Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:29:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN CORE  (Read 907 times)
kingofbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Good bye Blockchain , you were hacked

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:09:45 PM

I downloaded BITCOIN CORE 10, i will use the work PC which is a CORE2DUO and 5GB RAM ,INTEL HD GRaphics(it can't mine via this GPU) so only CPU mining. How much bitcoin can this PC makes daily, can it make 0.001 BTC daily Huh? And is Bitcoin mining automatic with Bitcoin core (which many websites claim to be)Huh Thanks in advance.

1DDc49pyE3xEbCt8YakfLe48Syrq5XLve

ISLAM-The only true monotheist religion
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:26:49 PM

I downloaded BITCOIN CORE 10, i will use the work PC which is a CORE2DUO and 5GB RAM ,INTEL HD GRaphics(it can't mine via this GPU) so only CPU mining. How much bitcoin can this PC makes daily, can it make 0.001 BTC daily Huh? And is Bitcoin mining automatic with Bitcoin core (which many websites claim to be)Huh Thanks in advance.

If you mine with PC, then there is no way it can make any meaningful amount of BTC. It will be much less than 0.00001 daily.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4668

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:29:45 PM

Mining with a Core2Duo CPU, you will mine less than 0.00000008 BTC per day.  Generally you won't even be able to complete a single share before the block is solved, and therefore you won't mine anything at all in a pool.  If you attempt to solo mine, then you have a 1 in 41528765206 chance of mining any bitcoins right now.  Those odds get worse and worse every day as additional hash power is added to the network.

Due to the fact that CPU mining is so useless, the automatic mining was removed from Bitcoin Core a few years ago.  Any website that is telling you that Bitcoin Core automatically mines with the CPU is VERY outdated and giving you bad advice.
kingofbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:41:19 PM

Thanks a lot guys, uninstalling it right away, unfortunately the only cloud mining now is SCRYPT.CC which is experiencing difficulties, we don't know how it will end up. All others suck with the top being CEX.IO .

Buy the way where is the Blockchain transactions that i download so far about 13 GB, it didn't go away with uninstalling it Huh

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4668

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:49:25 PM

Buy the way where is the Blockchain transactions that i download so far about 13 GB, it didn't go away with uninstalling it Huh

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory
kingofbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:57:56 PM

Yeah that did it , thanks again Grin

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 04:59:46 PM

Thanks a lot guys, uninstalling it right away, unfortunately the only cloud mining now is SCRYPT.CC which is experiencing difficulties, we don't know how it will end up. All others suck with the top being CEX.IO .

There are plenty of cloud mining operations out there... and your assertion that cex.io is the best is amusing Smiley.  HashNest/UMISOO is owned/operated by Bitmain.  Genesis Mining is partnered with Spondoolies.  Both of those services actually have hardware behind them.

I'm glad you decided not to mine with your CPU... you would have been sorely disappointed.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:14:19 PM

You can look into alt coins but I suggest doing ROI math sadly you chances are will lose money.

If you are wanting to mine I suggest a standalone asic miner.  If you look in hardware you will find a few good ones.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:32:19 PM

it is in your data directory.

You can see it in the bitcoin core, I think.

Here the directory is home/.bitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: