Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: change name/delete account  (Read 973 times)
kmholleran (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:27:35 AM

Hi

How can I change my username that shows?  If this isn't an option how do I delete my account?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:31:56 AM

You can't change your username (unless you pay ridiculously high amount for Donator/VIP status), you can't delete your account. Just dump this account and make new one or leave if your intention is that.
kmholleran (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:41:35 AM

You can't change your username (unless you pay ridiculously high amount for Donator/VIP status), you can't delete your account. Just dump this account and make new one or leave if your intention is that.

crazy!!!!  ty for the quick response- time for a new account and hope this one gets burried Wink
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:19:46 PM

crazy!!!!  ty for the quick response- time for a new account and hope this one gets burried Wink

My advice is let this account active and then when the rank have a reach member, sell your account Cheesy
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 12:54:10 AM

crazy!!!!  ty for the quick response- time for a new account and hope this one gets burried Wink

My advice is let this account active and then when the rank have a reach member, sell your account Cheesy

For the OP to reach member status, they would need to make almost 50 more posts.

That being said, selling the account would be my recommendation too and the OP could do it right now if they wanted to. However, it would be smarter to sell it once they reach junior member status since prices for junior members are higher and the market for newbie accounts is very small. For the OP to reach junior member status, they will only need to make 11 more posts and because they posted across multiple activity periods and a new activity period will begin in a few hours from now, it should be achievable today. A junior member account can generally be sold for about 0.01 BTC.

Also, there have been very rare occasions where people have asked theymos to change their name and such a request was granted. But it's EXTREMELY rare and almost never guaranteed to happen. In cases where it did happen, they were usually long-established senior or hero accounts. Requests for minor changes such as adding or removing a character are also more likely to be successful.

Finally, the OP could donate 50 BTC to the forum and become a VIP. VIPs have the ability to change their usernames at will. TradeFortress did this and he changes his name occasionally.
Chijio

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:40:26 AM

Finally, the OP could donate 50 BTC to the forum and become a VIP. VIPs have the ability to change their usernames at will.

isnt 50BTC is too much for newbie just to change his name if he can create new account and easily get back his activity points?

Hi

How can I change my username that shows?  If this isn't an option how do I delete my account?

Thanks!

i recommend you to use that account until it became atleast Member or Full Member.. tomorrow you will have a maximum of 42 activity points ( Jr Member) if you do some post Smiley

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 04:02:20 AM

A source from 2013 says that not even those with Donator status (donated 10 BTC) can change their usernames although they can change their user titles which is the piece of text found under the username. You have to be a VIP and thus have donated 50 BTC to actually change your username.

Finally, the OP could donate 50 BTC to the forum and become a VIP. VIPs have the ability to change their usernames at will.

isnt 50BTC is too much for newbie just to change his name if he can create new account and easily get back his activity points?

In 99.99% of cases, sure. But the OP could be an early adopter with thousands of coins. Lots of people have spent more money than 50 BTC on weirder things and besides, a donation would benefit the forum. I agree it's pretty unlikely though which is why I only briefly mentioned it at the end of my post.

i recommend you to use that account until it became atleast Member or Full Member.. tomorrow you will have a maximum of 42 activity points ( Jr Member) if you do some post Smiley

If we measure using UTC time, then it should change today provided the OP makes enough posts. However, becoming a member requires 60 posts and becoming a full member requires 120 posts and (usually) waiting several months so it's possible that the OP might not want to wait so long.
Chijio

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 07:16:07 AM

In 99.99% of cases, sure. But the OP could be an early adopter with thousands of coins. Lots of people have spent more money than 50 BTC on weirder things and besides, a donation would benefit the forum. I agree it's pretty unlikely though which is why I only briefly mentioned it at the end of my post.

even OP is an early adopter i dont think it is reasonable to pay thousand dollars just to change the name of a Newbie account..

If we measure using UTC time, then it should change today provided the OP makes enough posts. However, becoming a member requires 60 posts and becoming a full member requires 120 posts and (usually) waiting several months so it's possible that the OP might not want to wait so long.

OP will wait much longer if he will create new account, it will be 3 2-week period behind his current account Smiley so i suggest OP to just ignore his username and continue contributing good things to this forum

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: