Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:24:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Got two broken dragon miners, attemptive scam, please help!  (Read 2145 times)
shiunsai (OP)

Activity: 759
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:39:57 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 05:49:04 PM by shiunsai

CASE CLOSED SOLVED CASE CLOSED SOLVED CASE CLOSED SOLVED CASE CLOSED SOLVED CASE CLOSED SOLVED

What happened::
I recently bought two dragon miners and it was stated one of them had one broken blade. first, the seller claimed the shipping was $170 when I said I might split shipping with him, there is no way it can be that much have it I shipped one recently for just $30. I received both miners and they were disassembled, I have gotten 10-12 dragon miners in the past and these are the only ones that have been disassembled like this, I dont know why and his reason was because one time he got one with a broken handle and had to file a claim ( this reason has no relevence to the point of sending it disassembled) all the blades were broken , some bent, the SD card was even broke in half. I feel like product was broken to begin with, so it was sent disassembled in attempts to blame UPS. I complained to him and the first thing he said was "the only thing you can do is bring it up with UPS and file a claim"  (making me feel that sending it disassembled and blaming UPS was a correct assumption) .  On top of that, he is not very responsive, saying he has family issues and does not have time to deal with me, making me feel he is avoiding this  because he has my bitcoins now. He said that he won't refund me until he gets refunded from UPS which is pretty unreasonable I feel like since this could have been avoided if he assembled them, he also said he is waiting to hear back from UPS, but when he said that, I already had a UPS guy come to my house trying to pick up the product. I feel he was trying to get me to impulsively pack it and ship it back to him thus me losing on the broken product and the PSU's he gave too. I'm out hundreds of dollars in bitcoins and I have broken miners, this situation is all to fishy and I would like some outside advice on it, please and thank you.

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=114347

Reference Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946985.new#new

Amount Scammed: 1.24btc
Payment Method: Bitcoins
Proof of Payment:
https://blockchain.info/tx/463ac17d95f266d2db170ab5c5eb422e05b541ad95ed1a53a4f8c090ba63e2ef

PM/Chat Logs:
Right now I am waiting on UPS to get back to me. Once they do I will tell you where to ship the miners. Then they can process the insurance claim.

I will get you the refund when I get the money from UPS. I do not have time right now to go into all this with you. I have work and family issues right now that take precedence over this. I am not going to pull more money out of my pocket to refund you right now. From the pics, if the caps are the only thing that is broken. Those can be soldered on rather quickly. To your point about scamming you and knowingly sending you broken gear, that is pretty much bullshit. I am sorry UPS decided to throw the miners around, that is not my fault. I will take responsibility for not packing them correctly, but I will not go back into my own pocket to refund you money when I already have $170 in this deal. Why would I pay so much in shipping and send you about $200 PSU's if I planned on filing a UPS claim? That does not make sense in anyway. I have done deals on the forum worth 10 times this amount. So if I was gonna start scamming people, I would have picked a higher value deal than this one.

For right now you are just gonna have to chill. When I hear from UPS, I will let you know what to do.

This is where he says how shipping is $170, how he sent me two PSU's with no cost which makes me think the he knew the miners were bunk.
Additional Notes: I advise you to not deal with this user until this dispute is resolved.

here is the last post I have written.

I'm really confused about my purchase, I fear I'm not able to get a refund for broken goods, and he says he won't give me a refund until UPS refunds him, which I feel, is not going to happen anytime soon, if not at all since it is UPS, not me or the seller.

I feel I should get a 50% refund at least if I choose to keep the product so we don't have to deal with UPS, but i have been waiting on a response ever since I have asked him for a half refund a day and a half ago but have not got a response since.

I don't think the seller broke the machine, only one blade was broken stated in OP, but all blades came broken (the caps), he threw me two PSU's which was  generous, but does no good with broken miners, I don't know if it was meant to honeypot the deal, but at this point, the PSU what is of worth. Because of that, and because all 8 blades came broken is why I seek a half refund if not a full one..

Confusing, but he stated that he is "waiting for UPS to get back to him" but the day he said that, that same morning, I already had a UPS driver try and do a pre-scheduled pick up before the seller even told me that anyone would be coming to pick anything up, even until now, nothing has been stated about anything scheduled to be picked up.  Maybe its just me being paranoid from the past, but I fear that items were sold defect hence came disassembled without reason and prescheduled to pick it up hoping I would impulsively pack it up  and let it go without deciding what to do as far as a refund and ownership of product, then he could get the miner and PSU's back while having the decision to refund me or not. If anyone has any can help me or has experience in a situation like this please help, I am with broken miners, a situation that is not being solved because he said "he does not have time right now to go into all this with you. I have work and family issues right now that take precedence over this."    So I feel scammed and now being brushed aside. .. Sorry for being accusative or maybe out of line, but as a customer, I feel I have the right to get a refund or at the least, a working product.

CASE CLOSED SOLVED CASE CLOSED SOLVED CASE CLOSED SOLVED CASE CLOSED SOLVED CASE CLOSED SOLVED
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:25:07 PM

I feel like the OP is missing some info.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:11:08 PM

Whoops, will fix it now
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:18:05 PM

sd cards just don't break in half. Unless someone does it and they know it.
Reads like the seller is trying to pull some kind of scam. They don't care they got paid though.
Name and shame.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:24:11 PM

Reads like the seller is trying to pull some kind of scam. They don't care they got paid though.
Name and shame.

That's exactly what I'm saying, my friend is the one who pointed it out to me and saw it too, and it was broken before I even touched it so it wasn't like starting to break, it was clearly snapped broken. and of course I haven't heard from him in a day, he says he has family problems then leaves the scene.... so I'm basically screwed then?

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:51:17 AM

Name and shame.

That's exactly what I'm saying, my friend is the one who pointed it out to me and saw it too, and it was broken before I even touched it so it wasn't like starting to break, it was clearly snapped broken. and of course I haven't heard from him in a day, he says he has family problems then leaves the scene.... so I'm basically screwed then?

Doesn't look like damage from a shipment.

Would like to see a response from "daddyfatsax" regarding this matter.
shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:31:01 PM

He was last active yesterday and he was also active yesterday, so he obviously is ignoring all of this and more, how do i go about getting whats right? pretty ridiculous of a situation...
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:49:13 PM

Can't comment on what has happened much, but I can say I have done business in the past with the OP and he is a stand up guy.  Hopefully everything works out

BCwinning

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:14:36 PM

He was last active yesterday and he was also active yesterday, so he obviously is ignoring all of this and more, how do i go about getting whats right? pretty ridiculous of a situation...
there is always mail fraud and small claims court too.
File a complaint with police and inform UPS it wasn't damaged in shipping and it's pretty obvious.
Sounds like guy is trying to get UPS to pay for his broken down junk. or Pawn it off on you.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:49:43 PM

Holy shit... I'm not ignoring you, I'm traveling for work. I have not heard from UPS. Why the fuck would I ship broken miners? Seriously.... If I would have known the miners would arrive damaged, I would have kept them running in my warehouse and not sold them. I sold 4 of my 10 TH/s, 1.7 TH/s to you and 2.3 TH/s to another user on the forum. So again, why would I just ship you broken shit and nobody else? Why would I break nearly 20% of my gear? For 1.24 BTC?!?!? Come on.... 

Just like the first post said, I take responsibility for the shipping damages but I didnt fucking break the miners nor were they broken before shipment.

I'm sorry I'm not going to drop everything when you need to be reassured I'm not scamming you. 

I've really tried to be nice, but I'm about done with this bullshit. Solder the fucking caps back on and buy an $8 SD card. Problem fucking solved.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:07:29 PM

IMHO the most likely scenario is that they were damaged during shipping, unintentionally or otherwise. If someone is really out to scam, they wouldn't ship anything at all.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:53:50 AM

In response to that I sent you broken gear. -ck was kind enough to provide me with the logs of my hashrate for the last 4 months. Feel free to check it.

http://ckpool.org/1FATSAxjd8f3LDjQzJG8GosvLHwADDcrei.log
shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:22:10 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 09:08:45 AM by shiunsai

getting ur coins and then ignoring the dispute for three days is avoiding. avoiding a 1.24 btc refund,, u logged on 4-5 times without response this whole time, yeah so it shows you hashed... all until you disassembled it and shipped it to me, absolutely no reason to disassemble it and then send it to me.  I dont get that you'd hash with it and the next day sell it, and disassemble the whole entire thing then ship it, the SD card broke, not complaining about 8 dollars but how you'd choose the option that would give it more risk of breakage than non. and then have the UPS guy try to pick it back up from me three times before you even mention he is coming, you had the UPS guy scheduled to pick it up before I even asked for a refund, not only that, you said you are "waiting to hear back from them" days after they tried to pick it up. im not trying to get scammed for 1.24btc then lose the product itself as well. I asked for a refund or half refund and then after that got no response for days but saw you were logging on multiple times. full refund and get ups to pick it up, or half refund and just drop the whole thing because like  said up there, SD card just dont break on itself.

its more troublesome to disassemble the miner than ship it, with four blades and a PSU bouncing everywhere of course things will break more, why would you go through more trouble to disassemble it when it is less trouble to send it assembled and it'd come in better condition assembled as well.  you said one of the blades were broken and that referred to the caps off, so then why couldn't you solder iron it then and sell it as not broken. you stated a broken blade the same way i am stating these to be broken.

IMHO the most likely scenario is that they were damaged during shipping, unintentionally or otherwise. If someone is really out to scam, they wouldn't ship anything at all.

It may seem, I wish i took a picture before i unwrapped each blade, but I feel it had to have been broken or broke before shipping it, snapped in half SD card from a blade moving around bubble wrap in a box, I can understand one cap coming off, but each one had 2-3 caps off, some of the chips had physical damage, one blade the metal was bent. He tried to retreive it back before letting me know, as if the box could have been dropped off, if I did not grab it, the UPS truck guy would have got it and sent it back to him, so either he was going to send it and retrieve it back, or do what we are doing now, end result of him having the coins and no broken rigs still the same.
shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:29:53 AM

there is always mail fraud and small claims court too.
File a complaint with police and inform UPS it wasn't damaged in shipping and it's pretty obvious.
Sounds like guy is trying to get UPS to pay for his broken down junk. or Pawn it off on you.

it explains why he would disassemble it, could have hashed, then broke, then tried to sell it. one of the blades, the metal was literally bent, that doesnt happen from shipping when its covered in bubble wrap. i literally feel like i got it pawned off to me, saying theres nothing he can do, told me to complain to UPS, and now telling me to fix it on my own.

it was advertised as one miner had 4 blades but one was broken, and he said the broken one had one missing cap. now all of them have missing caps so based on his statement of broken, everything is broken and he is saying to solder it on like its nothing no big deal.

His reasoning for disassembling it to send it makes a lot less sense, compared to it being a way to get UPS to pay for the broken down junk

Also, the reason I took everything apart is because the last one of those miners I got, the one with the handle on top, came broken and I had to file a UPS claim.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:54:24 AM

Seen as the miners were not advertised as "spares or repair" I would expect them to turn up in full working order.

For the seller then to say you should start soldering parts back on is a joke.

Your deal and contract is with the seller and not the courier.  If the items arrived damaged its the sellers responsibility to refund you then recoup his losses by filing a claim with the courier.

In my eyes the seller's shift in attitude is slanting towards earning him a scammer tag.
shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:12:12 PM

Seen as the miners were not advertised as "spares or repair" I would expect them to turn up in full working order.

Your deal and contract is with the seller and not the courier.  If the items arrived damaged its the sellers responsibility to refund you then recoup his losses by filing a claim with the courier.

In my eyes the seller's shift in attitude is slanting towards earning him a scammer tag.

That's the exact way I feel like, I expected both to come assembled at least, then I expected one to be full working order, and the second one to hash at ~750GH because he stated one blade was broken. Him stating that one blade was broken in his OP, I feel is a sugarcoast for the bigger picture, that the whole thing was broken.

Here's another huge indication, he stated on the OP of his topic that the 4th blade is broken he says, "(4th blade may be savable)".      *may* be? and then he goes to say that how the 4th blade is broken is  with one cap coming off. So, a blade with a broken cap is a "may be savable" blade in his terms, then when ALL my blades have more than one broken cap, he tells me "Solder the fucking caps back on"   why couldn't he "fucking" solder the one cap on and save that 4th blade so he even could advertise both as fulling functional and non broken.

Yes, when he goes and says I should just solder it myself, that is a joke I agree and I feel that is really rude and bitchy, especially coming from the fact I am the one that is out of the bitcoins and with a broken machine, two if that, he got rid of his machine and got paid yet he is angry and telling me to fix it myself.

It sucks terribly, I was on the fence about buying the miners in the first place. Just a college student, money isnt flowing around me, I used an advance on my tax return to get coins and get these miners and then when they came disassembled, that was a little disheartening, for I would have to put them together (its a lot of time to assemble and re-assemble, he had to have a reason to disassemble it and thats cous it was broken), and then when i started seeing caps fall out of each blade, then bent metal on blade, and a broken SD card, i knew I was scammed. I was blown and still am because I know he's not budging with the coins, he is giving any excuse to get angry and leave the situation.

So did I basically just buy this guy a scammer tag for 1.24btc? *sigh*
shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:53:09 PM

Are you going to let a refund go, can we please get this issued instead of ignoring the issue, it has been close to two days without a response and i'd rather get this right than feel like i'm left scammed. Thanks

said this yesterday and he's responded to this post but not my refund request, all this over 1.24btc, can say with confidence that i needed that a lot more than he does too. I feel it's  such a let down to the bitcoin community.
BCwinning

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:09:40 PM

Your deal and contract is with the seller and not the courier.  If the items arrived damaged its the sellers responsibility to refund you then recoup his losses by filing a claim with the courier.

pretty much sums it up.
Bottom line miners shouldn't have been broken down to ship since they ship across the world that way.
Seller should have communicated they were breaking down the miners and if seller wanted to build miners.
Buyer assumed they were complete intact plug and play miners. Seller didn't communicate otherwise.
Seller should have packaged parts better. This isn't a buyer problem but a seller problem.
WITH ALL THAT SAID.
WE need to see pictures of this damage, how it arrived on your doorstep, how it looked when you opened the box.
If you didn't take pics when you opened the box and saw the mess, it really doesn't help your case.
First thing you should always do is get your camera if something looks wrong.
If you posted pics I don't see them in the thread, but for some reason I don't always see images here anyhow.

The Bitman

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:15:09 PM

Miners don't break during shipping and they shouldn't come unassembled either. Two basic facts. Did the seller not put a fragile sticker on the package? If not, it's his problem, he needs to chase the shipping service and refund you.
shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:27:37 AM

Miners don't break during shipping and they shouldn't come unassembled either. Two basic facts. Did the seller not put a fragile sticker on the package? If not, it's his problem, he needs to chase the shipping service and refund you.

Yeah, should definitely not come unassembled, there was no fragile sticker just double checked. I feel he needs to refund me before he chases whoever and has to deal with what not, he even said he got it insured for $200, so that being said he should easy be able to refund me because he himself can get a refund. With that being said, he won't get his insured refund shows he is scamming.

I still have yet to hear from him, he ignores me and doesnt refund, straight scammed, he says he is busy with family, yet logs in multiple times per day.

Your deal and contract is with the seller and not the courier.  If the items arrived damaged its the sellers responsibility to refund you then recoup his losses by filing a claim with the courier.

pretty much sums it up.
Bottom line miners shouldn't have been broken down to ship since they ship across the world that way.
Seller should have communicated they were breaking down the miners and if seller wanted to build miners.
Buyer assumed they were complete intact plug and play miners. Seller didn't communicate otherwise.
Seller should have packaged parts better. This isn't a buyer problem but a seller problem.
WITH ALL THAT SAID.
WE need to see pictures of this damage, how it arrived on your doorstep, how it looked when you opened the box.
If you didn't take pics when you opened the box and saw the mess, it really doesn't help your case.
First thing you should always do is get your camera if something looks wrong.
If you posted pics I don't see them in the thread, but for some reason I don't always see images here anyhow.

Most definitely, I agree with everything you are saying, I got it, opened it, and then tested the blades to find out it was more than just one that didn't work, so everything is the same from when i opened it fresh off my doorstep, the second i saw something was broken more than it was, i started taking pictures. i'l post them here repost here:

some blades, most are the same, some just have all caps missing, some have 3 missing, some two, a few one.

sd card some how snapped in half

both boxes were just standard box with no fragile sticker, as basic as basic gets.

bent metal in this one
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: