Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:09:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Admins should realize that we are not all Newbies  (Read 1077 times)
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 09:57:42 AM

I've spent a lot reading and writing about bitcoin during the last year, while I decided only now to register.

I found this to be frustrating, anyhow I will accept it.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 10:13:49 AM

I've spent a lot reading and writing about bitcoin during the last year, while I decided only now to register.

Point us to those articles(?) you've written, prove they belong to you and you may be whitelisted.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 10:16:47 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97270.0
is a relevant thread, shame the trend currently is to start a new whinge thread rather than spend some time on the forum reading what has gone before.

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 02:03:11 PM

Point us to those articles(?) you've written, prove they belong to you and you may be whitelisted.

I wrote that i wrote, not that i wrote *articles* on Bitcoin.

Mostly i wrote on forums, italian & english ones. I don't care to share.

Thanks anyway.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
pehoko

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:48:32 PM

I need to ask something in other section in forum, so I need 5 posts or not ? ... I am mining about 6 mounts and I am not total noob ... may be.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 05:32:42 PM

I need to ask something in other section in forum, so I need 5 posts or not ? ... I am mining about 6 mounts and I am not total noob ... may be.
or you can do what others do,make a post in here, if the mods think it necessary or adavantageous they can either move it or whitelist you and move it Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 05:35:40 PM

Many of us non-newbies still see plenty of posts in the newbies forum because we scan the "show unread posts since last visit" button.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:57:09 PM

Many of us non-newbies still see plenty of posts in the newbies forum because we scan the "show unread posts since last visit" button.

You should be able to ignore posts from a determined forum by admin request of its new board software.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:04:39 PM

You should be able to ignore posts from a determined forum by admin request of its new board software.

You can already do that. SMF standard feature.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 06:07:05 PM

Casascius wasn't complaining. He said you can post in the newbies section and still have it discussed by veterans.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 07:18:33 PM

Casascius wasn't complaining. He said you can post in the newbies section and still have it discussed by veterans.

+1 correct, sorry I was not clear

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:45:31 PM

Sorry, I didn't realized that.

Anyway I will wait the bugged hourly counter to go up a little bit more and post on the right section Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: