Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the exchange rate so boring now?  (Read 3758 times)
Frost (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:58:29 PM

The price is absolutely not moving.. what the hell is going on that the exchange rate is so boring. Where is the action? Where are the pump and dumps?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:55:35 PM

The price is absolutely not moving.. what the hell is going on that the exchange rate is so boring. Where is the action? Where are the pump and dumps?

you're boring...

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:30:24 PM

This is not 2011 that anyone with a thousand dollars can move the price. Market capital is quite big, and mostly the price changes in waves, since people need some time to deposit money to exchanges.
Now its like a calm before the storm, since only those who didnt withdraw can rebuy, and they're probably all waiting for a reason to buy, or to keep waiting for better opportunity.
Mostly these situations resolve in another nosedive, but since there were alot of good news recently it wont last long.

cheers
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:55:27 PM

WAIT monday.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:00:35 PM

In Bitcoin, weekends are like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get. - Bubba Gump's theorem

Could be boring like now or P&Ds.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:35:04 PM

this shows that op is in bitcoin for quick money rather than the technology.
initiating pump cost a lot money and is not something large traders do every day. be patient and hold your coins.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:16:56 AM

The exchange rate is so boring because we don't have MtGox's fake trades pushing the price up. 

Boring is good

If a commodity/currency is rising rapidly in price against another popular benchmark (like the US dollar) then holders of that commodity/currency would be utterly stupid to spend or sell.  Just wait until it doubles in price, again!

'Exciting' price movements are only good for speculators.  Everyone just trying to conduct business in bitcoins stays away.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:22:57 AM

This pause is very bullish, the market is waiting to see the push past $300, then the "trend-followers" will dive in deeper and we will see some excitement.

Decksperiment

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:28:46 AM

Because those with everything dont need to buy.. and those selling cant get money from those lower down, because they now have none. So if only middle class buy, what will they buy, as they prob have everything too, but know to save for the rainy day.

In the end, it's like bitcoin users, feeding off themselves, giving less and less, whilst hoarding more and more until there is nothing for the majority, and hence, no point, how's that for speculation?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:13:58 AM

Because those with everything dont need to buy.. and those selling cant get money from those lower down, because they now have none. So if only middle class buy, what will they buy, as they prob have everything too, but know to save for the rainy day.

In the end, it's like bitcoin users, feeding off themselves, giving less and less, whilst hoarding more and more until there is nothing for the majority, and hence, no point, how's that for speculation?

Your solid belief in the power of the Bitcoin project is inspiring.  Tongue
"Greedy" people feeding off others occurs with any type of monetary system. Bitcoin offers advantages that paper money can never begin to equal.   

Decksperiment

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:21:07 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 03:33:22 AM by Decksperiment

All I'm saying is it's not worth getting involved in anymore.. long term users believe that the rarity of btc will make it go up in price, but this is only true if everyone has some.. most btc user's have all, or next to none.. and what they offer aint worth turning the computer on for.. unless of course, you already have enough money to get involved, win/lose some.. for new user's, it really is pointless.. I mean all we can really do with the plethora of btc sites is gamble really, no?

I thought years ago I'd be able to buy food with btc.. I'm still waiting on enough to buy my next 12"

It's not gonna happen any time soon is it?

Most btc services, are for geeks (no disrespect meant) and are not what the majority want, so why get involved, when it's cheaper to go to the funfair, and play the machines there..? Point being here, is you walk away with your winnings in your hand AT THE TIME YOU WON. Big cheesy grin.. ya dont get that often with bitcoin, that's for sure..

Think of btc like a sphere.. a wee ball, filled with advert's, everyone within the sphere constantly sends dust to each other.. less and less dust.. because there are too many advert's.. and far too many people.. all crammed in this wee ball, eating each other, getting fatter and fatter..

Meanwhile, outside the sphere, life is knocking, but no real wallet's are opening are they?

Not to mention in the uk, XP is still the norm, even in gov buildings, and bitcoin no longer syncs properly, and after 4 versions, it still has the same st9bad_aloc bug.. quite simply on xp, it wont sync anymmore.. one of the richest countries in the world use xp, and the dev's clearly dont do much testing on xp to get rid of this problem. BANG! Goes a decent chance at spreading the word.. or the btc.
Decksperiment

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:41:41 AM

Your solid belief in the power of the Bitcoin project is inspiring.  Tongue
"Greedy" people feeding off others occurs with any type of monetary system. Bitcoin offers advantages that paper money can never begin to equal.   

1: Sorry for not being inspired, I lost that years ago as I watched the gracious offerings become less than anything worthwhile..

2: I agree on the greed, obviously Wink

3: Bitcoin offers advantages that paper money can never begin to equal. But what it offer's is useless to non-bitcoiner's.. quite simply, what it offer's is not enough. People need money to eat, btc CANNOT do that on a daily basis.. It cost's more in electricity to mine btc, and what freebies there are, are not enough to feed anyone really.. apart from the hoarder's of course Wink
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:46:48 AM

All I'm saying is it's not worth getting involved in anymore.. long term users believe that the rarity of btc will make it go up in price, but this is only true if everyone has some.. most btc user's have all, or next to none.. and what they offer aint worth turning the computer on for.. unless of course, you already have enough money to get involved, win/lose some.. for new user's, it really is pointless.. I mean all we can really do with the plethora of btc sites is gamble really, no?

I thought years ago I'd be able to buy food with btc.. I'm still waiting on enough to buy my next 12"

Most btc services, are for geeks (no disrespect meant) and are not what the majority want, so why get involved, when it's cheaper to go to the funfair, and play the machines there..? Point being here, is you walk away with your winnings in your hand AT THE TIME YOU WON. Big cheesy grin.. ya dont get that often with bitcoin, that's for sure..

Think of btc like a sphere.. a wee ball, filled with advert's, everyone within the sphere constantly sends dust to each other.. less and less dust.. because there are too many advert's.. and far too many people.. all crammed in this wee ball, eating each other, getting fatter and fatter..

Meanwhile, outside the sphere, life is knocking, but no real wallet's are opening are they?

Not to mention in the uk, XP is still the norm, even in gov buildings, and bitcoin no longer syncs properly, and after 4 versions, it still has the same st9bad_aloc bug.. quite simply on xp, it wont sync anymmore.. one of the richest countries in the world use xp, and the dev's clearly dont do much testing on xp to get rid of this problem. BANG! Goes a decent chance at spreading the word.. or the btc.

XP functionality is bitcoin's main problem... lol

The rest is just whining that people still pay xxx for bitcoins.
Decksperiment

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:54:27 AM

Bitcoin worked perfect in xp until 0.9 came along, no version has worked correctly since.. and the uk aint gonna change for bitcoin.. We have a lovely secure xp, still paid for by the government who pay microsoft to keep it that way.. and since xp is the best (winblows) os previous to bloatware.. I agree to a certain extent, that my whining about pitifull wages is all it is.. I can see you dont care.. spread the word, for now you know the problem Wink

The problem is, you need to offer more to those with NONE, ie, new user's.. all your doing just now is playing in a private club.

A club for vip only...

Bitcoiners need to offer more to spread it.. or they can keep eating themselve's into NOTHINGNESS..

If you've no btc, your not coming in.. Wink

(Unless you click 30 years of ad's just to get your first meal.)
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:57:27 AM

IT only means that the BTC price is stabilizing at current market price and we might have a small steady uptrend soon. ATM BTC price is $290.75 , and hopefully we touch $300 and upward once again. Be patient and dont get bored mate.
Decksperiment

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:15:08 AM

I'll prove a point with btc.. when btc goes up in value, do website's offer more? NO, they stay the same.. and when btc goes down in value, the offerings become less.. the problem being, when btc goes back up, the offering's dont, they stay the same, and when btc goes down again, so does the offerings, but when btc goes up again, does the offerings increase? No, again, they stay the same..

Three times btc increased in value, so folks SHOULD offer more, but they dont.

Three times btc went down and so did the offering's.. when btc went up, the offerings stayed even lower..

I'll not go into people's instant payment's being not so instant, by being sent to third party wallet's probably held by the same people.

I rest my case here.. speculate on what I wrote here..
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:25:41 AM

I'll prove a point with btc.. when btc goes up in value, do website's offer more? NO, they stay the same.. and when btc goes down in value, the offerings become less.. the problem being, when btc goes back up, the offering's dont, they stay the same, and when btc goes down again, so does the offerings, but when btc goes up again, does the offerings increase? No, again, they stay the same..

Three times btc went down and so did the offering's.. when btc went up, the offerings stayed even lower..

I'll not go into people's instant payment's being not so instant, by being sent to third party wallet's probably held by the same people.

wtf are you talking about, bitcoin faucets and ad campaigns? do it like the rest of us, buy or mine.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:30:04 AM

what is this twilight zone where increased demand is supposed to increase supply !?

not even sure what the hell you are talking about

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:31:44 AM

bitcoin is not some funny money created for your entertainment.

it is designed to be saved. not spent "at the funfair" or to buy food.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:32:50 AM

Probably it is not fancinated by speculators. But it is a good sign that the price is stabalized at this level, rebalance itself then steady go up.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: