Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:38:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow Prospero X-3 - thoughts and feelings?  (Read 1708 times)
rez303 (OP)

Activity: 338
Merit: 10

StartFi

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:25:48 PM

Hello, bitcoiners! I've been given the opportunity to purchase a Prospero X-3, made by Black Arrow. There isn't a review for them on popular sites, nor are there many comments on videos past "It's big and loud." I'm aware that BA has had problems with their MOSFETs causing hashing boards to burn, but the owner has said he recieved it a year late because they've fixed such problems. I've requested him to run the X-3 for a few days, and so far, so loud, so good. So, are there any X-3 owners? If so, what can you tell me about their performance, reliability, and stability? And, if given the chance, would you trade it for a pair of Bitmain Antminer S3's? Thank you for any help you can give me Smiley

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:13:53 PM

Hello, bitcoiners! I've been given the opportunity to purchase a Prospero X-3, made by Black Arrow. There isn't a review for them on popular sites, nor are there many comments on videos past "It's big and loud." I'm aware that BA has had problems with their MOSFETs causing hashing boards to burn, but the owner has said he recieved it a year late because they've fixed such problems. I've requested him to run the X-3 for a few days, and so far, so loud, so good. So, are there any X-3 owners? If so, what can you tell me about their performance, reliability, and stability? And, if given the chance, would you trade it for a pair of Bitmain Antminer S3's? Thank you for any help you can give me Smiley

I personally would rather have the S3's.  BA has just gotten a pretty bad name on it as a company.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:28:56 AM

X-3, if it doesn't blow up, uses too much wattage to make it worth running. BA's claim of "fixing problems" has turned out to be flat out lies.

Buy & Hold
Jamphone

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:38:33 AM

X-3, if it doesn't blow up, uses too much wattage to make it worth running. BA's claim of "fixing problems" has turned out to be flat out lies.

I think that sums it up. At my mine, we found one out of two showed up broken, and sometimes not obviously, ie. plug it in for thirty minutes and then smell the burning.

In fairness, the other 50% are still mining away, albeit at a terrible watts/gh.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:52:25 AM

What sort of value do these units have actually if they are on sale?

Given the fact they are risky to run what sort of price should they sold at currently?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
mikenekro

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:20:46 PM

I have seen some of them sell on eBay for around $300-$350 within the past month or 2.

I have had one for 2 months running 24/7. It's stable and has shown no signs of blowing up. I purchased it from a guy on eBay and got a good price for it. He got it from BA and sold them immediately because of that whole situation. It is the batch from February.

It never hashes below 995ghs and averages about 1010ghs.

For power, it does use up about $45-$60 a month where I am. So there's been a little head room. I'm selling mine soon as I will be able to get most, if not all, what I played for it back.

It's a fun machine to look at and take apart to see what's inside. But if you're in it exclusively for profit, you could do better.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:38:31 PM

Thanks appreciate the info.

I have seen some of them sell on eBay for around $300-$350 within the past month or 2.

I have had one for 2 months running 24/7. It's stable and has shown no signs of blowing up. I purchased it from a guy on eBay and got a good price for it. He got it from BA and sold them immediately because of that whole situation. It is the batch from February.

It never hashes below 995ghs and averages about 1010ghs.

For power, it does use up about $45-$60 a month where I am. So there's been a little head room. I'm selling mine soon as I will be able to get most, if not all, what I played for it back.

It's a fun machine to look at and take apart to see what's inside. But if you're in it exclusively for profit, you could do better.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: