Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:20:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HAVELOCK tried to BRIBE ME!  (Read 6614 times)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:59:10 AM

For the spectator's perspective, I'd ask mr. AW what he's doing to replenish his funds as I can't imagine his loss is anywhere near his full net worth, or I could be wrong. Or, what would be the takeaway message that AW would want onlookers to take from this whole ordeal?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AirWolf (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Havelock robbed me 170BTC

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:18:57 PM

Actually what i am doing is 2-fold against AM/RM and HL, on this last one i am pursuing it in Canada, but with AM/RM i and holding back the gov. option until next week, if they say nothing in 7 days, i'll go for it and then may any divinity they believe in may have mercy on their souls.

I have been in bitcoin since early 2012, and after this fiasco i barely got even every time with it, it is my thinking that BTC is a trap for those seeking to get money out of it, there are too many expert thieves and scammers and people from the financing industry on it, with many years of experience, ready to devour any good-hearted, naive investor's money, this is like a jungle full of predators.

My message is: STAY AWAY FROM BITCOIN, IT IS A MIRAGE.

HAVELOCK ROBBED ME MORE THAN 170BTC - BEWARE OF THIS THIEVES!
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:22:00 AM

You make good points about the experts and thieves that seem to gravitate toward the bitcoin community but the main problem is that you're attracting non-savvy interested parties to the community all the time and this thing is unlike anything they've ever encountered in their lives, likely. The first movers here had the advantage of a head start in the market knowledge and worked it to their advantage in many cases. As the newer people get their feet wet even more, they look to get more coins and many methods of doing so end up being too good to be true. The fact is, holding your bitcoins securely is the number one rule for survival and working to earn more of them is the only surefire way to not get tangled into the peripheral games of mining, buying into shitshows or other things that turn out to be unprofitable. We all have to learn as we move forward and only the lucky come out unscathed. That said, I believe the rewards down the line are worth the troubles in the mean time.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:32:38 PM

since early 2012, and after this fiasco i barely got even every time with it

So you got in at $6 and right now its $260 and somehow you managed not to make a profit?
I guess its true what they say about a fool and his money.

FWIW, I got in a bit earlier, and to date the total amount I have lost to scams or bad investments in asic hardware or secutities is ahm..  nada, zip, njiente. 

Well if I am totally honest, I lost a 0.1 BTC bet a few months ago, not sure that qualifies.

Nope, the correct lesson you should have learned, and which I and many others have been preaching for years,  is to stay away from anything that promises to 'grow your bitcoin'. Those are the mirages you must have kept falling for time and again when you decided a few 1000% profit wasnt enough. Growing bitcoins is like growing gold, it just doesnt happen very often.
AirWolf (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:03:59 PM

since early 2012, and after this fiasco i barely got even every time with it

So you got in at $6 and right now its $260 and somehow you managed not to make a profit?
I guess its true what they say about a fool and his money.

FWIW, I got in a bit earlier, and to date the total amount I have lost to scams or bad investments in asic hardware or secutities is ahm..  nada, zip, njiente. 

Well if I am totally honest, I lost a 0.1 BTC bet a few months ago, not sure that qualifies.

Nope, the correct lesson you should have learned, and which I and many others have been preaching for years,  is to stay away from anything that promises to 'grow your bitcoin'. Those are the mirages you must have kept falling for time and again when you decided a few 1000% profit wasnt enough. Growing bitcoins is like growing gold, it just doesnt happen very often.

Thanks to you actually, with your double talk about this or that being legit or not, if you knew, by complicity or stupidity that this business was folly, you should never come out to post something that will legitimize them in ANY way in the first place.

You hypocrite and accomplice, bear the shame and guilt to have misled many people that truly believed in your word, and you will bear that forever if you have a little decency on you.

The least you could do is return the tips the people has sent to you, including mine.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 03:28:43 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 03:42:27 AM by Chef Ramsay

At this point, it would be interesting to see if Havelock comes out and makes a statement on this situation. I'm curious to see if Airwolf is legit at this stage, so their remarks will be interesting.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:55:15 AM

If havelock would bribe me 30 BTC today I  will gladly take it over to MPEX Tuesday
AirWolf (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:50:51 PM

At this point, it would be interesting to see if Havelock comes out and makes a statement on this situation. I'm curious to see if Airwolf is legit at this stage, so their remarks will be interesting.

What you mean by legit?

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:08:56 PM

Dear AMHash Contract Holders,

ASICMINER has prepared a contract offering on HaveLock with the ticker symbol AMHashLC. AMHashLC is a contract to offer final settlement for current holders of contracts AMHash. AMHash is a bitcoin mining contract, which is currently not performing due to unforeseen events. AMHash is a complex product which was provided through the collaboration of 4 different parties ( Operator(confidential), ASICMINER, ROCKMINER, Havelock). Each party provided certain guarantees and made certain representations. The continuation of the AMHash contract is currently uncertain due to structural problems in some of the participating companies. Furthermore, it is not clear how the resulting liability should map to the contractual framework and would need to be discovered through formal proceedings.

With AMHashLC, AMHash contract holders will now have an option to accept a default on their contract and transfer any rights for claimed damages arising out of the non-performance of AMHash to the issuer of AMHashLC. The issuer of AMHashLC is ASICMINER. Please note that this offer is not an assumption of liability. It is a proactive offering to allow people to discharge of their AMHash contracts. Please study the specific details for the AMHashLC offering before you make a decision.

HOW TO SWAP YOUR AMHASH UNITS TO AMHASHLC UNITS:

Log into your Havelock Account and click on the xfr button to issue the units back to the issuer. By sending AMHash units back to the issuer your account will receive an equivalent amount of AMHashLC units in return. There is a potential time delay due to this process having to be performed manually.

For AMHash contract holders who have no account with HL: Please contact ROCKMINER for further instructions on how to migrate the contracts to Havelock. We expect ROCKMINER to make a corresponding announcement which contains the necessary details on migration procedures.

Yours truly,
ASICMINER management

AMHashLC offering:
==================

AMHashLC is a liquidated amount contract in exchange for damages and liabilities arising out of contracts AMHash. It can only be obtained by contract holders of AMHash via a swap of AMHash for AMHashLC contracts at a 1:1 ratio. AMHashLC is not tradable otherwise.

Carefully read the terms and conditions before executing the swap.

Introduction
============

AMHashLC is a contract to offer final settlement for current holders of contracts AMHash. AMHash is a bitcoin mining contract, which is currently not performing due to unforeseen events. AMHash is a complex product which was provided through the collaboration of 4 different parties ( Operator(confidential), ASICMINER, ROCKMINER, Havelock). Each party provided certain guarantees and made certain representations. The continuation of the AMHash contract is currently uncertain due to structural problems in some of the participating companies. Furthermore, it is not clear how the resulting liability should map to the contractual framework and would need to be discovered through formal proceedings.

With AMHashLC, AMHash contract holders will now have an option to accept a default on their contract and transfer any rights for claimed damages arising out of the non-performance of AMHash to the issuer of AMHashLC.

The issuer of AMHashLC is ASICMINER.

AMHashLC terms
==============

1) DEFINITION: Each AMHashLC unit represents a total of 0.0003 BTC (0.3 mBTC) payable to the holder of the contract.
2) ACQUISITION AND IRREVERSIBILITY: AMHashLC can be obtained by holders of AMHash contracts only. Each unit of AMHash can be exchanged for one unit of AMHashLC. The exchange is irreversible.
3) COMPLETE AND FINAL TRANSFER: By executing the swap of AMHash for AMHashLC, the owner transfers all prior, existing and future rights and privileges arising out of holding the AMHash contract to the issuer of AMHashLC.
4) NO RECOURSE: By executing the swap of AMHash for AMHashLC, the owner relinquishes the right for any direct or indirect claims arising out of holding the AMHash contract against any party involved in the creation, performance or sale of the contract AMHash.
4) NOT TRANSFERABLE: AMHashLC shall not be traded.
5) GUARANTEED FUNDING: Sufficient funding for all AMHashLC contracts is provided prior to the offering and is secured in BTC address 1FU3uhBR4bKTavbeiJXdHHs13W5bRjM7DA.
6) SCHEDULE: The swap will be offered until April/20/2015. After April/20/2015 the swap offering will be closed and no further swaps will be possible. The total payment to units of AMHashLC will be split into 5 equal installments paid on a weekly schedule. The first payment will be provided after April/20/2015 and prior to April/24/2015 and the combined total will be paid out before May/29/2015.
7) FURTHER OFFERINGS: We reserve the right to do additional rounds of AMHashLC offerings with the same conditions after May/29/2015, should it be deemed necessary.

Q&A
===

Q) Why should you choose to swap your AMHash for an AMHashLC contract?
A) Piece of mind and closure. You're exchanging an uncertain and difficult to enforce contract for a fully funded and scheduled payment plan.

Q) Do I have to perform the swap?
A) No - you do not have to. You have 3 choices: a) Wait for the parties to fix the product and start performing on it again b) Look into litigation or alternative enforcement options c) accept the swap

Q) Is this a scam?
A) No. It's a non-performing contract due to unforeseen events. The issuer of AMHashLC will look into the legal enforcement options against what they consider the responsible parties. By offering AMHashLC as a swap, the issuer of AMHashLC will hold the corresponding contract rights.

Q) I am not satisfied with the amount I get back on the contract.
A) The amount is chosen from practical considerations. The issuing party is currently heavily undercapitalized, the contractual situation and enforcement is difficult and the prospect for recovery of damages is limited if not to say nil. Your lawyer will likely confirm that the offer is in fact attractive.

Q) Who failed and who was responsible for AMHash?
A) The answer to that question is not easy. An important key person is missing and cannot make any statement. The only thing which is clear by now is that basic risk coverage was not considered, which makes all liabilities arising out of any of the contracts effectively unsecured claims.
AirWolf (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:22:58 PM

What is most unacceptable of this ridiculous offer is not only the price, but the infuriating fact that you want us to wait A MONTH FROM NOW and then 5 WEEKS MORE to receive 1/4 of what we invested!!!!!

I will send the papers to my friends in the Russian government who will in turn send them to their friends in the Chinese gov. and will fry you as a cat AMHASH

For HAVELOCK i will contact Canadian IRS and denounce the whole maneuver to avoid taxes in Canada, and also file a police report against you and your brother.

mulletwang

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:57:04 PM

What is most unacceptable of this ridiculous offer is not only the price, but the infuriating fact that you want us to wait A MONTH FROM NOW and then 5 WEEKS MORE to receive 1/4 of what we invested!!!!!

I will send the papers to my friends in the Russian government who will in turn send them to their friends in the Chinese gov. and will fry you as a cat AMHASH

For HAVELOCK i will contact Canadian IRS and denounce the whole maneuver to avoid taxes in Canada, and also file a police report against you and your brother.

Air wolf I support your efforts and admire your persistence. There is no doubt that something smells fishy at havelock. I am a Canadian who has contacted and supported havelock along the way but I have lost faith along the way. I definitely think there should be an independent 3rd party investigation into their financial activities.

Airwolf, stop putting so much effort fighting off the trolls and focus your energy towards your efforts. I think they will bear fruits when you stop allowing your energy to be sucked from you by the vampires.

-Mulletwang
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:21:03 PM

Air wolf I support your efforts and admire your persistence. There is no doubt that something smells fishy at havelock. I am a Canadian who has contacted and supported havelock along the way but I have lost faith along the way. I definitely think there should be an independent 3rd party investigation into their financial activities.

Airwolf, stop putting so much effort fighting off the trolls and focus your energy towards your efforts. I think they will bear fruits when you stop allowing your energy to be sucked from you by the vampires.

-Mulletwang

Lol @ you taking airwolf seriously. You actually think this play pretend gangster is friends with Putin and is going to have him call his buddies at China to hunt down the guy who sold you unregistered securities and took off? You're delusional.

The gullibility of some people in the crypto world never fails to amaze me.
mulletwang

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:23:50 AM

-Mulletwang

Lol @ you taking airwolf seriously. You actually think this play pretend gangster is friends with Putin and is going to have him call his buddies at China to hunt down the guy who sold you unregistered securities and took off? You're delusional.

The gullibility of some people in the crypto world never fails to amaze me.

Don't try and put words in my mouth. Why do you have to constantly take digs at this guy.  Yes I have seen him post some stuff and I take much if it with a grain of salt but same goes for you and your posts. Seems like you sir are motivated to portray a certain perspective whereas air wolf might be batshit crazy but at least he comes off as genuine. So he got hit hard and is pissed and is trying to do something about it. Good for him and good for the rest of us smaller investors. Maybe he accomplishes some,   Maybe he accomplishes nothing.

I do not think I am as you suggested ( delusional). I don't think much can really be done but atleast someone is trying to get to the bottom of it. And if nothing else he is communicating his displeasure and his position to the actors in the situation. He may not succeed in his effort but I can guarantee that something is less likely to happen if there aren't calls being made, emails and letters being sent and cages being rattled.(keep it up all those who are doing this and don't be afraid to post update) jimothy idk why you think it is good to post such negativity because it stifles open and free discussions.

I am not new to Bitcoin and I have seen ponzies and scams come and go and no one ever held accountable. You are not crazy for being cynical and pessimistic. But you are an asshole for attacking people for who don't demonstrate your nonchalantness.

-Mulletwang
jimmothy

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:39:42 AM

Don't try and put words in my mouth. Why do you have to constantly take digs at this guy.  Yes I have seen him post some stuff and I take much if it with a grain of salt but same goes for you and your posts. Seems like you sir are motivated to portray a certain perspective whereas air wolf might be batshit crazy but at least he comes off as genuine. So he got hit hard and is pissed and is trying to do something about it. Good for him and good for the rest of us smaller investors. Maybe he accomplishes some,   Maybe he accomplishes nothing.

I do not think I am as you suggested ( delusional). I don't think much can really be done but atleast someone is trying to get to the bottom of it. And if nothing else he is communicating his displeasure and his position to the actors in the situation. He may not succeed in his effort but I can guarantee that something is less likely to happen if there aren't calls being made, emails and letters being sent and cages being rattled.(keep it up all those who are doing this and don't be afraid to post update) jimothy idk why you think it is good to post such negativity because it stifles open and free discussions.

I am not new to Bitcoin and I have seen ponzies and scams come and go and no one ever held accountable. You are not crazy for being cynical and pessimistic. But you are an asshole for attacking people for who don't demonstrate your nonchalantness.

-Mulletwang

Look, I'm not against doing something, like reporting AM/FC to the proper authorities or taking further legal action if you feel like wasting your money/time. I am however completely against extortion.

I'm honestly surprised so many of you are fully supporting this guys attempts at blackmailing a suspected scammer and his friends/family/associates. It's disgusting. Imagine if you started a business and for whatever reason it fails, how would you like someone threatening your family if you don't cough up the money which you don't have?

There is absolutely no justification for extortion, period.

People aren't just sitting around waiting for some miracle to happen. Action is being taken, but not by some 12 year old wannabe gangster/extortionist who spams every "discovery" he makes across the forum.

I'm 99% sure he isn't even invested at all. All of his discoveries were public knowledge that anyone who spent ~20 minutes doing due diligence would have found. Most likely he's just taking advantage of the situation to extort some guy he knows has a lot of btc since it worked with Mr PBmining.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 12:19:09 PM

Most likely he's just taking advantage of the situation to extort some guy he knows has a lot of btc since it worked with Mr PBmining.

Did it really work with PBmining? Is there a thread about this?

I found this thread about the situation with pbmining: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887871.0 though i didnt find that Airwolf was the one who was paid for threats. Only claims by others that he even got his coins from MtGox back, which sounds highly unlikely.

So can you give a lead to informations on this?

If true then i guess its easier to get coins back from a scammer who fears being doxxed and still has the coins instead getting coins from a business that went wrong and simply doesnt have coins anymore.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
jimmothy

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:37:24 PM

Ok, i have dealt with this before (MtGox and PBmining) and recovered ALL the money, you know how? By gathering the biggest investors and pooling with them a REWARD OF 300 BTC for the whereabouts of YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS and another 300 BTC to pay for the people that is going to PAY YOU AND THEM A VISIT.

You are not dealing here with the average guy that invests 0.1 BTC, i represent a group with almost 250.000 shares, value over 250 BTC, I represent the kind of people that it is VERY DANGEROUS to mess with in any part of the world.

So i will offer you an exit: Reimburse our shares for 250 BTC or i will start the process of hunting you and your relatives and friends. You have 24 hours, after that i will start the hunt and i will make it public, so not only you will have to pay the biggest ones, but almost every little guy that sums to the hunt. It is best for you to settle this now than settle it later, check my posts in this forum, I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE.

Be smart, be like Mark Karpeles and Jason Boyko, they are still good and their relatives too because they acted smart, they kept this private and small and ended up losing less.

You have 24 hours.

IIRC Mr. teal was able to find a ~200 btc transaction that happened right before Airwolf comes out and says this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887871.msg9811982#msg9811982
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 09:10:25 AM

Ok, i have dealt with this before (MtGox and PBmining) and recovered ALL the money, you know how? By gathering the biggest investors and pooling with them a REWARD OF 300 BTC for the whereabouts of YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS and another 300 BTC to pay for the people that is going to PAY YOU AND THEM A VISIT.

You are not dealing here with the average guy that invests 0.1 BTC, i represent a group with almost 250.000 shares, value over 250 BTC, I represent the kind of people that it is VERY DANGEROUS to mess with in any part of the world.

So i will offer you an exit: Reimburse our shares for 250 BTC or i will start the process of hunting you and your relatives and friends. You have 24 hours, after that i will start the hunt and i will make it public, so not only you will have to pay the biggest ones, but almost every little guy that sums to the hunt. It is best for you to settle this now than settle it later, check my posts in this forum, I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE.

Be smart, be like Mark Karpeles and Jason Boyko, they are still good and their relatives too because they acted smart, they kept this private and small and ended up losing less.

You have 24 hours.

IIRC Mr. teal was able to find a ~200 btc transaction that happened right before Airwolf comes out and says this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887871.msg9811982#msg9811982

He really threatened innocents. Nasty character.

Might be that  PBMining paid because he was a scammer who feared being doxxed. Looks like he was doxxed anyway. I wonder how PBMining will explain that payment once other shareholders bring him to court.

But MtGox? Is there some proof or at least a hint that this might be true?

*sigh* I really dont like the amount of persons in bitcoin that have a bad character. Though there are many good persons too. Bitcoin area is somewhat extreme...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: