Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:09:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When Did Taco Bell Do The Starbucks Name Thingy  (Read 589 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 07:18:47 AM

At Taco Bell today cashier asks for my name, later someone shouts it out and hands me my order, for a moment I thought I was at Starbucks --  Cheesy

Is this local franchise stuff or national roll out, how long has this been going on?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:16:54 AM

Lots of places have been doing this for decades. Often these days, to honor the privacy of the patron, the fast food gives out a number on the receipt after you pay for it and before the order is actually filled. Folks who know about the name-call, often use a fictitious name just so folks don't know what their real name is.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:48:31 AM

Lots of places have been doing this for decades. Often these days, to honor the privacy of the patron, the fast food gives out a number on the receipt after you pay for it and before the order is actually filled. Folks who know about the name-call, often use a fictitious name just so folks don't know what their real name is.

Smiley

Toco Bell has been doing the number thing for a long while (# still on receipt) but I suppose this is a more personal touch.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: