Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:29:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **SHADOW IRC PROMO: WHY IS ANONYMITY IMPORTANT?"**  (Read 2455 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
idiomatik (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:04:19 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 08:18:29 PM by idiomatik

https://i.imgur.com/l751HGY.png

More people should try Shadow, ShadowSend, ShadowChat and get involved in the Shadow Project
I invite BCT members (Junior and above) to join us in IRC:

freenode.net #shadowcash
or go to: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#shadowcash

Since the Shadow Project is all about anonymity and freedom of speech we'd like you to tell us using 10-50 words why anonymity is important.
e.g. "Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority"

Post your message in IRC and then quickly re-post it in this thread so i can verify you are a BCT member. Once I see the same message appear in this thread you'll get tipped 15 SDC in IRC.

To collect the SDC you must:

1. download the wallet
2. post your message here and in IRC
2.create a stealth address and post it in IRC
(not here!)
(so you can receive an anonymous transaction)

If the message is particularly good and you seem genuinely interested in exploring I'll tip you more.

"One man's shadow is another man's shade"

DOWNLOAD WALLETS HERE:
http://shadowtalk.org/topic/359/wallet-update-1-3-1-0
and BOOTSTRAP here:
http://shadowtalk.org/topic/308/bootstrap-instructions

DO NOT POST ADDRESSES IN THIS THREAD. ONLY IN IRC. THE ONLY THING I WANNA SEE IN THIS THREAD ARE PEOPLE'S REPLIES TO THE QUESTION:

WHY IS ANONYMITY IMPORTANT?

@MODS: I hope this is permissible. I dont wanna break any BCT rules. Thank you.
Webnet

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

DaDice! Next Generation Dice Game

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:39:52 PM

I couldn't find more info on sec is there a thread topic on it in this forum?

idiomatik (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:20:59 PM

I couldn't find more info on sec is there a thread topic on it in this forum?

[SDC] The Shadow Project | Anonymous POS | Ring Sigs | NEW HTML Wallet 1.3.1.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.0
freshstorm

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:32:03 PM

i think anonymity is the most important in both crypto world or online world. you can only be the top notch if you have a perfect anonymity system
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:44:23 PM

Because when people can submit their views, opinions, and experiences without revealing their identities, sometimes we can hear their voices in a much more unvarnished way. This can be a powerful data source for understanding certain hard-to-reach (i.e. survey) populations, especially those who have reason to self-censor their true feelings for fear of authority and/or retribution
idiomatik (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:25:05 PM

When u get in IRC ask for child_harold  Cool
Fritwakky

Activity: 375
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:52:30 PM

If you want to stay in shadow you have to implement anonymouos technology as Shadowcash. It works very well with stealth address mixing trasmission as no sniffering service can reach sender o receiver
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:05:14 AM

If you want to stay in shadow you have to implement anonymouos technology as Shadowcash. It works very well with stealth address mixing trasmission as no sniffering service can reach sender o receiver

The blockchain is encrypted, so no mixing required. 
kahaiwro

Activity: 260
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:10:07 PM

anonymmity is important because it is life in some region of the world. There are people risking jail speaking what they think. They need shadow tecnologies to fight for their freedom
P3RS3US

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:21:15 PM

...Harold, you are an original, i'll give you that.

"A U.S. intelligence official told CNBC Tuesday that American spies need to develop ways to get covert access to mobile devices.

"That's what we do," the official said. "CIA collects information overseas, and this is focused on our adversaries, whether they be terrorists or other adversaries."

The official insisted the effort was not focused on intellectual property of Apple or any other tech company, but instead on gaining access to information of intelligence value that adversaries may have stored on their mobile devices.

"This isn't just about Apple or Microsoft," the official said. "There's a whole world of devices out there, and that's what we're going to do," the official said. "It is what it is."
All this is revealed just days before CIA Director John Brennan unveils his reorganization plan to focus the CIA more on cyber-spying." -March 2015

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102492655#.

lelouchzero

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:28:37 AM

"anonymity is to man what flight is to birds: restrain it and your life goes to sh**"
lelouchzero

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 07:25:11 AM

Guess the promo isn't really running?
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:47:56 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 03:03:18 PM by P3RS3US

Guess the promo isn't really running?

APOLOGIES
YES IT IS
PLS RETURN TO IRC TO COLLECT

update: SEE http://www.shadowchain.info/tx/492095cdf5324b7067a2590ebfd2998296bf1f6b79eb67332a693de80150df48
pop in IRC to collect remaining 5. thx
lelouchzero

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 06:46:51 PM

I'm in
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 07:55:42 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 08:56:08 PM by P3RS3US

I'm in

the 2nd tx sent was a Shadow> Shadow tx
this obscures sender, receiver and amount sent. unlinkable. untraceable.

Welcome to Shadow

http://www.shadowchain.info/tx/1a75e35de9711907139121b7fd0eded1a70ed7a48305253725a2c5811a1a4de4
lofegs

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:07:52 PM

Anonymity is important if we want cryptocurrency to be taken seriously by the mass.
In crypto, you do not want to attract unwanted attention from thieves and robbers. Therefore, anonymous coins like Shadowcash will solve this problem with stealth address.

P3RS3US

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:40:50 PM

Anonymity is important if we want cryptocurrency to be taken seriously by the mass.
In crypto, you do not want to attract unwanted attention from thieves and robbers. Therefore, anonymous coins like Shadowcash will solve this problem with stealth address.

Come in IRC to complete process. thanks
idosedthekoolaid

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:09:32 AM

This pretty much sums it up, and is much more eloquent than any rant I could go on:

"I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy, and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity."  - Edward Snowden 

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

I feel that while "anon-centric" technologies may not be the principal selling point of cryptocurrencies to the masses due to the unfavorable light  in which media outlets of the mainstream variety cast such developments, the functionality is essential and is here to stay.

P.S. - With this new digital cash that is taking shape in the form of several notable alts and the power it returns to the hands of WE THE PEOPLE of FREE HUMANITY, anon tech is going to be very important in allowing scofflaws to adopt the alternative system AND DUMP FIAT without the bastards who rob us all blind on a daily basis being able to point the finger at anyone directly, or anything in particular.

LET'S AT LEAST USE ANON/CRYPTO/OBFUSCATION TO INCREASE THE DENOMINATOR IN THE SIGNAL:NOISE RATIO! They may be able to flag all encrypted comms and save them for later when decryption tech advances (IF). BUT if they are, why not show the power of UNITY and up the noise! Run their storage to the max and make everything a hassle!!!

Obfuscate---LIBERATE!!!

<3

PLUR
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:27:39 AM

Come in IRC to complete process. thanks

Apologies. Was sound asleep when u came in chan.
Pls post a stealth addy in chan and/or ask for child_harold,
who is running this. thx
johnbrainless

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:47:51 AM

i am here for the giveaway. anon is very important

♝ Pandacoin   ♝ Buy With Paypal Or Credit Card ♝ FaceBook tipping ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Active Dev Team ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Paper Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: