Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:12:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mt.Gox - Resuming Dwolla’s full support for our US Customers  (Read 2334 times)
Mt.Gox_Alex (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 08:44:57 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2012, 04:31:48 AM by Mt.Gox_Alex

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20120808.html

TOKYO - JAPAN - August 8, 2012 - It is with great pleasure that we can now announce the restoration of timely USD withdrawals via Dwolla’s network for our US Customers.

Since Dwolla's implementation of its new terms of service, deposits and withdrawals from and to Mt.Gox have become somewhat delayed. However, Dwolla has today given us their full support by formally acknowledging our legitimate use of their financial network within the boundaries of their new TOS (Terms Of Service) for our US customers

Withdrawals
In the past few days we have moved a large amount of funds to our Dwolla account and starting within the next seven business-days (approximately) all withdrawals begin to be processed at their normal Dwolla speed and reach our customer's bank accounts smoothly and quickly.

Deposits
While deposits were not affected to a similar degree, Dwolla and Mt.Gox have set up a new set of rules for people to use their financial network in order to send funds to Mt.Gox. Please make sure that you are following Dwolla's new Term Of Service prior to sending funds, and if you have any doubts, please contact Dwolla’s support team of visit the support center website.

Reminder
Finally we would like to remind customers wishing to use Dwolla and Mt.Gox the necessity for them to become verified by both services to avoid any delays.

Once again we would like to thank all our customers that continue to use our services via Dwolla despite the recent troubles and delays.

---
Date: Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Dwolla formally grants permission for Mutum Sigillum to continue using the Dwolla network.

---

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

Media Contacts
press@mtgox.com

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions :   Now Available!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 02:02:02 PM

Nice.

I have been basically doing a withdraw and forgetting about it for two weeks. Then it shows up at dwolla.
Good news that this is going to be faster now.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 02:07:35 PM

Verification requirement still sucks, big time.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 03:10:57 PM

Well, the verification process was painless for me. Just upload some scans.
Yes.. having mtgox know exactly who I am is annoying in some fashion but they could
have figured it out anyway based on my usage of their website if it came down to it.
Like if I broke a law.. dwolla already knows exactly who I am and eventually dwolla would
end up telling them if a court ordered it.

Anyway.. faster is better.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 07:34:49 PM

Hooray!!

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 08:21:59 PM

I have numerous Withdrawal requests from 8/8 that still have not arrived in Dwolla.  What is the ETA of getting this caught up?

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 08:26:17 PM

I stopped using Gox when they were hacked.  I'm still trying to figure out why I would willingly give such sensitive info to a company that has already allowed my personal info to be taken.  I would consider using Gox again but not with these verification requirements.

Gox?  Care to respond?  Smiley
Valalvax

Activity: 437

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 08:29:41 PM

I presume that that information is stored offline... maybe.. if they are smart it is
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 08:42:06 PM

I stopped using Gox when they were hacked.  I'm still trying to figure out why I would willingly give such sensitive info to a company that has already allowed my personal info to be taken.  I would consider using Gox again but not with these verification requirements.

Then you must not use the internet very much to get stuff done, huh?

Almost every large website, in it's infancy, was owned in some fashion by a hacker.

It is called growing pains. A lot of banks have been pwned. Major companies have been owned.
You probably never read about it because it is part of "internet history" now and you just had
to keep up with the scene for all these years to have heard of them all. Name a major website
and I will fetch you the article of them getting owned.

So you better not shop at some local store with a credit card.. after all.. that info is stored
in, omg, a computer somewhere... and like that computer gets hacked with all your sensitive info.

All they wanted was my real name, street address, etc... and a bill to double check it. They did not
ask me for social security number, credit cards, pin to my bank account, etc.. :-P

----------------

But I came back to this thread to say that a dwolla withdraw is still crap slow. When will it improve?
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 09:15:32 PM

Almost every large website, in it's infancy, was owned in some fashion by a hacker.

It is called growing pains. A lot of banks have been pwned. Major companies have been owned.
You probably never read about it because it is part of "internet history" now and you just had
to keep up with the scene for all these years to have heard of them all. Name a major website
and I will fetch you the article of them getting owned.

So you better not shop at some local store with a credit card.. after all.. that info is stored
in, omg, a computer somewhere... and like that computer gets hacked with all your sensitive info.

All they wanted was my real name, street address, etc... and a bill to double check it. They did not
ask me for social security number, credit cards, pin to my bank account, etc.. :-P

----------------

But I came back to this thread to say that a dwolla withdraw is still crap slow. When will it improve?

i had to resubmit since i had blanked out my DL #.  no clue as to why they need DL # when name and address is clearly printed.

but DL # is changed now
wogaut
Donator

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 09:30:59 PM

What are the current requirements on the Dwolla side for using MtGox (driver's license, SSN, ...)?

Didn't see that in the TOS.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 07:49:27 AM

What are the current requirements on the Dwolla side for using MtGox (driver's license, SSN, ...)?

Didn't see that in the TOS.

Mt. Gox now requires at least Level 1 Verified in order to deposit or withdraw Dwolla funds.

- https://mtgox.com/press_release_20120518.html

Level 1 says Government Photo ID + proof of residence (e.g., utility bill)

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MtGox#AML

- https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20919111-aml-account-statuses

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

wogaut
Donator

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 04:14:11 PM

...and for the Dwolla side?

I recall there needed to be:
ID
SSN
30 days account
Social network

Is all of this still required on the Dwolla side with MtGox?

fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 04:37:48 PM

ID
SSN
30 days account
Social network

no. drivers license and my electric bill allows me to use dwolla as i see fit. dunno about the 30 day account thing. seems petty to worry
about that part.
still the best way to get your dollars into your checking account for the smallest fee. .25 cents.
slow as crap right now on the withdraw but they state they are trying to improve it.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 04:40:48 PM

Nope.  Never used the internet.  But I've heard that giving up ALL you personal info to everyone is a great idea.  Not like I would know for sure...I mean...I NEVER use the internet.   Roll Eyes
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 04:45:02 PM

Nope.  Never used the internet.  But I've heard that giving up ALL you personal info to everyone is a great idea.  Not like I would know for sure...I mean...I NEVER use the internet.   Roll Eyes

Well best not sell anything more on this forum. After all, people have to give YOU their name and mailing address. Unless you think they are
going to go out and get a PO box under some goofy name to get a t-shirt.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 08:19:48 PM

well.. i wanted to do a dwolla withdraw today but when i choose my withdraw method I know
see some strange box below the place i put the amount. It is called: "Voucher code".

I cannot seem to find any explanation for it. sigh. must i open a ticket?

I did my withdraw and it worked fine but i really do not need the stress to imagine my money
might go into limbo for a while because of some  box I did not fill in properly.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:10:12 PM

ID
SSN
30 days account
Social network

That "social network" requirement is ridiculous. WTF am I supposed to do,  join FaceBook so I can use Dwolla? Let's start a social website called "God's Army to Resist Dwolla".    Then when filling out the form you can say "social network..." Oh, ok I have a GARD account.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:06:14 PM

ID
SSN
30 days account
Social network

That "social network" requirement is ridiculous. WTF am I supposed to do,  join FaceBook so I can use Dwolla? Let's start a social website called "God's Army to Resist Dwolla".    Then when filling out the form you can say "social network..." Oh, ok I have a GARD account.

They dropped the social network requirement many months ago, perhaps because of negative feedback from people including myself. (Unless they've changed something recently that I haven't heard about.)

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:07:56 PM

Asking me for DOB.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: