Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:16:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Guild - [PPS Merged Mining Pool] Newbie Thread  (Read 1837 times)
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 08:44:19 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2012, 10:55:50 PM by eleuthria

This thread is a copy of our primary thread in Mining -> Pools, so that newbie users can ask questions if they run into any problems with our pool.

BTC Guild - https://www.btcguild.com

Advantages
  • Pure PPS - We pay a fixed rate per share, period.  There is no buffer, there is no limit based on good/bad luck.  If your share is valid, your account is credited for the value of that share almost instantly.
  • Merged Mining - Earn Namecoins and Bitcoins at the same time without any reduction in your BTC earnings.
  • Long-polling support, reducing the number of stale shares if your miner supports it.
  • SSL security - Our website forces all connections to be carried out through HTTPS.
  • Automatic Payouts - Receive payouts automatically when they hit a certain threshold (full BTCs only).
  • Full precision payouts - Get all 8 decimals of your balance transferred when you request a manual payout.
  • On-demand payouts - Request your balance be paid to your wallet at any time by clicking the Request Payout button on the My Account page (minimum 0.1).
  • No invalid blocks - PPS Guild is Pure PPS.  You get paid a fixed rate per valid share.  If a block is later invalid/orphaned, your earnings aren't affected.

BTC Guild is a Pure Pay-per-Share pool.  This means that every valid share you submit is always worth a fixed amount, based on the current bitcoin difficulty.  Each share is worth (1 / difficulty) * 47.5.  It is multiplied by 47.5 instead of 50 because we charge a 5% fee for Pure PPS.  This is because in a Pure PPS model, you assume no risk, and the only variance you will have is your luck on finding shares.  We assume all the risk of block finding variance, and will purchase additional BTC to meet our liabilities if we have not found enough blocks to make payouts.

To point your miner at the pool, you can use the following (examples for poclbm and Diablo):
poclbm.exe -d1 --host=mine2.btcguild.com --port=8332 --user=[username]_[workername] --pass=[anything]
DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -b -o mine3.btcguild.com -r 8332 -u [username]_[workername]
Detailed instructions for GUI Miner, cgminer, and ZTex's FPGA miner are available on our website.

Mining is enabled on Port 80 if you use mine2.btcguild.com or mine3.btcguild.com!
European and Asian users may prefer to connect to our Germany server:  de.btcguild.com

Visit our IRC channel on FreeNode.net to chat with other members or the pool operator: #btcguild

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 10:45:55 PM

BTC Guild has added a fresh 'Getting Started' page which is presented to users after registering, and is also accessible under the Help / Support section of the side bar.  This page includes links to recommended mining software for beginners, as well as instructions on how to connect.

Additionally, new users have a worker created automatically so they can get started right away without having to go to the 'Manage Workers' section after registering.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: