Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:26:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.0.3 under Windows 8 perpetually "Synchronizing"  (Read 1227 times)
stingleword (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Out of crypto entirely and don't miss it

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:45:35 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 01:25:30 PM by stingleword

I've tried it with five different wallets plus a new one, and I cannot get Electrum 2.0.3 to stop "Synchronizing" and display my available balance (as well as load my address lists and contacts). I am able to send coins and I get a notification when I receive coins, but the application is perpetually stuck in this mode and never updates the display pages. All my wallets are exclusively imported private keys - I am not using any HD wallets under Electrum. One of these wallets has literally one transaction in its history, so it shouldn't take more than a second to sync up, but it won't.

2.0.2 seems to work fine but suffers from the Zero-Size Wallet File bug (960) that has destroyed my wallets multiple times already. 1.9 is basically unusable for me (consistent periodic system-wide hangs while application is open); these problems are gone but now I can't view my balances, addresses, contacts, invoices, or history, on any wallet.

Suggestions? This is driving me nuts.

Crypto is dead, its community is a series of bad jokes.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 02:58:32 PM

what is the size of your wallet files?
does it go away when you exit and restart electrum?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
stingleword (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:13:22 PM

what is the size of your wallet files?
does it go away when you exit and restart electrum?

Anywhere from 2 KB to 8 MB. All of them displayed this behavior.

Restarting fixes it, intermittently. Sometimes closing and restarting Electrum will fix this issue (until the next transaction) and sometimes it will not.

ninja edit Of course, now it is fine. All wallets are loading correctly (and quickly). Will report back if the problem arises again.

stingleword (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:24:51 PM

If the addresses contain many transaction, electrum have to synchronize the data contain all transaction of all your addresses
So, you don't have to worry about it
You didn't read my problem. The wallet was stuck at "synchronizing" for over a day for every wallet, even one with only a single transaction in its entire history.

Regardless, the problem has mysteriously resolved itself and not come back so I will lock this thread.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: