover the account from there. Post in here when you have done so. Do not PM me.

recoveryemail2323123@gmail.com

chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 09:23:40 AM

Uh, it has a message attached to it. It reads: "Bensam1231 authenticating as Bensam123!" It's in the blockchain. Burst supports messaging. Seriously, click the link and read.

No one needs to download a wallet. It's right there, sent from my address and has the message attached to it embedded in the blockchain.

I'm not paying you BTC dude. You aren't the only one whose time is worth something, get over yourself.

I've authenticated my account. I proved it's mine. You said you'd give back my stolen account free. I'm taking you up on that. I'm not paying you anything. This sort of behavior definitely makes you quite untrustworthy. You should actually pay me for my time as this is starting to turn into harassment and you're currently holding my account ransom.

Since you have such trouble managing your time and it's worth so much, I'll do the work for you. I registered a new email address. Simply change the email address on the account which you have access to to it and I'll recover the account from there. Post in here when you have done so. Do not PM me.

Okay! i need nothing but what exactly shall i pay you for ?
For the lack of security ? Or the lack of awareness to not tag it hacked ? Or maybe not replying to my messge when i asked is it yours?
Name it and i'll be more than happy to pay!
Okay! all seems good but am not taking any chances here since i don't know much about BURST
If some trusted member vouches that i won't be responsible for the account anymore , i will give it to you(or  to the member who vouched) right now.
~Regards Sky
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:42:58 AM

Okay! i need nothing but what exactly shall i pay you for ?
For the lack of security ? Or the lack of awareness to not tag it hacked ? Or maybe not replying to my messge when i asked is it yours?
Name it and i'll be more than happy to pay!
Okay! all seems good but am not taking any chances here since i don't know much about BURST
If some trusted member vouches that i won't be responsible for the account anymore , i will give it to you(or  to the member who vouched) right now.
~Regards Sky

I think he should sign a message from a bitcoin address not a BURST address (based on NXT). No one should vouche for him, "trade" with your diligence (and ask always a signed message when you buy a forum account).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: