Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If btc -> moon and you no longer need to work, what will you do with your time?  (Read 4925 times)
mcplums (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:25:05 PM

Obviously this is a fantasy thread. I'm not suggesting this will happen.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 01:47:48 PM

Sleeping a lot, building a personal fallout shelter, making video games.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:49:50 PM

Help people with problems. Not blatantly spoiling them with money but rather by coaching and assisting so they learn to manage their own.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
agath

Activity: 164

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:53:59 PM

Research on bio technologies to cure diseases, try to improve quality of life, help spreading knowledge, making earth a better place, research on how to extend human lives.
mcplums (OP)

Activity: 146

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:18:42 PM

I've always thought it would feel reeeeeeealy good to stock up on a pile of $100bills, then walk through a city handing one out to each homeless person you see. I realise that this won't help them as much as giving to a homeless shelter, but it will make me feel better!
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:28:47 PM

Continue to work, as I do now...
I own my own business and it's as close to guaranteed income as one can get. There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin if I wanted to. Besides, Bitcoin is just a nice bonus to my retirement account as long as it doesn't die.

T-Y-R

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:33:26 PM

LEGO
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:53:47 PM

i dont know something similar like in star trek they dont have money only lithium or what was is name but this is interesting subject.
really what to do with the time

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:58:03 PM

Even if I don't need to work, then I will continue with what I was doing.

Perhaps starting a new business as extra, or buying myself into a few tech startups.

My life won't be much different at this point. What's important for me is that when I retire I have plenty of funds to live from. That's my goal.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:18:01 PM

fap till death
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:33:42 PM

I would continue to work as i love my profession.

Another house and a 50 foot yacht wouldn't hurt Smiley
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:44:02 PM

I own my own business and it's as close to guaranteed income as one can get. There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin if I wanted to. Besides, Bitcoin is just a nice bonus to my retirement account as long as it doesn't die.

same. you also highlighted potentially the biggest obstacle... "There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin"

there are countless potential problems with a bitcoin moon scenario. i don't think its as easy as retiring to a yacht without a care in the world.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:57:25 PM

same. you also highlighted potentially the biggest obstacle... "There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin"

there are countless potential problems with a bitcoin moon scenario. i don't think its as easy as retiring to a yacht without a care in the world.

call me misguided but I have this vision of moon-bitcoin days in the future when I just have a bitcoin debit card that I live off... or bitcoin is a sufficiently recognised medium of exchange I can just pay for things straight with it, and so on.

sgbett care to share some of the possible problems with a massive increase in btc value?

to be honest I have no idea what I would do apart from live life as normal and just be a bit more relaxed about the future.

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:14:40 PM

I just read that Australians have developed this cure for Alzheimer's with ultrasound that worked on 75% of lab rats. They're planning to do further experiments on bunnies or something, and possibly human clinical trials in 2017.

IF bitcoin takes off then, and I have accumulated a good amount of it such that I will have a significant net worth, and IF this cure seems promising then, I'm willing to spend all of it to have my grandfather cured, if he is still curable at that time.  Cry

If not, especially if bitcoin takes off soon after, and my grandfather misses this cure by a short amount of time, I bet I'd feel guilty for the rest of my life. That said, if that happens, or if bitcoin takes off much later, or if it doesn't cost that much, I'd spend the rest of the money buying some property around the world and become a perpetual traveler, while trying out the top restaurants in the world one by one.

Other than that, I agree with a guy above, I'd like to do some investments/donations to human life extension and other tech research. I strongly believe that donations to create technological abundance is more useful than donations to charity that gives food and clothes to homeless people, for example. It's like giving a man a fish vs teaching a man to fish.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:16:32 PM

LEGO

inca
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:23:10 PM

I just read that Australians have developed this cure for Alzheimer's with ultrasound that worked on 75% of lab rats. They're planning to do further experiments on bunnies or something, and possibly human clinical trials in 2017.

IF bitcoin takes off then, and I have accumulated a good amount of it such that I will have a significant net worth, and IF this cure seems promising then, I'm willing to spend all of it to have my grandfather cured, if he is still curable at that time.  Cry

If not, especially if bitcoin takes off soon after, and my grandfather misses this cure by a short amount of time, I bet I'd feel guilty for the rest of my life. That said, if that happens, or if bitcoin takes off much later, or if it doesn't cost that much, I'd spend the rest of the money buying some property around the world and become a perpetual traveler, while trying out the top restaurants in the world one by one.

Other than that, I agree with a guy above, I'd like to do some investments/donations to human life extension and other tech research. I strongly believe that donations to create technological abundance is more useful than donations to charity that gives food and clothes to homeless people, for example. It's like giving a man a fish vs teaching a man to fish.

I am reminded of a quote..

“Compared to the breadth of knowledge yet to be known, what does your life actually matter?"
Mellnik

Activity: 242

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:28:33 PM

Establish a private space company.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:42:13 PM

“Compared to the breadth of knowledge yet to be known, what does your life actually matter?"
Depends on the frame of reference. To you, nothing. To other people, nothing. To me, everything.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:49:53 PM

Depends on the frame of reference. To you, nothing. To other people, nothing. To me, everything.

To be clear I wasn't referring to your grandfather. Instead finding the posts describing using the money for advancing science to be noble.
calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:51:48 PM

i too would concentrate my efforts/money toward life extension/quasi-immortality. alzheimer's too. and traveling.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: