Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:03:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Stolen Bensam123  (Read 2756 times)
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 11:05:10 AM

You should provide a signed message associated with an account.

Anyone can just find a transaction to or from an address and post it here as proof, so that's not sufficient.

Screenshots aren't really accepts either because you can inspect the element or you can photoshop it.

Uh, it has a message attached to it. It reads: "Bensam1231 authenticating as Bensam123!" It's in the blockchain. Burst supports messaging. Seriously, click the link and read.

http://burstcoin.eu/transaction/1189750995007869064

No one needs to download a wallet. It's right there, sent from my address and has the message attached to it embedded in the blockchain.

I'm not paying you BTC dude. You aren't the only one whose time is worth something, get over yourself.

I've authenticated my account. I proved it's mine. You said you'd give back my stolen account free. I'm taking you up on that. I'm not paying you anything. This sort of behavior definitely makes you quite untrustworthy. You should actually pay me for my time as this is starting to turn into harassment and you're currently holding my account ransom.

Since you have such trouble managing your time and it's worth so much, I'll do the work for you. I registered a new email address. Simply change the email address on the account which you have access to to it and I'll recover the account from there. Post in here when you have done so. Do not PM me.

recoveryemail2323123@gmail.com
Okay! i need nothing but what exactly shall i pay you for ?
For the lack of security ? Or the lack of awareness to not tag it hacked ? Or maybe not replying to my messge when i asked is it yours?
Name it and i'll be more than happy to pay!
Okay! all seems good but am not taking any chances here since i don't know much about BURST
If some trusted member vouches that i won't be responsible for the account anymore , i will give it to you(or  to the member who vouched) right now.
~Regards Sky

I think he should sign a message from a bitcoin address not a BURST address (based on NXT). No one should vouche for him, "trade" with your diligence (and ask always a signed message when you buy a forum account).

He has never posted a btc address in his all-post time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bensam1231 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:45:37 PM

You should provide a signed message associated with an account.

Anyone can just find a transaction to or from an address and post it here as proof, so that's not sufficient.

Screenshots aren't really accepts either because you can inspect the element or you can photoshop it.

Uh, it has a message attached to it. It reads: "Bensam1231 authenticating as Bensam123!" It's in the blockchain. Burst supports messaging. Seriously, click the link and read.

http://burstcoin.eu/transaction/1189750995007869064

No one needs to download a wallet. It's right there, sent from my address and has the message attached to it embedded in the blockchain.

I'm not paying you BTC dude. You aren't the only one whose time is worth something, get over yourself.

I've authenticated my account. I proved it's mine. You said you'd give back my stolen account free. I'm taking you up on that. I'm not paying you anything. This sort of behavior definitely makes you quite untrustworthy. You should actually pay me for my time as this is starting to turn into harassment and you're currently holding my account ransom.

Since you have such trouble managing your time and it's worth so much, I'll do the work for you. I registered a new email address. Simply change the email address on the account which you have access to to it and I'll recover the account from there. Post in here when you have done so. Do not PM me.

recoveryemail2323123@gmail.com
Okay! i need nothing but what exactly shall i pay you for ?
For the lack of security ? Or the lack of awareness to not tag it hacked ? Or maybe not replying to my messge when i asked is it yours?
Name it and i'll be more than happy to pay!
Okay! all seems good but am not taking any chances here since i don't know much about BURST
If some trusted member vouches that i won't be responsible for the account anymore , i will give it to you(or  to the member who vouched) right now.
~Regards Sky

It's in the burstchain. The link I gave shows the message embedded in the burst blockchain. That address is to a block explorer. That's more credible then any member on here that could 'vouch' for burst as it IS essentially burst.

We're basically starting to go into circles now. I've proven I own the account and gave you a way of authenticating in addition to a address you can turn it over to.

Here it is again: http://burstcoin.eu/transaction/1189750995007869064

And a photo of the blockchain since you seem to be unable to click links even though you're lecturing me on security.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 03:38:48 PM

Can some trusted member please Confirm that the blockchain message is correct and all good because am not so sure , since anyone can ask for a public message in bitcoin.

It's really getting annoying for me to keep the account! If someone vouches that i won't be responsible for it anymore even if this is not real owner , i will return it ! because his proof is not so good
~Regards Sky
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:40:38 PM

Can some trusted member please Confirm that the blockchain message is correct and all good because am not so sure , since anyone can ask for a public message in bitcoin.

It's really getting annoying for me to keep the account! If someone vouches that i won't be responsible for it anymore even if this is not real owner , i will return it ! because his proof is not so good
~Regards Sky

A bitcoin address is better, but if he has never posted one here at bitcointalk.org  then in this case I don't know what you should do. The buying/selling of account is a serious and risky activity.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 03:52:11 PM

~Regards Sky

A bitcoin address is better, but if he has never posted one here at bitcointalk.org  then in this case I don't know what you should do. The buying/selling of account is a serious and risky activity.

He has never posted it! but i can confirm that the burst address belongs to the original owner but am not sure about how burst works .
@bensam1231 can you get someone with Senior or Hero rank here to vouch from your Burst community?
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:19:29 PM

~Regards Sky

He has never posted it! but i can confirm that the burst address belongs to the original owner but am not sure about how burst works .
@bensam1231 can you get someone with Senior or Hero rank here to vouch from your Burst community?

If the address belongs to him then you can send him the access data,because he sent the message through a burst transaction no the burst blockchain.
bensam1231 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:43:31 PM

~Regards Sky

What? It's a block explorer for Burst. It's exactly what you're asking for. There is no way someone can send a message and post it on the blockchain from a random account. It shows my exact account ID in the message.

I also stated that I can delete the image links because I own the imgur account the photos are linked to on the account.

It's two factor. You're just grasping at straws now to hang onto the account. If you actually cared about what happened to the account you wouldn't have been willing to hand it to me under the table for some bitcoin immediately when this happened.

A bitcoin address is better, but if he has never posted one here at bitcointalk.org  then in this case I don't know what you should do. The buying/selling of account is a serious and risky activity.

A btc address is used because it's usually readily available. Using a different address that's linked to the account is no different. I'm not buying the account from him. I am the owner of the account who had it stolen. This is neither buying nor selling, I'm trying to get it back while I wait for Theymos to get to my PMs, who can just recover it for me.

If the address belongs to him then you can send him the access data,because he sent the message through a burst transaction no the burst blockchain.

Yup, if he wanted to he simply could download burst and send the data in a encrypted message to my address. I could also send him a message from my account... or you can look at the message I already posted in the blockchain.

cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:49:22 PM

~Regards Sky

What? It's a block explorer for Burst. It's exactly what you're asking for. There is no way someone can send a message and post it on the blockchain from a random account. It shows my exact account ID in the message.

I also stated that I can delete the image links because I own the imgur account the photos are linked to on the account.

It's two factor. You're just grasping at straws now to hang onto the account. If you actually cared about what happened to the account you wouldn't have been willing to hand it to me under the table for some bitcoin immediately when this happened.

He is actually saying that he isnt really familiar with BURST so he doesnt know if it is real or not and asked for a trusted member to vouch for it , if you can get a trusted member to vouch for it then he will probably return your account  Smiley
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 05:56:19 PM

I do understand that all is good but am not sure since it's new to me but still i do understand it must be bad feeling!
So i did it ! reset your password , i've added the id you provided
But i bear no further responsibilty of it ! and jsut to let you know it;s on a 14 day ban
~Regards Sky
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:00:30 PM

I would like to know who chronsky purchased the account from so it can be established who exactly is selling these allegedly hacked accounts.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 06:04:57 PM

I would like to know who chronsky purchased the account from so it can be established who exactly is selling these allegedly hacked accounts.

check PM
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:11:19 PM

check PM
I don't see the reason you want to keep this secret. Especially considering the fact that you gave the person negative trust already.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 06:14:31 PM

check PM
I don't see the reason you want to keep this secret. Especially considering the fact that you gave the person negative trust already.

No use , he hasn't been online since long and i think that account is hacked too as you can see by his post activity
Anyways,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63441
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:14:53 PM

check PM

I do concur with this. I don't want to buy a account from them and it turn out to be stolen. I don't think anybody does for that matter.

EDIT: I was posting this and it said that they was a new reply to the topic but I hit submit again! That's why its out of order Tongue

Editx2: Tecshare may have more info on this. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=783017.0 This is where it takes you when you click on Selling steam games in the profile of Noobularkid
abyrnes81

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:52:11 PM

check PM

I do concur with this. I don't want to buy a account from them and it turn out to be stolen. I don't think anybody does for that matter.

EDIT: I was posting this and it said that they was a new reply to the topic but I hit submit again! That's why its out of order Tongue

Editx2: Tecshare may have more info on this. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=783017.0 This is where it takes you when you click on Selling steam games in the profile of Noobularkid

Yes, maybe TECSHARE can explain the relation with noobularkid or maybe it is only his altaccount ( I dunno know).
bensam1231 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:34:52 AM

check PM

Yes, maybe TECSHARE can explain the relation with noobularkid or maybe it is only his altaccount ( I dunno know).

Personally I have no idea why you would want to buy an account for bitcointalk in the first place EXCEPT to scam people or try to make them trust you when you obviously haven't earned it. The only reason you would want to use trust like that is to screw people over. bitcointalk should simply outlaw selling and buying accounts, there is no good reason for allowing people to do it and apparently there is an entire business model based around it already.

I don't think anyone will actually divulge who is trying to hack the accounts. Mine definitely got brute forced as I didn't think anyone would care about a forum account so I used a easy password. I only think the reason chronicsky popped up is because his customer was unhappy with purchasing a account which had negative rep attached to it and it would eventually come back to him. Actually sorta surprised me that he popped up after I accused the account.

I've recovered the account and it's in my possession now. Please remove negative trust if you put it on the account. It's also been banned temporarily 'worthless posts'.

It appears as though PMs on the account have been deleted as well so I'm not exactly sure what was done on the account.

seasonw

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:28:31 AM

Personally I have no idea why you would want to buy an account for bitcointalk in the first place EXCEPT to scam people or try to make them trust you when you obviously haven't earned it. The only reason you would want to use trust like that is to screw people over. bitcointalk should simply outlaw selling and buying accounts, there is no good reason for allowing people to do it and apparently there is an entire business model based around it already.

I don't think anyone will actually divulge who is trying to hack the accounts. Mine definitely got brute forced as I didn't think anyone would care about a forum account so I used a easy password. I only think the reason chronicsky popped up is because his customer was unhappy with purchasing a account which had negative rep attached to it and it would eventually come back to him. Actually sorta surprised me that he popped up after I accused the account.

I've recovered the account and it's in my possession now. Please remove negative trust if you put it on the account. It's also been banned temporarily 'worthless posts'.

It appears as though PMs on the account have been deleted as well so I'm not exactly sure what was done on the account.

I agreed, I cannot think of a valid reason to buy an account while someone is already a Senior Member.
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:02:00 AM

They could have purchased it at a good deal in hoping to make money from it is a valid reason. Or they want to be in 2 sig campaigns. There's a few reasons anybody could want it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: