Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:17:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (WTT) 2008 Mercedes Benz C300 for BTC Miners  (Read 1726 times)
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:26:55 PM

I know it is a little crazy and I do not anticipate anyone wanting to do it but I am looking to trade a 2008 MB C300 for BTC miners.  I am going to sell the car later this week but wanted to give this a shot first.   I have more cars than miners and want to change that around.  The car has 69k miles and has an extended warranty up to 75k miles.  It runs great and is in good condition.

I will upload additional pics this evening. It is pretty dirty in these pics but the weather is nice so I am going to wash it today.

Clean Title in hand.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:49:27 PM

These are great cars but I really wish more of them came in manual.

I heard the 7 speed automatic is a nightmare if not maintainced properly by the original owner.

How much are you looking to sell for?
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:07:21 PM

That's the cleanest "pretty dirty" car I've ever seen.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:24:50 PM

I heard the 7 speed automatic is a nightmare if not maintainced properly by the original owner.

I don't think so, German cars, and even more Mercedes tend to be really reliable. I've not heard any complaint about the automatic gearbox, and for a car like this having a manual transmission is pointless. You will consume more fuel...
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:06:35 PM

I don't think so, German cars, and even more Mercedes tend to be really reliable. I've not heard any complaint about the automatic gearbox, and for a car like this having a manual transmission is pointless. You will consume more fuel...

No. German luxury cars are actually the most unreliable cars you can buy these days.

They have alot of new technology that tends to fail.

Mercedes were like tanks back in the 80-90s.
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:12:12 PM

No. German luxury cars are actually the most unreliable cars you can buy these days.

I think that that happens a lot in USA, (German cars failing), I am in Europe and by experience Audi, Mercedes and VW luxury models have been by far some of the most reliable cars you can have.
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:34:29 PM

They are selling between $18,000-23,000... Thus car has a few scratches on the rear left bumper (can see it in the picture above)... I would like to get between $18-20-000... The extended warranty adds value to the car--

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:36:32 PM

Btw- I'm located in Tennessee

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 01:06:08 AM

Would love to see some real data on this assertion... As an owner of many German cars that always treated me right (2 2014 BMWs currently in the stable) and my constantly failing GMC I would love to know what you base this on..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:34:35 AM

Would love to see some real data on this assertion... As an owner of many German cars that always treated me right (2 2014 BMWs currently in the stable) and my constantly failing GMC I would love to know what you base this on..

Its common sense.

For example,

Most Germany cars use plastic impellers for the water pump. They do this to reduce weight so the car is more fuel economical. But the plastic throughout the years ages and is much more likely to fail compared to a metal water pump.

They also started using electric water pump, these also fail and when they fail they are very difficult to replace and very expensive.

People don't buy Germany luxary cars for reliability they buy it for the brand.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 09:13:12 PM

I know it is a little crazy and I do not anticipate anyone wanting to do it but I am looking to trade a 2008 MB C300 for BTC miners.  I am going to sell the car later this week but wanted to give this a shot first.   I have more cars than miners and want to change that around.  The car has 69k miles and has an extended warranty up to 75k miles.  It runs great and is in good condition.

I will upload additional pics this evening. It is pretty dirty in these pics but the weather is nice so I am going to wash it today.

Clean Title in hand.

Ok SOLD,  I've got over 70 BTC Asics miners....

70 Block Erupters
avalon Batch 2
Knc Mercury
Bitfury Full Kit
2 FPGA Miners
Gridseed Blade

rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 09:43:46 PM

Clean Title in hand.

Ok SOLD,  I've got over 70 BTC Asics miners....

70 Block Erupters
avalon Batch 2
Knc Mercury
Bitfury Full Kit
2 FPGA Miners
Gridseed Blade

Woah that's crazy  Shocked

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:30:24 PM

Word of advice cause it doesnt hurt, I would just post this on the auction thread and see the response of the # of btc you`ll recieve.

Then use that to understand how many miners you should expect, unless you dont care. But I like to be precise on everything cause it all counts when mining bitcoin.

The real question: Wouldnt the title be a tax burden on the buyer?

Scenario: A kid whos in his mid 20`s can have 50 btc or mining gear whatever, then when registering the car etc at DMV doesnt match up to what he does make per year. The IRS says hmmm you got a nice shiney object?

adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:08:45 PM

Word of advice cause it doesnt hurt, I would just post this on the auction thread and see the response of the # of btc you`ll recieve.

Then use that to understand how many miners you should expect, unless you dont care. But I like to be precise on everything cause it all counts when mining bitcoin.

The real question: Wouldnt the title be a tax burden on the buyer?

Scenario: A kid whos in his mid 20`s can have 50 btc or mining gear whatever, then when registering the car etc at DMV doesnt match up to what he does make per year. The IRS says hmmm you got a nice shiney object?

Yes maybe it would be true if he bought a Ferrari or an mansion, but not an 8 year old Mercedes.

kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:15:18 AM

I thought about making it a Raffle car using someone like OgNasty to run it with like .5 to 1 BTC tickets..... not crazy about the Auction idea when I could drive it to CarMax and sell it.... As far as taxes and registration, the value has to be claimed regardless of weather it is a trade or not (in my experience but it may be different in different places)

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 06:07:11 AM

I'd be willing to do a raffle like that instead of outright buying it.

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 03:52:41 PM

I'd be willing to do a raffle like that instead of outright buying it.

I would definitely be interested in a raffle.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:13:33 PM

I thought about making it a Raffle car using someone like OgNasty to run it with like .5 to 1 BTC tickets..... not crazy about the Auction idea when I could drive it to CarMax and sell it.... As far as taxes and registration, the value has to be claimed regardless of weather it is a trade or not (in my experience but it may be different in different places)

cant you re-sell the car a good pretty good chunk of change like on craigslist?

I remember I sold my car off by like $2,000 but still got around my target price. Im sure there is a demand for the car and just add bitpay underneath it or something for possible btc transaction.

kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:26:17 AM

I don't think I will have a hard time selling it.... just been very busy and not in a hurry.... also thought it would be great if I do find someone to trade... I have had a few interested people from here...

lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:02:35 AM

so no one has offered you besides the guy above, whats your ideal deal? just curious, cause my friend owns a data center and they cleaning out alot of these.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: