Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:06:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Encrypted password retrieval inquiry  (Read 1350 times)
bitsource (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

My son who was an avid bit-coiner just passed away suddenly (couple of weeks ago), he has mentioned in earlier conversations that he has a "large" amount of BTC in several encrypted wallets. He was using Ledger and Razor - I found the keys and recovery sheets among his belongings, but not a password. Is there a way that the Ledger and/or Razor sites may be approached to access his account since I do have most of the info for the account? Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

32DgAoQRMAkqbaYhShLWQnFt4LWJhWe3Ba

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:00:16 AM

My son who was an avid bit-coiner just passed away suddenly (couple of weeks ago), he has mentioned in earlier conversations that he has a "large" amount of BTC in several encrypted wallets. He was using Ledger and Razor - I found the keys and recovery sheets among his belongings, but not a password. Is there a way that the Ledger and/or Razor sites may be approached to access his account since I do have most of the info for the account? Any help or guidance will be appreciated.
Sorry for your loss. Cry
Ledger wallet are special wallet especially made for storing Bitcoin. I'm afraid those site owner can't help you with passwords. You must have password to gain access the Bitcoins stored in wallet.
Can you tell more about it..  Did you try opening Ledger wallet on Laptop? What did it asked? You need either PIN number or 24 words secret password to unlock the wallet.

Read some FAQ here: https://ledger.groovehq.com/help_center
bitsource (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:04:06 PM

Thanks for response. I have the 24 words it is the pin number I do not have. I tried one possible number which was incorrect I am hesitant to keep trying since it only gives three tries before freezing the account.

LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:33:22 PM

Thanks for response. I have the 24 words it is the pin number I do not have. I tried one possible number which was incorrect I am hesitant to keep trying since it only gives three tries before freezing the account.
If you fail to guess the PIN number the wallet will get factory restored the balance will be still in the wallet, Then restore the wallet with the 24 words recovery phrase.
Hope this helps you.

Instructions are here(Scroll down there a tutorial on how to get the wallet working again.) : https://bitcoinmagazine.com/19300/ledger-wallet-nano-cutting-edge-hardware-security/
bitsource (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 09:48:50 PM

Thanks. I tried and followed the instructions. It worked well. Thanks again and also for your concern. It is difficult times, but at least this is now solved.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:43:55 AM

sorry for your loss
plz don't sell his btc. keep it forever with you.
if i die i wouldn't want my parents to sell my btc. i would like them to keep it...

I feel bad for the family, and hope times get better.

I would not say for them not to sell.  With it being a "large" amount there is many things they could do.  They could set up a scholarship in his name, or fund something he loved.  Money definitely will not fill the hole of losing someone, but there are good things they can do with it.
GoingAround

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:39:20 PM

how many bitcoins did he have?

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

████          ████  ███████████▄▄                                
▀███▄        ▄███▀  █████████████▄                               
██    ▄███▄     ▄███▄      ▄███▄     ▄███▄   ████        ████            ▀████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████
██    ██ ██     ██ ██      ██ ██     ██ ██    ████      ████             ▄████   ██▀        ▀██   ██▀        
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██   ▀███▄    ▄███▀    █████████████▀   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██    ████    ████     ███████████▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██  ██     ██ ██     ██  ██     ██ ██     ██    ████  ████      ████   ████      ██▄        ▄██   ██▄        
██  ██     ▀███▀     ██  ██     ▀███▀     ██    ▀███▄▄███▀      ████    ████      ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████
████████       ████     ████                                
██████        ████      ████                                

WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
APPLY FOR CROWDSALE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    BITCOINTALK

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM
bitsource (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:43:29 PM

Thanks for all responses. My next step in the retrieval process is to get to the Trezor wallet. Again I have most of the info, but lacks the crucial knowledge. So, can I access the Trezor acct from any computer? What if I do not have the right password, will I be able to reset without fear of loosing what may be there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: